Some drawings

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Some drawings

Postby Negotiatrix » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:54 pm

I hope I've managed to get these attached correctly! So far all I've been able to do well is front views of faces. I'm working on trying to draw a whole figure, but so far the results are scary! I'd appreciate any advice on getting proportions of legs and arms correct. You guys are great artists from what I've seen here!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Negotiatrix

Postby Mr. Rogers » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:05 pm

i like em. their pretty good. :-D
Mr. Rogers

Postby EireWolf » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:31 pm

Nice pics! I think the third one is my favorite. ^_^

As for arms and legs... It's hard to give advice without seeing any of your figure drawings, but I'll give it a shot since I'm taking a Life Drawing class. I'll just repeat some things my teacher said.

It's best if you can get someone to model for you, so you have someone still to look at... but even if you don't, you can still observe some things about the human figure. (... or you could always employ a mirror.) Look at parts in relationship to one another. For example, see where the elbows are in relation to the rib cage-- the elbows are just about where the rib cage stops. The hands, if hanging at one's sides, are about at crotch level. Observe how long the legs are in relation to the torso. etc. Then look at how the joints connect. For example, a lot of beginning artists draw the thigh joints straight across... but really there's a "V" shape. And the neck doesn't start level with the shoulders, but farther down in the front. Those are some things to look for. Also muscle structure, etc.... If you're serious about it, get yourself a good anatomy book. (Even if you're only doing anime, it will help.) Hands and feet are the hardest to draw, so don't feel discouraged if they look strange at first.

I hope this helped! Good luck, and please show us some more of your drawings! :)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Retten » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:33 pm

They look really good :thumb: upload some of your full figurer drawings and im sure we can give you some tips :)

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Return to Art Corner