Jedisonic's Java Games

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Jedisonic's Java Games

Postby JediSonic » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:34 am

Hey, everybody, how ya doin!

Well as time goes on, the focus of starsheep development becomes less and less centered on programming and more and more on creative aspects such as character art, 3D modeling, level design and scripts.

That said, I've decided to devote some free time to programming quick & easy games in the form of Java applets! Now, when I say 'quick and easy' I mean something that probably wont take me more than 3 days to do :thumb:

Anyway, feel free to give me your comments, post highscores, report any major bugs you might notice, and give me 'requests' on what game I should program next! Now how many times has someone offered to personally program a game of your choice for free? lol

We're going to start with something that works a lot like frogger, but I called it hyperfrog for the sake of copyright and coolness. The graphics are (at least for now) just rectangles... if you guys want good sprites you can make them yourself and send 'em to me :lol: Seriously.

http://www.geocities.com/codeiscool/java/hyperfrog.html

Oh, and while your at it you might as well check out what was basically my first ever computer game that I programmed like 2 years ago.
http://www.geocities.com/jedi_sonic_1990/Java/Sting1.html
Better learn the controls fast... back then I wasnt experienced enough to think of NOT starting the game till you press a certain button :eyebrow:
JediSonic

Postby CobaltAngel » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:18 pm

WAIIIIIII! Hours of pointless fun! ^_^ You're my hero! *glomps*
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby glitch1501 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:25 pm

thats cool

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Retten » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:23 pm

Sweet!!! go froggy :thumb:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby JediSonic » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:16 pm

Cool, glad you guys like it :grin:

Any suggestions on what I should make next? My friend made a game using GameMaker that is like breakout, but with another paddle on the top instead of a ceiling. So I was thinking... what if I made a game like pong or breakout, but where you control 4 paddles.. one for each wall.. using the mouse or arrow keys? That might end up being too hard or too easy to play though; using a mouse, it would be incredibly easy if the player mangaged to simply track the ball with their mouse :lol: But then... so is breakout and you dont see people complaining about it being too easy
JediSonic

Postby Vampi » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:57 am

Ai......it won't work for me........
Vampi

Postby JediSonic » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:10 am

Yeah, sangoku has the same problem :stressed: I don't know what it is.. I had him download the newest version of the JRE (java runtime environment) and he says it still didn't work. I'm not really sure what the problem is.
JediSonic

Postby JediSonic » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:10 am

Maybe tetris would be fun to make.. but maybe with some new twist.. like a block that creates other blocks until you put something on top of it :) Or lasers... lasers are like suger: everything is better with it!
JediSonic

Return to Art Corner