Calling All Ouran Fans!!!!!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Calling All Ouran Fans!!!!!

Postby Gelka » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:13 pm

This is a place where you can talk about one of the best manga/anime's out there Ouran High School Host Club!!!!!!!

My Fave. characters are Honey (<333)
Kyo (he's so cooool)
The twins (<333 keh)

So anyone who wants to say anything bout it don't hesitate!!!!:thumb:
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

[color="Pink"]chatbot 01:50 - Wind asks, how does Gelka look Squished???
My answer: O.O[/color]
Gelka

Postby Smile:) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:16 pm

I love Ouran Host Club! ^^ I've only seen part of the anime, tho. I think I might try to get the manga.
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby Gelka » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Ditto. They don't sell much of the manga where I am....=.=U
That Dude (post: 1385194) wrote:When God made Gelka, he decided to mix bubbles, rainbows, sharks, cupcakes, chocolate chips, puppies, kitties, and fun all into one bunch.

Gelka

Postby Smile:) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:22 pm

They don't sell any here... ={
I'd buy online, tho. ^^
[color="Lime"]I[/color] [color="Lime"]You People![/color]
Smile:)

Location: In wonderland having tea with the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare. It's our unbirthdays!

Postby Gelka » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:24 pm

ooooooooh! Lol I've decided my fave couple on there is......

cue drum roll

HaruhixHikaru 4eva!!!!!!

Gelka

Postby Anystazya » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:37 pm

lol I agree, Gelka. ^^ Although, I also like TamaxHaru, because I'm just the type of person who usually prefers the couple that the makers have paired :) Although there have been instances where I've thought differently...But I think I'm sure that HikaxHaru is my favorite from that series :3 ...I've read some interesting fanfics of fanfiction.net for it too :D not anymore though...I don't frequent the place much anymore.
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Gelka » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:50 pm

TamakixHaruhi is a weird couple in my opinion. She seems more like the person that would marry a smart guy......not Tamaki.........

Gelka

Postby blkmage » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:56 pm

I've been hoping in futility that Hikaru would end up with Haruhi. I've mentioned before that I picked up the manga after finishing the anime because one of the later plot developments was about how Kaoru and Hikaru dealt with the fact that they were both in love with Haruhi. I would have liked for either one of them to end up with her, since I've always felt that the relationship between the twins and Haruhi was a bit more meaningful than the rest.

Unfortunately, inevitability is moving to put Tamaki and Haruhi together. Actually, that's one of the things that I wish was different about the development of their relationship. If Hikaru had to get turned down, I wish that he put up more of a fight, if not in winning over Haruhi, then at least sparking some conflict with Tamaki.
blkmage

Postby goldenspines » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:58 pm

This is one series where I love both the anime and manga.

I have no preference on couples. Though, I do have a soft spot for Tamaki and his misunderstood personality; so I tend to root for him.

I also begin to wonder where exactly Bisco Hatori is taking the manga storyline though. It just keeps going. @_@
goldenspines

Postby Gelka » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Just keep swimming just keep swimming.....just keep swimming swimming swimming.....

He he he. I wish they had put more episodes out about Honey. I just love that little guy. ^^ <333333333

Gelka

Postby PrincessZelda » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Host Club is probably my most favorite manga/anime ever XD And it's just about the only series that I've actually liked both the manga and anime, usually I like one better. I do like how the story is continuing on, though, where the anime just kind of suddenly cut off D:

And I actually really like Haruhi and Tamaki together, actually XD I think the reason why I like them as a couple so is because of how different they are, that it makes them work together so well. They're both like, opposite extremes, so I think they balance each other out.

I did think Hikaru and Haruhi would be cute together, too... but it would just be depressing if one of the twins got together with Haruhi, I think... I don't know... It just seems like Haruhi's character likes Tamaki anyways :)

My favorite characters are the twins, though :D
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Anystazya » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:28 am

I think I agree with goldy and PrincessZelda...heehee ^^

During this summer, I am determined to watch Ouran Host Club again!!! When my busyness starts to settle down XP
[color="Plum"]Do not let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Job 40:2 NLT[/color]

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] [color="Purple"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]

[color="DarkOrchid"]~Anystazya~[/color]
Anystazya

Postby Gelka » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:04 am

Lol. I guess y'all are right. Opposites do attract. ^^
Still Hikaru is just so cute with her. ^^

Gelka

Postby wildpurplechild » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:53 am

I like Tamaki with Haruhi, but I've only read 28 chapters of the manga. I plan on watching the anime though.
Hunny is sooo cute! I can't believe how old he is!:wow!:
wildpurplechild

Postby Gelka » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 am

I know!!!<3333333333

I wonder if he's still act cute if he had a growth spurt......

Gelka

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:34 am

I need to pick up the manga from where the anime left off. I want to know what happens! But part of the reason I haven't is because I'm waiting until there's some sort of end in sight. I hate catching up with a manga and then having to wait for new chapters/volumes to come out. >_>

Tamaki was always my personal favorite, but I like Kyouya too. He's hilarious.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby PrincessZelda » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Ugh, I know what you mean D: I hate having to wait like, 6 months just to read another 3 chapters..
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Gelka » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:38 pm

So true. >< I really need to buy some of the books. I just finished the anime.
I hate that it ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gelka

Postby PrincessZelda » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Yeah, that's why the manga is better, is continues on 8D

It gets more serious and a little less funny, though... but it's still good!

PrincessZelda

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:47 pm

BONES did such a surprisingly good job of adapting the first one that I've secretly hoped that ever since FMA2 and DtB2 got leaked, we get another document leak with Ouran 2 in it.
blkmage

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 pm

I've watched the anime, but I've never read the manga. My friend's all caught up to where they are in Japan though. I guess I'll get to the manga sooner or later.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby wildpurplechild » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:39 am

I found a nice place to read it online, but my computer is slow so I'm still behind.
wildpurplechild

Postby Gelka » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:30 am

I'm going to have to start reading it online as well or something.....><

Gelka

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:21 pm

I've watched almost all of the anime, and it's been pretty epic for the first 22 episodes. All of the characters are pretty epic, though Tamaki and the twins are the best.

I really like how the episode with Honey's brother dubbed had all of the FMA stars.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:09 am

Chapter 71:
[spoiler]Huh, I didn't expect to see them graduate so soon. Then again, I guess irregular releases of a monthly serial have thrown my sense of time off. I don't think I can see the plot resolving before they all move on to the next year though.[/spoiler]
blkmage

Postby goldenspines » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:01 am

Chapter 71:
[spoiler] I thought it was more weird that after how many years they finally do graduate. It almost seems like Bisco Hatori is getting tired. XD
I think she has something planned though. Little by little throughout the whole series, all of the members have been "growing up" a bit more even if their grade levels didn't change, until now.
I don't see the plot resolving that quickly either, Blkmage. But since we have recently been seeing more of the "outside world" beyond the 3rd Music Room, I think the transition to continue the story after the Host Club disbans will be fairly easy. [/spoiler]
Though I do wonder how long the manga is going to continue.
goldenspines

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:28 pm

So guys, I'm trying to figure some stuff out about the twins.... They part their hair in different ways.... Is Kaoru or Hikaru the one who parts it to the left? And which one's the older twin and who's the younger? Hikaru is older and Kaoru is younger.... right?
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:44 pm

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1328981) wrote:So guys, I'm trying to figure some stuff out about the twins.... They part their hair in different ways.... Is Kaoru or Hikaru the one who parts it to the left? And which one's the older twin and who's the younger? Hikaru is older and Kaoru is younger.... right?

Yes, Hikaru is 'older'. Hikaru parts his to the left (his part is on the right side of his head in other words [his right, our left looking at him])

[SPOILER] As for the latest chapter, I think that Hatori-sensei is wrapping it up. I mean, take Furuba for instance... when Natsuki-sensei was bringing it down tot he last few volumes, the plot became more prominent and the characters all started 'moving on'. It seems like with actually having Hani and Mori graduate this year that Hatori-sensei is starting to wrap it up.

I am eager to find out how everything unfolds. The past few chapters have been very interesting plot wise, and have me anxious to find out how it ends. Although I am sad to think that its almost done with... I hope it goes on a while longer. [/SPOILER]
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby JapanAni » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:42 am

Gelka (post: 1322812) wrote:TamakixHaruhi is a weird couple in my opinion. She seems more like the person that would marry a smart guy......not Tamaki.........

this is true since Tamaki is very similar to her father which acts the same way Tamaki does. I don't know if she sees him in the same light as Tamaki does.
[SIZE="2"]visit us here at:: http://www.japan-animation.com[/SIZE]
JapanAni

Postby Wyntre Rose » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:40 am

Wow, don't tell me I'm the only KyouyaxHaruhi shipper here...lol. :sweat: My second favorite pairing would actually be MorixHaruhi, though of the "canon" pairings, Tamaki would be my first choice. Funny how Haruhi gets paired with any of the hosts. Except Hunny (Hani, Honey, whatever...). I have yet to hear of a HunnyxHaruhi shipper.:lol:

Of course, I haven't read the manga - I'm driving myself crazy enough with Fullmetal Alchemist, xxxHolic and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles being ongoing series that I have to wait for resolution on...and those at least look to be wrapping up soon, whereas there seems to be no ending in sight for Ouran, as far as I've heard.

I would LOVE to see a second season of it animated, though! Ouran is one of my favorites, and I always want more of a good thing! Especially since they left it so open ended. They just very much need to reunite the original casts if they do, both Japanese and English.
Wyntre Rose

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews