Bleach Speculation (Chapters 300+)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:56 pm

uc pseudonym (post: 1386602) wrote:I cannot wait to find out what his Hollow transformation is. An sword that is even longer than the longer sword? An even bigger sword? A sword that is both bigger and longer? The possibilities are literally endless, you guys. Literally.
Fish and Chips

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1386606) wrote:Image

Win.

Win.

Win.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Ingemar » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:23 pm

It appears that some nerds are discussing the physics of Gin's bankai. Apparently it completely escaped them that Ichigo schooled him in both the way of the warrior and not getting blasted in the face.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Ingemar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:26 pm

What I find fascinating about ch.400 is that they managed to gloss over the fact that Isshin had put up enough of a fight to be a threat to Aizen (not that it matters, because the Hogyouku is about to make him (more) uberpowerful anyway).

And, OK, Gin's bankai isn't as lame as I previously thought.

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:03 pm

It appears that Isshin is quite the beast.

Although I imagine that Aizen would be not at his top. So much hax can make anyone tired.

I am eagerly awaiting Ichigo to release H2 and unleash some pwnage.
Yamamaya

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Well, I spent of most of the last chapter not all following what the action panels were trying to convey.
And Isshin is immune to the hypnotic effects of Aizen's sword because...?
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Ingemar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:04 am

I assume Isshin never saw Kyouka Suigetsu's release.

Ingemar

Postby Ingemar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:53 am

I've mixed feelings about this latest big reveal.

[spoiler]Turns out the Hogyouku is actually a wish-granting device. If Aizen called it a Deus Ex Machina the reveal wouldn't be any cheesier.[/spoiler]

Why mixed feelings? Because on the plus side, it actually makes sense of a lot of the weirder parts of the plot. The negative is that like "Aizen planned it" it seems like a hasty patch job.

This chapter also seems oddly reminiscent of a previous one.

Aizen: This is the big reveal!
A Kurosaki: Whaaaa?
Aizen: Now I'm going to win--
(A character we haven't seen in a long time greets Aizen).

Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:59 am

So do I Ingemar.

While at the same time it does seem rather cool, Urahara creating something meant to make vaizards and accidently creating something omnipotent just seems a little silly, unless Urahara knew that all along.

This brings up another huge set of questions. I just hope Kubo will be able to answer them with some sense of intelligence.
Yamamaya

Postby Ingemar » Thu May 06, 2010 10:08 am

For those not in the know, the latest chapter was released quite early.

I know better than to think that Urahara could so easily have stopped Aizen, given the recent big reveals that haven't been adequately explained. That makes me wonder what the topic of Aizen's latest lecture will be. (My theory: Aizen will brag that he manipulated Urahara into inventing the Hogyoku).

Ingemar

Postby Ingemar » Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 pm

I feel compelled to comment on the past few chapters, even though I don't think anything of particular importance happened.

[spoiler]Aizen's new form looks dumb.

Yoruichi, what are you doing here?

I believe Gin is doomed. Despite his impressive-sounding Bankai, much of his fight with Ichigo has been lighthearted (notice Ichi's "early Bleach comedy" facial expressions throughout) and only now it seems that Ichigo is getting serious, with his Hollow mask on. NOT the fruity steer-horns mask, that is.[/spoiler]

Ingemar

Postby ich1990 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Eh, Aizen still isn't dead aaand he inexplicably left Ichigo alive again.

New rule: every time a new Bleach chapter comes out, I am going to ignore it and read a chapter of One Piece instead.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Ingemar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 pm

OK, let's see--

Kurosaki the Elder, Urahara and Yoruichi all fight Aizen. What's the problem here?

Oh wait, I remember--This shouldn't be boring!

To make it all worse, Fake Karakura was completely pointless and Gin basically tell Ichigo that he's completely useless. He was doing fine a minute ago. What gives?

Apparently Aizen got the Hogyoku so he could give himself a new hairstyle. Whatev....

Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Ingemar (post: 1399385) wrote:OK, let's see--

Kurosaki the Elder, Urahara and Yoruichi all fight Aizen. What's the problem here?

Oh wait, I remember--This shouldn't be boring!

To make it all worse, Fake Karakura was completely pointless and Gin basically tell Ichigo that he's completely useless. He was doing fine a minute ago. What gives?

Apparently Aizen got the Hogyoku so he could give himself a new hairstyle. Whatev....

I feel ya man. It just feels like in the last chapter, Kubo said, "Ah screw it, let's go somewhere else." I just hope the next few chapters do SOMETHING interesting. At this point, they need at least an Ichithing fight to keep it intriguing.

Also there appears to be no explanation as of yet for Isshin being able to use the same zan abilities as Ichigo.
Yamamaya

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1399415) wrote:Also there appears to be no explanation as of yet for Isshin being able to use the same zan abilities as Ichigo.
Sure there is.

Tite Kubo made it up as he went along.
Fish and Chips

Postby Ingemar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm sure there's going to be an explanation soon. What with the Kurosakis training in Bleach's equivalent of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber (which I now realize Kubo may use as an excuse to drag the plot out for several months).

They could go back to the Yammy fight, but who among us are under the illusion that the good guys are in any danger there?

Ingemar

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:08 pm

I'm pulling for Orihime actually being a big threat to Aizen in the end and being the reason he... what do they do at this point? Dissolve? Disperse? Disco dance?

Anyway, she beats him. *rock*
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Ingemar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:57 am

I didn't mention it here, but in this latest chapter, color me unsurprised that Aizen knew that Ichigo would get another powerup. Why else would he destroy that train thingy if presumably he was fast enough to get out of the way?

I have no idea who that mystery guy is at the end of the chapter, but if he is a good guy I expect him to last no longer than one chapter.

Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:32 am

Lololol

[SPOILER]Don shows up. Let him kill Aizen and be done with it. Lololol[/SPOILER]
Yamamaya

Postby Ingemar » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Although it was a nice twist (actually is it a twist if dozens of people were predicting it months ago?)...

[spoiler]I'm not convinced that Aizen is actually harmed by this sudden betrayal. I'm holding out that either he regenerates quickly or that the Kyouka Suigetsu weakness was a lie. [/spoiler]

Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:35 am

Ingemar (post: 1412989) wrote:Although it was a nice twist (actually is it a twist if dozens of people were predicting it months ago?)...

[spoiler]I'm not convinced that Aizen is actually harmed by this sudden betrayal. I'm holding out that either he regenerates quickly or that the Kyouka Suigetsu weakness was a lie. [/spoiler]

It was pretty good.

[SPOILER]Aizen probably isn't dead yet knowing bleach but maybe he'll have to bring out his bankai or something.[/SPOILER]
Yamamaya

Postby Ingemar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:10 pm

OK, who else here was waiting for somebody to finally just cheap shot Aizen while giving one of his grandiose speeches?

I'm sure if FishandChips and UC were still following Bleach, they'd roll their eyes at an Ichigo vs. Aizen showdown. I wouldn't blame them. But at least it's off to an adequate start.

Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Ingemar (post: 1420009) wrote:OK, who else here was waiting for somebody to finally just cheap shot Aizen while giving one of his grandiose speeches?

I'm sure if FishandChips and UC were still following Bleach, they'd roll their eyes at an Ichigo vs. Aizen showdown. I wouldn't blame them. But at least it's off to an adequate start.

Looks like that finally happened in this week's chapter.
Yamamaya

Postby Ingemar » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:38 am

I for one enjoyed Ichigo just dominating Aizen this whole time. Even if it means the past few months worth of chapters have been completely pointless.

Ingemar

Postby Ingemar » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:38 pm

.....Ichigo turned into Alucard?

Not complaining. It's a cool form.

Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Ingemar (post: 1424602) wrote:.....Ichigo turned into Alucard?

Not complaining. It's a cool form.

I agree, tis pretty awesome.

I loved how Ichigo's power and Aizen's power were personified as being 3D and 2D.
Yamamaya

Postby Ingemar » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:41 am

[spoiler]Well played, Urahara. Well played.[/spoiler]

I admit it's kinda hard to imagine Bleach without Aizen. But his defeat (he was defeated, right?) was done in such a way that he could come back.

Ingemar

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews