new manga: concept art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby KrescentMoon » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:00 pm

it's going slowly due to the fact that quite a few of your artists don't have easy to a scanner......¬¬

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Mave » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:57 pm

ZiP wrote:You know, I think this mgiht be a bad time for a Manga, hm... I don't know... This is going awfully slowly...

Don't sweat over it, Zip (and others who are involved in this).

I'm pretty sure most of you are not full time artists (school/work and other priorities?) and you guys are working with each other over the Net. Take the time to work on it, have fun and get to know each other. :thumb: By God's grace, all things work out.
Mave

Postby ZiP » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:11 am

Yeah, your right mave, Ive got an idea. hang on, ill get it all worked out, everyone sit tight...
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Heart of Sword » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:17 am

I can help with animals/monsters/plants/landscapes, since I can draw good ones really fast. Humans usually take a little while though, and I have a couple of projects already going. I'd prefer to help with nonhuman things.
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

...Nikki?

Postby Vampi » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:47 am

Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:25 am

w00t! e-mi-LY! XD i like~<3

KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:30 am

Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:35 am

mwahahaha, big brush on photoshop! XD *kinda hyper-had caffeine* he reminds me of someone.....i think folken (escaflowne) yeah...folken in the manga....

KrescentMoon

Postby ZiP » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:50 pm

alright, roll check, all artists, Report in please...

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:53 pm

I'm no artist, but as a writer I figure you probably want me to make my presence known...
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:14 pm

Not really, but thanks anyways, I may as well spill the beans;

Im going to assign each artist an individual character, but dont everybody start making prefrences, jsut because you are particular to one type of character, doesnt mean your the best at drawing them, im expirimenting right now, i want to see who weve got (Yes i have forgotten all :P:P).

ZiP

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:38 pm

ZiP wrote:alright, roll check, all artists, Report in please...

yes sir, present sir!!!
Hitokiri

Postby ZiP » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:47 am

If you see this characters name by yours, this is what you will be working on right now.

Hitokiri - Hisharo Himato

Krescent moon - Nanny

Chapel - Ray Chico

Vampi - Emily Vassey

If your a colorer I'll have your project up soon. if your not on the list but your an artist PM me please or post here.

ZiP

ZiP

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:35 am

ZiP wrote:If you see this characters name by yours, this is what you will be working on right now.

Hitokiri - Hisharo Himato

Krescent moon - Nanny

Chapel - Ray Chico

Vampi - Emily Vassey

If your a colorer I'll have your project up soon. if your not on the list but your an artist PM me please or post here.

ZiP

ZiP, I will be buying a scanner fairly soon with money I got from graduation (Ill need it for my major in college) so I can scan stuff now :)

Hisharo Himato is the samurai guy right?
Hitokiri

Postby Chapel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:59 am

Yo, i can color as well check my art corner area, for computer colored images i've done, their not perfect but gall dang it i just started this color on the computer thing. LOL

Chico eh ok.

Chapel
Chapel

Postby Vampi » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:13 am

Vampi

Postby ZiP » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:43 am

Te reason I paired you off wiht Emily is because of your latest one, thats pretty good I think. Sort of manly but definatly a woman.

ZiP

Postby KrescentMoon » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:41 pm

.....if i saw my assignment earlier, i would've scanned in my nanny sketches along with the following doodles.....but oh well, i can always go sometime next week.....

ANYWAY, i drew these a long time ago. I was trying out those completely black eyes and it turned into andy sutherland (which i obviously finished off on the comp....) and the second one is nanny - my idea if she were going to have ponytails. Although.....i have a more natural hairstyle for her in mind ^^;;

P.S. i realized that andy's eye color is blue, not black.....blah, don't think of it as a sketch purposely designed for him.

EDIT: why hasn't anyone said anything (besides vampi) about the sketches~? ..........goodness, i've become a forum thread killer lately ;;>>

KrescentMoon

Important Announcement

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:14 pm

Important Annoucement:

As some of you know, ZiP has left this forum but fortuantely, this manga will keep on going. ZiPhas passed the torch to Chapel and I. We will be currently leading the manga.

Things will stay the same and nothing will change to the manga and its developement. Hopefully we can get this manga up and running soon :)
Hitokiri

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:52 pm

Ah, my thanks for the information. I was wondering how this project would fare in ZiP's absence.
uc pseudonym

Postby Chapel » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:55 am

Um yeah, well I cuncur. I do wish someone would send me what photos we will be useing and the over all story and where it should be going from here. Or if zip as all these... someone make me as informed as one of the leading guys should be.

What what i know, we need character artists, background artists, mecha artists, writers, ploters, and pre panel scketch artist. So someone tell me how all that fars as well. I am on as one of the character artists.

Chapel
Chapel

Postby Vampi » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:10 am

Vampi

Postby Chapel » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:59 am

Personally I'd like to hear everyones opinions on what we have so far and if the ends are what we all invision. This won't work if we got eight people running in different directions. I would like to know if every one likes the character designs the story and the names of the characters.

Chapel
Chapel

Postby Vampi » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:28 am

The character designs....well....I think I'll just draw them all, even though Zip has given some "guidlines". I have no clue how the thing will end because Zip hadn't given me enough information to give a guess. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THEY KNOW THE GENERAL ENDING ZIP HAD IN MIND!!! I think we can play around with the names a little more....and the "samurai"....I was imagining a different type of samurai.......gah.....I'm frustrated that Zip left.........I feel left hanging here and unsure of the future of this thing.
We need a desgin of the ship too. I was envisioning a ship like the archangel (I think it was called the archangel) from Gundam SEED.

I'll treat this like it's all over from the beginning again. That's the best way for me to handle a leadership change.

ah....nvm....I think I'll still be working off of what we have....
Vampi

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:08 am

This will make writing very... interesting, to put it positively. When you have things more developed, I will do my best to put everything together with Lochaber Axe.
uc pseudonym

Postby Chapel » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:28 pm

uc pseudonym This will make writing very... interesting, to put it positively. When you have things more developed, I will do my best to put everything together with Lochaber Axe.

Hey UC I love the way you write. I don't think anyone knows the ending to this, I would ask you two to put your heads together and give us at least a place to go Zip never even gave me the how or what of this story so I say we take what little we have and let the writers have a go with it. I'm not dropping responsibilities, however the witers would be best to tell us where they would like this to go. Let the artists conceptualize and the writers show us where to put our characters.

Chapel
Chapel

Postby Vampi » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:21 am

Vampi

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:21 am

I agree that plot before characters is easier, but not all manga-ka work in such a manner. Shaman King, for example, had characters before plot.

Personally, I'd be in favor of beginning with a stereotypical plot device (crew of misfits sent to a remote corner of the galaxy to get them out of the way, though you know they'll get involved) and then abruptly ripping the plot device apart.
uc pseudonym

Postby Chapel » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:06 am

uc pseudonym wrote:I agree that plot before characters is easier, but not all manga-ka work in such a manner. Shaman King, for example, had characters before plot.

Personally, I'd be in favor of beginning with a stereotypical plot device (crew of misfits sent to a remote corner of the galaxy to get them out of the way, though you know they'll get involved) and then abruptly ripping the plot device apart.

This I really agree with, a simple plot device of misfits is perfect to get the ball rolling just through the audience in the mix. We can do flash back scenes to explain their origins.

Chapel
Chapel

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:13 am

Just hope that as the ball rolls along, it doesn't cause an avalanche. They can cart away obstructions from the mountain, but they can also cart away people too.

Whenever you want to start UC, just PM me about it.
Lochaber Axe

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner