new manga: concept art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Vampi » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:36 am

Vampi

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:11 am

That link doesn't work for me, presuming that I am not merely unfamiliar with the system.
uc pseudonym

Postby Vampi » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:30 am

Vampi

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:04 am

I can read the notes easily; also, I like your view of Hisharo. But I've been pretty accepting of everything, so perhaps that doesn't mean very much.
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:35 am

That's excellent, I don't much like the idea of the gun, it kind of soils the whole Samurie thing, but other than that, that's a really good design, if you want to continue with that type I'd be interested in seeing more close ups, and if you want to maek something different, g'head.
I've got some work to do today, but I'll be on later, hopefully looking for extra artists to join.

ZiP
ZiP

Postby Vampi » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:52 am

Vampi

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:04 am

Yes, mayhaps his sword should be a bit more technologically advanced. We are several phases beyond our current level of technology.

There was a huge conflict between the era of swords and that of guns. For a samurai to survive into the modern period, he would have had to resolve it. But on an issue such as this I'm not going to quibble.
uc pseudonym

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:20 pm

Schwoo, I have read through this entire thread and looked at all the art, and am still trying to figure out what this manga is about. But, perhaps I just missed something. I gather it's about futuristic space travelers.

Anyways, I hope you guys the best on this endeavor. This is the first time I've seen this was here. Nice.:) I'm glad I finally stumbled upon it.

I wanted to comment on some of the artists' posts. I loved Krescent Moon's concept of Nanny. (KM, I have been to your DA site and I'm loving everything you do.) It was by far my favorite Nanny. I'm loving Vampi's renditions of everything she's done - especially the samurai. She thinks like a true artist, from what I have read of her posts. Always respect your artists;) . Having Krescent Moon and Vampi on your team is a real plus.

Also, is Cin, the one you have contacted Zip, a Christian? I noticed he's a really big Fred Gallagher fan. I won't say much further on this.

Anyways, you all enjoy one another. I think Mave put it the best. We are not full-time mangakas and all that we do is for the Lord. So enjoy the fellowship you share as a team.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:43 am

true_noir_chloe wrote:Schwoo, I have read through this entire thread and looked at all the art, and am still trying to figure out what this manga is about. But, perhaps I just missed something. I gather it's about futuristic space travelers.

The real plot is being made by Lochaber Axe and I. But your last sentence gets it in an extreme nutshell.

true_noir_chloe wrote:Also, is Cin, the one you have contacted Zip, a Christian? I noticed he's a really big Fred Gallagher fan. I won't say much further on this.

I hadn't looked; hm. But this manga isn't Christian, just made by Christians.
uc pseudonym

Postby Vampi » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:06 am

Vampi

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:15 am

I like those sketches, and I think you might have the electric sword idea down pretty well. Also, I would say the first cut looks better.
uc pseudonym

Postby Vampi » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:43 am

Vampi

Postby true_noir_chloe » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:33 am

I just wanted to comment on a couple of things and then I will leave your thread alone. This is, I believe, a thread set aside for your own group to meet and coordinate this manga. Sorry for the intrusion, I'll leave you all alone soon.:)

UC wrote:
I hadn't looked]
Yes, I knew that. I was just asking if Cin, the artist Zip had wanted to work with, was a Christian himself. Also, I love the idea of Christians who make manga - as Shoo said - rather than, Christian manga per se. And, I think you can do both. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I love the idea of ambiguous manga.

Vampi wrote:
Edit: I've just noticed T_N_C's post. To single me out (I don't mind if you single out KM) is a little too much, for me at least. I don't deserve the honor of your complelements. You know who the glory goes to.

And why can I only single out KM and not you? You've done very well and should accept praise of your work graciously with a thank you. ;) And yes, the honor always rests with the Lord. But, allow us humans to compliment one another. I believe even Christ complimented His disciples when they did something well (looking for a Proverb :stressed: ). Sorry, however, if I made you uncomfortable by complimenting. I'll try to hold myself back next time. ;) By the way, that was a nice volt you made on that sword.:lol: I think you're just going to have to start doing bad work to get out of compliments.:)

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

So sorry for 'abandoning' this thread...

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:29 pm

I've been preoccupied with other things...so yeah.

uc pseudonym wrote:The clothing in the first struck me as fine, and I really liked the second.

Thank you UC, but who are you referring to? I've only submitted two drawings in this entire thread...those being Andy and Nanny. (I realize I drew Andy really, really skinny, and I apologize for that. *baps herself* He's too scrawny, and I dislike scrawny guys with his kind of background....it's just misplaced. Xp)

Anywho, now that I've caught up with the thread, I've been wanting to sketch some Nikki goodness....I picture her as a "born to be wild" type of girl. Though, I won't draw just yet since I'm not sure ZiP wants Nikki to go along those lines....

Vampi: I like your Hisharo sketches! The first one where he's trying to medidate, but the crew is playing especially! That's exactly how I thought of him~ and I like the smaller cut for his pants....the larger cut is cool too, but it'll just be weird if his leg sticks out of his pants when he bends....

true_noir_chloe wrote:I wanted to comment on some of the artists' posts. I loved Krescent Moon's concept of Nanny. (KM, I have been to your DA site and I'm loving everything you do.) It was by far my favorite Nanny. I'm loving Vampi's renditions of everything she's done - especially the samurai. She thinks like a true artist, from what I have read of her posts. Always respect your artists . Having Krescent Moon and Vampi on your team is a real plus.

Thank you Chloe! You're so sweet. I see that Mave gave you the link to my DA account :sweat:....she told me on AIM :P but anywho, I like Vampi's Hisharo (the samurai) too! I lovelovelovelovelove it! And knowing her IRL she has a lot of talent! Not to mention a lot of ideas....man, good times on the schoolbus huh, V? :lol: Eh, err, I'll stop leeching on your comments and get back to the point of my post....but yeah, thank you! *huggles* ((btw ZiP, speaking of Nanny...I didn't see you say anything about it....^^]of[/I] my Nanny sketches later today.

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:02 pm

KrescentMoon wrote:Thank you UC, but who are you referring to?

You; as I had just quoted your post. Because you have posted two pictures, my use of "first" was meant to relate to your first (Andre, I believe) and "second" to your second (Nanny).
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:59 pm

I forgot to mention this, I edited the height, I'm real bad with that stuff, let me know if there's anything else i missed :sweat:

EDIT: UC can you please sticky this, it keeps going up and down the list
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby ZiP » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:30 pm

Hey, FYI I found four excellent artists, and I'm waiting for a reply from any of them to see if they're interested in joining the team.

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Vampi » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:08 am

Vampi

Postby ZiP » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:22 pm

that's good, couple of things though,

1, that glove thing and his arm is cool, but could you make from wrist to where
it was, the whole arm length, makes it seem femalish.

2, he seems slightly adolecant (can't spell it) looking, try adding five o'clock shadow,

3, relating to number 2, something else about his face doesn't seem old enough,
maybe it's his eyes, or the shape of his face.

also, here's an idea for his gun, it should look something like a colt 45 pic below

hope that helped,
ZiP

ZiP

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:08 pm

ZiP wrote:EDIT: UC can you please sticky this, it keeps going up and down the list

Sorry. This isn't the only project being worked on at CAA, and it isn't critical enough to be stickied in its current forum.

ZiP wrote:Hey, FYI I found four excellent artists, and I'm waiting for a reply from any of them to see if they're interested in joining the team.

If they want to know about the plot, they can talk to Lochaber Axe or I. I, for one, volunteer, though I do not wish to volunteer Lochaber without his permission.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:16 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:
If they want to know about the plot, they can talk to Lochaber Axe or I. I, for one, volunteer, though I do not wish to volunteer Lochaber without his permission.

Yes, it would be advisable you didn't.
Lochaber Axe

Postby ZiP » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:42 pm

I talked to one of the artists, she seemed interested, hopefully interested enough to join.

ZiP

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:44 pm

Do these artists have websites? I would like to see their work myself.

EDIT: Oh and on a good note, me and UC have started the first story arc and our first villian. I would advise you read up on Beowulf since it will have many elements from the epic. I call it the Grendel Arc.
Lochaber Axe

Postby ZiP » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:50 pm

Oh, that reminds me, I need to talk with you and Uc regarding the beginning of the story, do you two ahve AIM?

ZiP

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:52 pm

ZiP wrote:Oh, that reminds me, I need to talk with you and Uc regarding the beginning of the story, do you two ahve AIM?

We having been using MSN. You can pm both of us if you want.

And I would like those links also. I am going to be persistent on this accord.
Lochaber Axe

Postby ZiP » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:53 pm

Alright, sending PM now.

ZiP

Postby Vampi » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:46 am

Vampi

Postby Lochaber Axe » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:12 pm

Vampi wrote:...That makes me feel as if you really judge our art and perhaps you aren't happy with my work. I don't mean anything bad (even if I'm correct in my assumtion), it's just what I got out of that comment.

I am in no way judgemental to any of our artists. In truth, I don't give a hoot if the manga comes out in stick figures! I am here to write a script for you to use, not to critique something that I have no expertise in!

I am sorry if it is too blunt, but I don't want any misunderstanding. I am a writer, not an artist, any questions on the art is for the purpose of my scripts.
Lochaber Axe

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:13 pm

I don't think Chip necessarily looks dorky. Some of the things added I felt were very much improvements. A serious view of Chip with the same equipment I would like very much. Of course, I'm just a writer, and it basically doesn't matter to me (though I care more than Lochaber Axe).
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:25 pm

...That makes me feel as if you really judge our art and perhaps you aren't happy with my work. I don't mean anything bad (even if I'm correct in my assumtion), it's just what I got out of that comment.

I don't think that at all, it's just that if you'll notice, you're the only person posting pictures, Hitokiri is tied up wiht his own manga, chapel seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, and Krescent moon... dunno what's up wiht her, but the point is that we needs a bunch more artists.

ZiP

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner