new manga: concept art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby KrescentMoon » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:19 am

Some quick type of bird....like a swallow of some sort, perhaps? But it'll have to be quite spacious, right? Seeing as it is a cargo and passenger ship.
Hmm....I keep on thinking of this one Star Trek movie set for the game room...that movie played too much.

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby ZiP » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:15 pm

It shouldn't be to large, it's an "illegal transport cargo" ship, so it won't be a frater.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby KrescentMoon » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:08 am

Noooo, of course not. Not THAT big. It would be too insanely huge to draw XD...

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby ZiP » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:27 pm

unless you made it a big box, like my van.

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:47 am

This hasn't really been confirmed, but here is a rough floor plan of what I intended for the Clarity. That doesn't mean much about the outside of the ship (I don't even know how the bridge connects to the primary ship), but it might be helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:12 pm

OK, let's say the bridge connects to the upper floor, through a neck craning either straight forward, or up.
hows that sound?

ZiP

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:36 am

The bridge does connect to the upper floor, yes. A neck sounds fine; that can change depending upon the artist's view.

Overall, I'm thinking the ship will be fairly small and just vaguely blocky, though probably with wings capable of flying in atmosphere
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:25 pm

Sounds good to me,sorry for my lack of positng in this thread,
I've gotten lazy.
I'll start looking for some artists on the CAA I think.

ZiP

Postby ZiP » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:20 pm

Post! Post dang you people POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT!
Um... please?

ZiP

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:20 pm

Perhaps it would help if you were specific as to what exactly you still want to be done, and recap what has already been decided?

For my part, I've been doing a lot of fiddling with the greater plot. Lochaber Axe and I really need to talk. I have the first 19 pages of the first issue complete, with 7 more original pages to go. However, I intend to add two other scenes to the first issue (partially to foreshadow and show we have things past the Grendal Arc in mind, partially to make the first issue larger).
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:12 pm

Okie here's the deal,
I"m still on the hunt for artists (actually i havent done much searching for a while),
I'll post as soon as i tlak with our current artists, and get some more in, i need to get up to spec on where we are,
thanks for your update btw UC.

ZiP

ZiP

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:22 pm

If I may have everyone's attention.

Pardon me, but for the moment I am going to take over this thread. I have completed the script for the first issue (though I would appreciate time to properly edit it). It will be thirty six pages total, though possibly more, because if I erred in any respect it was attempting to place too much action on each page.

It strikes me that our project will be taken much more seriously (by CAA and other artists), as well as have more clarity (pun ever so intended) if we have the first issue completed. Therefore, I am temporarily asking that all artists involved refocus on what is necessary to complete the first issue. After that, we can finish working with the rest of the character designs, as there is no need to begin on the second issue and beyond for some time.

Here is what must be at least addressed prior to issue #1 (basically everything to at least some degree):

Hisharo Character Design (it will probably be exotic, so we should have it set up)
Jill Thomas Character Design (can vary later)
Nanny Character Design (can vary later)
Bill Randy Character Design (can vary later)
Sutherland Character Design (should be basically set)
James Granger Character Design (he appears rarely)
Emily Vassey Character Design (she appears rarely)

Chip Colburn Character Design (only one panel)
Ray Chico Character Design (only one panel)
Nikki Lyric Character Design (should be basically complete)
Clarity Design (just a wee bit important)
Three Extremely Vague Villain Designs (gotta love dimly lit scenes)
Aliens (they should look moderately human. They should have grey skin, which should look unearthly, not African-American)

That is a fair amount, but I think it is basically doable without an excessive amount of labor, provided that we can determine acceptable character designs. Now, however, let me address another issue, one of general plotting.

Our first issue is good, in that it sets up the basic plot but yet leaves the reader wanting more. However, it leaves many loose ends and introduces many characters. As the manga progresses, we need to give readers some time to catch up and actual satisfy some of the many curiosities they will have after the first issue. At the moment it is good, but it could devolve into only confusion.
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:59 pm

Alrighty, looks good,
I'm searching for a mech artist now.

BTW I urge anyone who knows a good artist who could help, to please let me or them know.

(PS: I'm thinking about trying to find colorers one or two pictures of the manga, so same there.)

ZiP

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:22 am

By the by, the first issue will not require a mech artist, unless the Clarity counts in that category. Most of the artwork is the characters, a city and a chase scene.

In a moment I will be going back and modifying my former post. That which we have already done will no longer be bold (to be completed should be). Also, I would urge that you look over this thread, ZiP, there is a lot of art here that could be sufficient and save us a lot of time.
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:44 pm

ZiP

Postby ZiP » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:28 pm

http://www.christiananime.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=11713

http://www.christiananime.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=11714

http://www.christiananime.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=11715

http://www.christiananime.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=11716

God bless you Krescent I just saw these and every-single-one of them is EXACTLY what we need, not a pixel off, I'm adding all these up to the front page.

Some of them could use some extra poses, but if we really need to we cna get to that later.

ZiP

Postby Vampi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:35 am

I'm sorry, but after much thought, I've finally decided to drop this project. I've found I can't work with it. The amount of frustration that accompanies this project takes away too much from my time.

I hope that you may get another, better artist to replace me. I hold no grudges against any one of you. It was, to a certain degree, fun. (Don't worry, I won't steal any of these ideas.)
Vampi

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:00 am

At the moment I will be brief, as I do not believe words will accomplish a great deal.

I am sorry to hear of this development, but I will not comment upon it. Save to say this: perhaps this should be a moment for all of us to reconsider where this project is going, how we are going about it and what we intend to accomplish. Predictably this will cause a momentary stalling of work... but stalling doesn't have to be bad.
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:20 pm

I agree with UC, I'm going to take a little time to think about this.

ZiP

Postby ZiP » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:00 pm

Alright guys,
I'm going to see what you think about where we're going and if we can do this, and if we should do it.

Let me know,
ZiP

ZiP

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:10 pm

Strictly in terms of righting and probability, I can continue to write and rough storyboard as needed. There are significantly more plans in place. Artists are free to PM me regarding questions; I am willing to tell anything necessary, but spelling every little aspect out at this point would not be productive.
uc pseudonym

Postby ZiP » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:39 pm

It's hard but I've come to a decision.
I can't continue on with this project because:

1- I question how well I have actually lead this team.

2- I'm having a lot of trouble keeping people on the team. we started this project with 10 members, there are not but 4 now...

Much thanks to those of you who stayed on the team, and I hate to end this project before even one issue was released, but I do not think at this point, I can lead this project.
ZiP

Postby Mave » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:41 am

I miss CAA for one week and so many things happen (-_-)\.

This is quite disappointing to hear. I do want to state this. IMO, the number of members on the team does not decide how successful the project goes, so you need not be distressed when the number drops.

Have you appointed someone to take over after this? Anyone from the team? (I'm not sure who's in) It's a shame considering that you already have some concept art and script written out already.
Mave

Postby ZiP » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:54 am

When the number drops to 1 artist, and 2 writers, and I can't find anybody to join, there's plenty of reason to "distress".

If anybody else wants to take over the project, far be it from me to stop them,
We have UC, Lochaber Axe, and Krescent moon, if any of them want to take over, they can...

ZiP

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:17 am

Well, I will at least ask this of the assorted artists: would you wish to continue this project?

If so, I could manage this project, though I am not sure what else I would really do, other than some art related things. I've never really had images of the characters in mind, so I would merely pick my favorites that have already been posted in this thread. Considering that the first issue is written, we could probably start working on it once the design of the Clarity is complete (any artist is free to use their imagination regarding that, I don't care, greatly). However, I won't expend the effort if others are not interested.
uc pseudonym

Previous

Return to Art Corner