Suggestions...?

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Suggestions...?

Postby inkhana » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:11 pm

Hmm...I've got this character and I'm trying to work up a color scheme for her hair, clothing, etc...and I wondered if anyone had any good suggestions. I would prefer that her hair is a darker color (most colors would be fine, but red and blue are out for reasons of plot and I would prefer no white or gray). As long as the clothing colors aren't wacky or anything, I'm open to suggestion on that...but I would prefer something "professional" or "formal" looking...if that makes sense. At one point I had maroon on her coat, a cream color for her sash thing, her hair was purple and her eyes were gold...but it just didn't look right when I put it all together. I just can't seem to come up with a group of colors that complement one another...-_-;; Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Saint Kevin » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:19 pm

How about purple hair and ice blue eyes. A pair of dark slacks and a dress shirt (with a tie). This might not work at all cause I can't really draw it well enough to see for myself. If it does work though (or just sucks terribly) let me know.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby inkhana » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:23 pm

Well, I'm gonna keep the outfit the way it is design-wise, basically, I just needed to know if you had any suggestions color-wise...:) Thanks though! I think I'll try ice blue for the eyes.

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Saint Kevin » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:27 pm

She already looks like she has ice water in her veins ;) so I figured the ice blue eyes weren't that big of a stretch.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Mave » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:11 pm

hey there Inky,

my character designs depend wholly on the personality. Their style of clothing reflects values and their actions. So I usually look for descriptions of the personality. Mean, friendly, evil...? Fights alot? whatever info helps...But looking at the pic alone, she looks kinda mean. hehe based on that, I'll say go with dark solid colors something like a Commando, General, Military type uniform. I see dark red on her...like a maroon. oh wait...you already said that....Red and cream is fine...

ok you're gonna kill me...I tried to put purple hair and green eyes on her along with that maroon cream suit in less than 5 minutes. I've gotta run now, need more time to think. If it's offensive enough, I'll remove it. But later on tonight...

:sweat:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby inkhana » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:15 pm

ROFL! Nah, no prob...:P

That looks pretty much like the color set I was experimenting with. Yet somehow, when I put it on this particular pic, it looks so very wrong...-_-;; (BTW, the swatches were some colors I was experimenting with...:grin: )

Edit: Crud! I had no idea the maroon was that dark outside Photoshop...well, pretend it's just regular maroon...:P

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:20 pm

ohhhh!! I like!! I'm not a good coloerer of pictures, defiently for anime.

Though I think it would be better with either Blond hair or possibly grayish-purpil hair maybe

although its very good :thumb:
Hitokiri

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:30 pm

Hrmmm...I'll see if I can cook something up :p Heh...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Return to Art Corner