Inkhana's Runaway Imagination (and there's pics, too!)

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Spiritsword » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:59 pm

ink, if by "they all look alike" you mean "they all look incredible" then yes, I for one would have to agree. ;)

Seriously though, you have some real talent. I usually don't visit the art pages because it usually leads to my realizing how insufficient my own art skills are. But I'm glad I took the time to look at yours. Great stuff!

Spiritsword
Spiritsword

Postby inkhana » Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:14 pm

*blush* Thank you!

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Such Amazing Talent Here!!!

Postby cocolove » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:18 pm

You guys are totally amazing! Such great skill! I'm a newbie...so how do you do all that? I have no idea what tools you use! Whatever they are, I'm stunned.
Preparation is rarely easy and never beautiful!
- Dr. Maya Angelou

cocolove

Postby inkhana » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:33 pm

I use Photoshop (5.0 LE usually, because it runs better on my system and I don't typically need advanced features, but sometimes 7) and a Wacom drawing tablet. Oh, and a scanner, too, because I scan artwork out of my drawing pad into the computer and import it to PS.

Thanks for the comments...:)

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Kirika » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:19 pm

That may sound stupid but... what's a tablet? I've heard it several times now...
Kirika

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:33 pm

I've never used a tablet, but I have seen them in action. A tablet is basically like a mouse pad with pressure points that you can "write" on with a special pen-like instrument called a stylus. When you "write" on the tablet with the stylus, it shows on the computer screen what you've "drawn".

Maybe someone else can explain that better; even I'm confused now... ^_^;
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby inkhana » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:48 pm

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3100750

A pic is worth a thousand words...;) Hope this helps. I'm not saying necessarily buy it from here, but that's a model similar to the one I use.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Kirika » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:03 pm

Arghhh!!! I Want One!!!!
Kirika

Postby EireWolf » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:15 pm

Inkhana, do you use a 4"x5" Wacom Tablet or a bigger one? I've been looking into getting one... Does it feel like drawing on paper or is it much different? Is it difficult to get details with a small tablet? Thanks; I have so many questions! :sweat:
EireWolf

Postby inkhana » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:22 pm

Yes, I use the Graphire 2 4x5. It's a bit like drawing on paper; the main differences are in the software you use. As far as details are concerned, it's not at all hard to get them if you use your photo program to zoom in (it's much easier on you that way). I think the Graphire has 512 or so levels of sensitivity (not a lot, actually, but you wouldn't know it to just draw with it...not that I've used an Intuous or anything. You should ask Psycho Ann about that; she has one). A neat thing to do is get an oval brush and paint like calligraphy...:) But anyway, it's definitely worth it. I have loved having mine (obviously...:P). One more thing...it was a little bit disorienting for me at first because a tablet doesn't behave like a mouse (with a mouse, you pick it up, set it down somewhere else, the pointer doesn't move much. Pick up a tablet pen, put it in a diff spot, and the pointer suddenly ends up in a different corner of the screen) It's not at all difficult to learn, just different. And a lot easier on your hands, he he...

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby kriz182 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:54 am

your char are cute! like 'em so much!
We talk about hate more than we talk about love...
How can the world be a better place?
kriz182

Snow

Postby inkhana » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:31 am

Time for a new pic. I finished this one up yesterday because frankly I was too depressed to do anything else. Anyway, this is Cecil from FF2/4j. I didn't do a tremendously good job on the underlying drawing but the mood seems to be right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Kirika » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:37 am

:thumb: :wow!: :wow!: :wow!: :wow!: :thumb:
can't find the words, but you get the message :thumb:
Kirika

Postby Straylight » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:44 am

As usual, really really good.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Straylight » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:46 am

inkhana wrote:[color=darkgreen]Yes, I use the Graphire 2 4x5. It's a bit like drawing on paper]

I have a graphire tablet as well. It's one of the small ones. Do you sketch using a pencil first and go over the lines or just draw straight into the computer?
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby shooraijin » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:12 am

I've also got a Graphire (and I think Gypsy does as well), and I originally scanned and retraced, but I'm getting better at drawing directly. Once you get the pen well-calibrated to your drawing style (in the Mac version, there's a control panel application you open up), it's pretty easy. I've learned to let the pen hover just an itsy bit above the pad surface so that I know where I'm about to draw, and that has helped with the positioning (just near enough so that the pad's inductance field can activate the pen, but without putting any pressure on the pad).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby inkhana » Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:28 am

djnoz wrote:I have a graphire tablet as well. It's one of the small ones. Do you sketch using a pencil first and go over the lines or just draw straight into the computer?

Yeah, I almost always use a pencil sketch under my coloring work. In fact, if you look at the last pic, I put my color layers in multiply mode so you can probably see the pencil strokes beneath (although the jpeg may have blurred them away). The only difference is that in cel-style, I remove the background layer (the pencils) so you will never see that in one of my modern cel coloring jobs. The cel-style is clean, but to me, my pencils are more expressive...cuz they're messy, I suppose.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Ashley » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:00 pm

So when're you gonna post more stuff, huh huh huh?
(Sorry, am I being too much like Calbh? ;))
Ashley

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:35 pm

Whoa, I missed that pic of Cecil when you posted it. Excellent work as usual!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:39 pm

WOW! I was just looking at your work. Amazing! My fav is Samus. Incredible!
Link Antilles

Here we go again!

Postby inkhana » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:57 pm

Here's some stuff I did while I was away. This is probably the best chibi I've ever done...O.o BTW, it's my manga character Iriel, for those of you who don't know. The other pic is of course Vash and then Iriel again. I should know better than to draw them on the same page...LOL The perspective thing is kinda blech but oh well. And the Vash portrait was drawn from the manga, so it looks a little different to the anime.

EDIT: BTW, my scanner is messing up my pics, hence the dark areas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby cocolove » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:05 pm

That's just incredible!
Preparation is rarely easy and never beautiful!
- Dr. Maya Angelou

cocolove

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:14 pm

Nice work as usual Ink ^_^ I love that chibi :D
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Razgriz » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:24 pm

wow, awesome!
Razgriz

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:27 pm

Great job! Love the chibi drawing, and the Vash drawing down right amazing!
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby inkhana » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:38 pm

More o my stuff...^^

EDIT: A smart person would tell you what all this stuff is... :?: Me...

#1: A minotaur fellow from an old story of mine.

#2: Iriel, in a new outfit, with a new attitude. I wouldn't assume much from the pic as far as where Steelblood is going, since I have no idea where SB is going myself...:P

#3: A pic of a girl from a story I'm working on...but don't tell Calbh...*shhhh*

#4: A pic of Calbhach's character Marinua; I tried something new with the way I painted her hair.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:49 pm

Rock on. ^_^
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:47 am

ShiroiHikari wrote:Rock on. ^_^

ditto!

Excellent stuff as usual, Ink! :)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:34 pm

Aye! :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Shinja » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:45 pm

wow thats really good, i like the iriel jump one the best
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner