[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
new manga: concept art - Page 2 - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

new manga: concept art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby KrescentMoon » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:23 pm

BTW! about the aliens, would it be alright to include a hybrid species? (exactly, where are these aliens supposed to fit in? like space pirates or something? *imagines Drej of Titan A.E.* .............nvm........err, and, nanny, don't you think she's a bit tall?? 6.1......that's taller than her creator! and Jill's 32!

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:04 pm

Chapel, I do agree with you that your James should be used. I can try to draw a high-tech samurai :lol:
Hitokiri

Postby ZiP » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:11 pm

NOTE; the cyborg Nanny looks like she's an adult, at about 23 instead of 37 or whatever.

Jame sneeds to look waaaaay more aggressive if we're going to use him btw
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Vampi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:46 am

Vampi

Postby ZiP » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:30 pm

Nikki is stlyish as in.. i guess.. casual.

and a tatoo under the eye might be better placed if it were on the cyborg dont you think?

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Chapel » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:59 am

I like the face for his Nikki, THe guy with the hair over one eye looks cool too. But a geek that looks good, thats like the beautiful girl with pigtails and glasses. I think the ggek should be scruffy maybe alittle overweight, not obesse. Oh and has a huge addiction to 2000 anime and art. Make him a fan boy. Oh yeah. Good looking guys are the ones we are spoced to hate LOL

Chapel
Chapel

Postby ZiP » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:03 pm

lol
actually i tihnk that the geeky kid should be the bishie,
it seems more hilarious to have a bishie looking charcter that lacks the quality.

ZiP

Postby Little T-chan » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:37 pm

Oh my goodness gracious!! This is soooooooo coolio doolio!!! ^_^ I love the art! And it's so fantastical that you guys are all working together on this!! Yay for teamwork!! ^___________^ Ooh! And I like the idea of a geeky bishie too!
[SIZE="6"][color="Pink"]♥ [font="Impact"]t-chan[/font]![/color][/SIZE]

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="Pink"]Everyday, it's You i live for!
Everyday, i'll follow after You!
Everyday, i'll walk with You, my Lord![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Little T-chan

Postby Vampi » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:41 am

Vampi

So no one will look like a geek

Postby Chapel » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:17 am

Commonmanga rules say you have to have at least one fan boy for the otaku to relate to. LOL

chapel
Chapel

Postby Vampi » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:20 am

Vampi

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:11 am

On the other hand, we have no reason to break rules purely for the sake of breaking rules. This is not to say that I believe the otaku rule needs to remain in place.
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Tue May 04, 2004 7:12 pm

ZiP

Postby KrescentMoon » Tue May 04, 2004 7:51 pm

ok.......so does this mean that my concept art for the chosen characters will not be accepted any longer? i honestly haven't had the time (or money.....i don't really live in this town i'm staying in, so i'm living off of what was left to me), to scan them. and are opinions still open, or have i said too much already?

KrescentMoon

Postby Lochaber Axe » Tue May 04, 2004 8:21 pm

Never allow anyone to silence your opinion. If one person does then everyone will. Learn were to express it of course, moderation is a virtue, but still express it.

The Lord will not change the Universe for you, but he will surely listen.
Lochaber Axe

Postby KrescentMoon » Tue May 04, 2004 8:32 pm

hehe, thanx Loch...it's just that i think lots of ppl will take it negatively.........well anyway, here goes...

I believe those sketches are either too cliché, or don't fit the character's description well. What I understand from ZiP's characters' profiles don't particularly synchronize, in my opinion, those sketches. All of them, except for Nikki Lyric (i think that design is alright), don't accomplish what i would want if i were the creator; but i'm not, so i won't continue 'ranting' anymore.

To those who read this post: Thank you. I hope you don't bash me for expressing my thoughts. *goes back to her studies*

KrescentMoon

Postby ZiP » Tue May 04, 2004 8:40 pm

im not saying that those are the last say, but im saying that that is a rough (and by that i mean they could use a lot of work which can only be accomplished by YOUR and everyoneleses opinion) sketch. So post art however you want. just bear that in mind.

