So, I just finished Fruits Basket..it was amazing. Spoilers, naturally.

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

So, I just finished Fruits Basket..it was amazing. Spoilers, naturally.

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 pm

The ending was totally unexpected...well, not really, but I didn't see [spoiler]Tohru and Kyo acutally being married.[/spoiler] It was incredibly sad, though, because after so long, you fall in love with the characters, and now there is no more to see of them...haha. What did you all think of it? I must say, the volumes leading up to this, particularly 22, were equally awesome, especially watching as [spoiler]the curse broke in each character.[/spoiler]
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby wildpurplechild » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Yes, i loved the ending, but I sort of wish their was a second Furuba of their daughter. i also really like that [SPOILER]Yuki ended up with Machi[/SPOILER]
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby ScalpelFactory » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 pm

Also, on the subject of our favorite head of the Sohma household...

[spoiler]OMG, Akito's a girl. And she's in love with Shigure.[/spoiler]
Overall, this series gave me so many sad moments, and yet some joy and hope for humanity. It’s a very beautiful sort of happiness, the sort that thinly covers deep sorrow.
-{Bifauxnen Extraordinaire}-
-{My Cosplay LJ}-
MOES - Sig heil!
WE TAKE OUR DULLAHANS PRETTY SERIOUSLY AROUND HERE.
ScalpelFactory

Postby wildpurplechild » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:36 am

ScalpelFactory (post: 1350668) wrote:Also, on the subject of our favorite head of the Sohma household...

[spoiler]OMG, Akito's a girl. And she's in love with Shigure.[/spoiler]

Yeah this was one of the more confusing chapters for me. [SPOILER] Though once you find out about her and her parents, this cruel character Akito sudenly becomes the one you feel sorry for. [/SPOILER]
I also recently went to an anime convention and went to a furuba panell there. it's funny to see what everyone thinks of the characters, and how we view them all so differently.
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby AngelicTotoro » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 am

I loved this manga, in fact I keep meaning to re-read it, I loved it so much.

The anime made me cry at least three times, and the manga twice.

[spoiler]I was so happy when Kyo finally told Tohru he loved her. <3~and the fact they end up getting married and having a grandchild still makes me smile everytime I think about it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Also, I was really sad for Hatori, having to erase the memory of the woman he loves, and then hear about her getting married. So him ending up with Mayuko was one of my favorite moments. =3[/spoiler]
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby wildpurplechild » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:06 pm

AngelicTotoro (post: 1353825) wrote:I loved this manga, in fact I keep meaning to re-read it, I loved it so much.

The anime made me cry at least three times, and the manga twice.

[spoiler]I was so happy when Kyo finally told Tohru he loved her. <3~and the fact they end up getting married and having a grandchild still makes me smile everytime I think about it.[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]I liked that part too, but I didn't see a grandchild, I think the girl at the end is their daugter, she just calls her mom by her first name. [/SPOILER]
I too loved this manga. Enough to buy a Yuki Plushie :jump:
wildpurplechild

Postby PrincessZelda » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:10 pm

I finished it not too long ago... Aww, I really love Fruits Basket. But, I kind of felt like it just, ended really abruptly... BUT

[spoiler]I really love Machi and Yuki as a couple... Awwwww.... :3 They really are good together. I at first wasn't sure how I felt about Kyo and Tohru because I felt sad for Yuki, but then Machi came along, and she's so much better for him XD

Also, I NEVER thought I'd feel sorry for Akito, and sympathize with her. Or that she's end up turning good in the end. But yeah, I was happy with how it ended. But it seemed kind of anticlimactic... Reading it I was like "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN?!?! ... oh." [/spoiler]
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Who has the saddest Furuba life? [SPOILER] All of their lives have such, sad stories! I really sympathize for Momiji and Akito, both of there mothers went a bit crazy, but Momiji's mom was sane without him :( [/SPOILER]
wildpurplechild

Postby PrincessZelda » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:54 pm

[Spoiler]Yeah, they all do have pretty depressing lives... I think Kyo might win the most depressing life contest, though. Not only because of all the stuff with his parents (especially with his mother, and all...), but also because he's a completely outsider, from his family, and everyone else ._. [/spoiler]
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby wildpurplechild » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:10 pm

PrincessZelda (post: 1356241) wrote:[Spoiler]Yeah, they all do have pretty depressing lives... I think Kyo might win the most depressing life contest, though. Not only because of all the stuff with his parents (especially with his mother, and all...), but also because he's a completely outsider, from his family, and everyone else ._. [/spoiler]

[SPOILER] yeah, his is pretty sad, though I also felt really bad for Akito, aspecialy when you find out about her and Shigure, and how he betrayed her.[/SPOILER]
wildpurplechild

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:29 pm

wildpurplechild (post: 1356350) wrote:[SPOILER] yeah, his is pretty sad, though I also felt really bad for Akito, aspecialy when you find out about her and Shigure, and how he betrayed her.[/SPOILER]

[spoiler] Well... that's true, I suppose... but yeah, it's hard to say, because everyone's life is depressing in that series... XD]

PrincessZelda

Postby wildpurplechild » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:18 pm

PrincessZelda (post: 1356405) wrote:[spoiler] Well... that's true, I suppose... but yeah, it's hard to say, because everyone's life is depressing in that series... XD]

Yes you speak the truth! [spoiler] On Happiest life at the end of the story however my vote is for Kyo, Tohru and there daughter, though this is probably every one's feelings. ;)[/spoiler]
wildpurplechild

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews