The Jewel of Glacia and her bad art!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

The Jewel of Glacia and her bad art!

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:58 pm

I decided to make an art thread. I warn you, I have little talent for drawing. View at your own risk! All suggestions are quite welcome. I want to improve....

These are the sketches that started it all....

1) Talyra, my character for the World Crystal Quest, smiling at you.

2) A more detailed look at her features.

3) Never make Talyra angry. The results are shocking!

4) Talyra weeps for Kai, the love of her life (Sangoku's character).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In a world shrouded in mystery, the winds of change begin to blow.

A proud member of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Wars and Darklight: Chronicles of Tairis.

"I'm a warrior-hero-adventurer-goddess who CAN'T SWIM, okay?!?!" ~Skye of Lynlora, from the video game Darkened Skye
Taslin_Jewel

Postby CobaltAngel » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:38 pm

Those are great! ^_^ Yup.. it's nice to see how you picture Talyra... my pictures of her were all crap. XD
What rez are those scans? (Sorry, I just hade to ask... I saw you're scanner and... I'M A GEEK OKAY?!?! XD)
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:41 pm

CobaltAngel wrote:Those are great! ^_^ Yup.. it's nice to see how you picture Talyra... my pictures of her were all crap. XD
What rez are those scans? (Sorry, I just had to ask... I saw you're scanner and... I'M A GEEK OKAY?!?! XD)

Honestly, I haven't a clue. :sweat: My dad helped me with those. We did a little photo-editing so they would show up better.

A proud member of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Wars and Darklight: Chronicles of Tairis.

"I'm a warrior-hero-adventurer-goddess who CAN'T SWIM, okay?!?!" ~Skye of Lynlora, from the video game Darkened Skye
Taslin_Jewel

Postby Razgriz » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:46 pm

Pretty cool! :thumb: I like the 2nd and 3rd pic.
Razgriz

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:49 pm

Sangoku wrote:Pretty cool! :thumb: I like the 2nd and 3rd pic.

Yeah. I did those later, so I had practiced a little before then. I'm really satisfied with how those turned out....
Edit: Actually, the 2nd pic is just a zoomed-in excerpt from #1. It was just hard to see in the original....

Taslin_Jewel

Postby Bunny » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:29 pm

For some reason, I thought I replied to this. Those are nice! Cherry blossom one is pretty. ;)
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:37 pm

[quote="Bunny"]For some reason, I thought I replied to this. Those are nice! Cherry blossom one is pretty. ]
Tank you! :)

Taslin_Jewel

Postby CobaltAngel » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:52 pm

Yo, Tas, you mind if I color one one them on photoshop?

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:55 pm

CobaltAngel wrote:Yo, Tas, you mind if I color one one them on photoshop?

PLEASE DO! I would looooove to see her in color. I suggest #3, but color any of them you want.

Taslin_Jewel

Postby CobaltAngel » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:26 pm

Okay. I'll mostly do it sometime in the next decade! :D

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby kaze » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:18 pm

those are so cool :thumb: i would love to see them colored too...^^
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:13 pm

kaze wrote:those are so cool :thumb: i would love to see them colored too...^^

Thank you. :red: It makes me happy to hear meh art complimented....

Taslin_Jewel

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:07 pm

Hear, all ye people who view my art:

I have tried to teach myself to draw anime. With help from some very detailed anime/manga drawing books, I have drawn my first people in the anime style. They are posted below. One pic is male, one female. Yes, I know, they don't look good because I drew them on notebook paper. ^_^" I'm cheap.

Note: This people are only studies right now. They are not characters, although I may change that later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taslin_Jewel

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:10 pm

AWWWW! EVERYONE CAN DRAW LONG HAIR BUT ME! T_T . . . looks great! :thumb:
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:26 pm

Thanks, Archy! ^_^ Drawing long hair is harder than it looks. I just kinda added more layers of hair until it was the right length...

Taslin_Jewel

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:51 pm

hey, I do have a suggestion or two...

try to fit the body size to the head. If you draw on lined paper, try to draw the head touching the lines then use the line count (ex. the girl... head is ~6 lines) to proportion the rest of the body. 1 head to bottom of chest... apprx. 1 head down from that to belly button... etc. full body is 6.5-8 heads tall including head, whatever amount works for your art style.

Sorry to cut it short... I have a class I need to go to in 10 minutes. Xp

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:56 pm

Thanks for the tips, Mechana.

Taslin_Jewel

Postby Pepper Kittie » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:38 pm

*points to the character's hands* I see you've got the same condition as me - I can't draw hands in the least XD I most always try to hide them somehow. Your anime is very cute though - I love it! Especially the guy - guys always seem so hard to draw actually looking like guys! You did a very good job ^^ Draw more! Now! *cracks whip* LOL!
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:31 am

Thank you, Pepper Kittie.
Yes, you're right, I drew sock hands. I can draw hands if I try, but they never look right, and this time I was too lazy. :sweat:

Taslin_Jewel

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:59 am

Ta-dum! That's right, I'm still alive!

This is a self-portrait. I used markers and colored pencils as well as the computer to touch the colors up.

Taslin_Jewel

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:56 pm

'Ey~ Thats pretty good! Mechana made a good suggestion, and I agree that that suggestion helps a lot. ^^
Ren_sama

Return to Art Corner