Will Black Cat Start Up Again?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Will Black Cat Start Up Again?

Postby Strafe » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:37 pm

This is from Wikipedia:

In the last chapter of Black Cat, Kentaro Yabuki stated that "This is more like the end of part one". and says "If the opportunity present itself, I may begin writing up Black Cat part 2". Whether this will happen or not is still a matter of debate as he is still continuing his work as the illustrator for To Love-Ru.

Black Cat is one of my all time favorite Manga, so I was excited when he said that. Only then, he started doing the art for To-Love-Ru, a very good, though very ecchi manga. And so I read To-Love-Ru, enjoying it, but not as much as Black Cat.

However, this week, To-Love-Ru just Concluded with it's last chapter. (Personally, I thought it was a really stupid way to end such a good series.) Which leaves Yabuki possibly open to continue Black Cat.

My speculation is that he won't because it seems like he will continue to work with Saki Hasemi, since To-Love-Ru became more popular overall than Black Cat. Also, he included several characters from Black Cat as cameo appearances in To-Love-Ru, so he may have meant Black Cat part 2 by that.

However, I hope that he does truly continue Black Cat, since it was a good series in my opinion.

Comments?
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby minakichan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:49 am

Who knows? To-Love-Ru was canceled for low ratings. Jump might not have much confidence in Yabuki-sensei right about now.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Strafe » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:38 am

-_-; sigh... I have to agree with you. But I hope we're both wrong...

Well it's back to the drawing board (literally) for both of them. I wonder what will happen.
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby pikmintaro » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:14 pm

I hope they start another Black Cat series Eve and Train are some of my favorite characters.
And it sounds like the Mangaka wants to do more with it, I hope he does.
If God is your "co-pilot" then you need to switch seats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pikmintaro

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews