[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Kirei's Scribbles :P - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Kirei's Scribbles :P

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Kirei's Scribbles :P

Postby Kireihana » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:13 pm

Yeah, so here is some of my anime/manga style art... I have more non-anime art at my website but I don't know if that's allowed here. Constructive criticism please, I like it more than comments, even!

Please note that they're in .png format (as they were drawn on oekaki) so I apologize if they take a while to load. I use cable internet, so they're very fast for me, but I don't know how it is with other servers...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kireihana

Postby Mave » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:37 pm

Constructive criticism eh? hmmm...two things, it could improve if you made the outlines smoother and blend the color shadings more. Does that help? apart from that, it's very nice! :thumb: Oh yeah, welcome to CAA!
Mave

Postby Kireihana » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:24 pm

Hey, I just finished browsing your webiste! Great work, I love your webmanga. Thanks for the CC, I'll be sure to work on that lineart. Sometimes on oekaki it's hard to get a smooth line quickly, and I'm an impatient artist. Something I need to work on. As for shading, I've been contemplating whether to go for a cel-shading or soft-shading style. I've sorta been aiming at a shading style like that of the artist of Hikaru No Go, but mostly my art's been a bunch of experimentation. I'll keep at it!
Kireihana

Postby Pepper Kittie » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:35 pm

I think those are beautiful ^^ You did a good job on both. The thing that stands out to me is the hands... they're always so hard to draw! That's my weak point too when it comes to anime. The thumbs and shape look a bit off on your first picture... aside from that, you did a great job!
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby shooraijin » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:00 am

Great work, Kireihana!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Kireihana » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:52 am

Thanks everyone. Hands is something I've been working on for a long time. My mom's a hand therapist, so she gives me tips every now and then, but they're still difficult.

Anway, here's a funny little piece I made about Yu-Gi-Oh!. Actually, It's kinda corny...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kireihana

Postby EireWolf » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:58 am

Hi, Kireihana! Nice pics; I really like the first one.

I believe you *are* allowed to post non-anime art here; if not, I'm in trouble 'cuz that's all I post! :sweat: (I don't generally do anime style art.)

btw, I really like your Tolkien fan art on your web site! :thumb:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Shinja » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:21 am

very cool.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Kireihana » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:06 pm

Thanks everyone. I've got some more art now; a Kenshin sketch, a pic of a schoolgirl character I made up, and two oekakis: one of a girl in pigtails, and the other is myself as a chibi. (In case you were wondering what I look like super-deformed XD)
Kireihana

Postby Bunny » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:11 pm

What a cute chibi you make! ^_~
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Nice...

Postby darkoon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:16 am

GOD bless you! great stuff, I love how you color, and you definetely have the spirit of manga. Just keep practicing, especially with lines. By the way, got any plans for future manga?

DARKOON
darkoon

Postby Kireihana » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:57 pm

Well Darkoon I always have ideas circulating my mind, and I've tried drawing manga, but I dunno.. I guess I'm the kind of person who has trouble sticking with one thing all the way through. I may settle into it in the future. ^^ In the meantime, I've been busy on oekaki... here's one picture I did: (another I made into my new avatar) I think I've finally developed a style I'm satisfied with.
Kireihana

Postby Zar » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:34 am

You got alot of cool stuff, you freaken rock
Zar

Postby CobaltAngel » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:53 pm

You're AWESOME. O.O I love the very first picture best of all... but they all rock! O.O
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Kireihana » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:34 pm

Thanks guys! You don't know how much that means to me. None of my friends or family are into anime, and my grandpa always says "You got the body down right, now fix those eyes. They're too big." -_-
Kireihana

Postby Kawaii_Angel » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:38 pm

Those are awsome!!!!!!I loved the YuGiOh comic!^___^
Kawaii_Angel

Postby Kireihana » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:16 am

And now... be afraid... be very afraid... as I post non-anime!!!

First one: XD. I've decided I don't like drawing realism. Takes too long (and I'm slow enough as it is) Plus... anime eyes are way cooler. Anyway, this pic is unfinished, and you'll never see it finished, because I messed up the hair. What you see now is the picture before I totally screwed up the hair.

Oh, it's Liv Tyler as Arwen, from Lord of the Rings...

Second One: Ehh.. We were learning abot the Trojan War in school so I drew my version of Helen of Troy. ^^;;;;

Third one: Beren, Beren from the Silmarillion!.

Fourth one: Luthien! Can't have Beren without Luthien!! (Forgive the awful clothing folds on this one- costume malfunction!!)
Kireihana

Postby Icarus » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:37 am

Good stuff.

Too bad about the picture of Liv, it is quite beautiful.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Gypsy » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:28 am

Awesome job! And posting non-anime stuff in here is more than ok ... which is my way of saying - post some more!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Retten » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:50 am

Wow you got some really great drawings! Keep it up! :)

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Kawaii_Angel » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:00 am

Yea!Post more your a great artist!
Kawaii_Angel

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:23 pm

WOW! Those ROCK! I really like your style... very pretty. :)
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Kireihana » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:18 pm

XD I haven't done any non-anime art in a while... I might do some more sometime. But the technique I use for drawing "realistic" bodies is the same I use for drawing anime bodies, and it is.....

The Stick Figure Frame!!! I am not above it! In fact, I think it's pretty darn useful especially when foreshortening. Also, I have to draw the whole figure before I start to make sure that I don't run out of room on the page.
Kireihana

Postby SwordSkill » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:18 pm

Good proportions (although the right arm of the girl in the first pic seems a little off and so is the left arm of the pencilled schoolgirl), and you certainly seem to be discovering a good coloring style of your own, congratulations (I'm still looking for mine ^^). It's good too that you do realistic as well - I tend to think that anime style is just a simplification of the real thing. Nice oekakis too - good eye-to-mouse coordination.

My suggestion to bring your art to the next level would be to do more full body pics to practice your figure proportions. ^^ Ganbatte.
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Return to Art Corner