ZiP

Postby Hitokiri » Thu May 06, 2004 2:25 pm

very soon I will be posting up pictures I drew by Friday. I might also stop by a friends house tommorow and put some more pictures up I drew of the main character and also the samurai dude :)
Hitokiri

Postby ZiP » Thu May 06, 2004 3:29 pm

lookin forward to it!

ZiP

Postby Hitokiri » Thu May 06, 2004 5:35 pm

I just inked Hisharo Himato. How I drew him in which I post later was he had short white hair (i didnt see he was supposed to have long black hair until I started working on him. Though black hair is usually characterized by the samurai so I thought it owuld be fun to twist it up an dbe th eopposite).

He wears yellow sunglasses and has a expression of not bored but blank. He just looks blank.

He's average ehigth and wears a space body suit and then the traditional Japanese pants (whata re they called...something with an H). He then carries a Masume (a very large 6 foot long Katana).

I also drew Andy Sutherland and Im still sticking to the scars cause they look cool. He has shaggy hair and normal clothes. Normal as in a button down white t-shirt with a undershirt. Sleeves rolled up and then black pants and black shoes.

He also has a sleek goatee. He has a bored, tired expression (bag sunder his eyes). He also has a necklace.

Ill post the two up sometime in the future.
Hitokiri

Postby ZiP » Fri May 07, 2004 1:00 pm

ZiP wrote:lookin forward to it!

^

ZiP

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri May 07, 2004 1:52 pm

Hitokiri wrote:Ill post the two up sometime in the future.

ooo......this'll be interesting. can't wait to see himato. (btw, is his first name hisharo or himato? just checking....i noticed you didn't place a comma in his profile...)

KrescentMoon

Postby Hitokiri » Fri May 07, 2004 2:25 pm

I'll post them up by Monday at school when I scan them in. I was busy scanning some pictures for my project and that took a while. The computers there just stink.

Very slow it takes a while to do anything.
Hitokiri

Postby ZiP » Sat May 08, 2004 7:22 am

Hisharo is first name.

ZiP

well i'm ready to go

Postby Chapel » Mon May 10, 2004 12:08 am

Do we have a background and mech, landscape, and senary designer/artist? I was just wondering or this will be alot of just face shots.

Chapel
Chapel

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 10, 2004 5:04 am

That is a valid question, and one that I am uncertain as to the answer of. Pray enlighten us, ZiP. However, I would imagine that many of the artists can also do background art, in addition to characters.
uc pseudonym

Postby KrescentMoon » Mon May 10, 2004 8:34 am

indeed, uc. or did someone expect the other artists' ability are limited to only characters?

KrescentMoon

Postby Hitokiri » Wed May 12, 2004 9:51 am

I am currently working on weaponry and mechas/space ships at this time. Well...heres my pic of Hisharo and the huge guy...i thougth id throw my two cents in.

Also ZiP asked me to do some apace pirates and I drew this one...(the guy with a claw). I kinda saw him as a strong bad guy who they have to face...like an assassin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hitokiri

Postby ZiP » Wed May 12, 2004 1:19 pm

I'm guessing the dude in the mid is the samuri, that one's good, and the space pirate with teh claw is bomb! is the first guy a space pirate?

ZiP

Postby Hitokiri » Wed May 12, 2004 1:27 pm

ZiP wrote:I'm guessing the dude in the mid is the samuri, that one's good, and the space pirate with teh claw is bomb! is the first guy a space pirate?

The big guy in army pants is my interpretation of that big guy...ummm...yeah the big stubborn one thats intimidating (forgot his name).

The samurai looking guy is well...the samurai and the guy with the claw could be used as a bad guy. I really like him so I may draw more pictures of him.
Hitokiri

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner