The Last World

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

The Last World

Postby KrescentMoon » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:56 am

YO VAMP!!!!!!!!! XD
ehehehe......originally this post was gonna feature a picture but unfortunately i can't get it up...so we need to wait for vamp to post it for me....it's 1 am where she is right now...so....erm......guess we'll have to wait a couple of hours!
KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:43 pm

Deh...sorry...here's the pic....

Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:08 am

this is the very first splash page to me and vampi's comic, The Last World. hope you like it.
KrescentMoon

Postby inkhana » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:55 am

Very nice! ^^ You do an excellent job on hair and hands.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Shinja » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:58 am

yes very cool, i like it alot, what are the orbs?
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Retten » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:45 am

Hey that looks cool! So what is he supposed to be?

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby KrescentMoon » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:06 pm

err......well, he's the main character of the comic. his name is destin ^^
the orbs are 'planets'. this is what it is in my sketchbook....i'm actually CG-ing it in photoshop but since i'm a dummy with that program it's taking much longer than i expected.........you can check out this notice: http://lastworld.keenspace.com/d/20031213.html thanx for the compliments!!! o^^o
KrescentMoon

Postby Angelchick » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:11 pm

nice the hair is really cool
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby EireWolf » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:03 pm

inkhana wrote:Very nice! ^^ You do an excellent job on hair and hands.

I'll second that. :thumb:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby KrescentMoon » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:08 pm

i think it's how that strand of hair goes over the forehead....o^-^o i have come to conclusion the D.N.Angel is such a good anime!!!!! must watch! arigatou minna-san! :blush blush: hahahah ne!
KrescentMoon

Postby KrescentMoon » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:18 pm

the plot thing...are you talking abt my webcomic or dnangel? err......my pages ARE inked. i use pilot ballpoint pens....i'm too scared to ink with fine-tip pens.....¬¬;;;; and yes, the first few pages are real choppy.......i am disappointed in myself for that....but....i'm lazy...so don't expect a better version of em.....i talked abt this in my livejournal one day...so ya.....now i must go through my video files and make more free space on my hard disk!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!! XD
KrescentMoon

Postby KrescentMoon » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:12 pm

err....if you have kazaa you can get photoshop there....so you don't have a scanner? heh....like me! well..i DO have a scanner but! it's in a container....as in the ones that ship furniture and stuff......in a diff country........so ya.........long story...um.....but....the internet cafés here scan.....it's expensive though....aAAAAAAAH it's such a hassle to scan my stuff ;_; it's so sad..........um...let's see if i can post pictures now........*tries inserting image....* grr......it's still not working.....VAMPI!!!!!!!! how'd you get that pic up!??!?! wait.........*slaps self* duuuuuuuuh~ i have figured out how to attach files! but....i still have something to complain abt......WHY IN THE WORLD CAN'T THE SMILIES WORK?!??!
KrescentMoon

Postby KrescentMoon » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:37 pm

same here. oh.........my burner is incompatible with this comp T.T yare yare desu wa ne~ yes! there ARE internet cafés here! mwahahahahaha!!!! they're located right next to the largest crater closest to the darkest side of the moon! XD
KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:19 am

The other picture (AKA the former over-all splash page....eh hem!!) is hosted elsewhere on one of my various accounts on the internet. And I [img] coded the address.
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:27 am

various alright.....*cough* what address? me no see address vampi.....btw........why didn't you ask me first? -_________________- one more thing, i need to ask you something so go online~
KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:15 am

I wanted to put a Chinese New Year pic here...but I don't have one of Last World...so I'm sticking this in!!

(This was our other new year pic....however....I do have a Chinese New Year pic at http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4819)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:48 pm

ok! yes, i live! and Last World will be updated tomorrow so.....readers come back! XD *ahem* anyway, here i have attached a picture of Destin at age 14 (he will appear this way much later in the comic). and some questions i want you to answer~!

1. what colors should i use for his clothing? originally i was gonna use gray and orange but that just looked bad......so i want your opinions!

and

2. does he look 14....at all?
oh yah, to vampi, from peru~! : :hug:
KrescentMoon

Postby JediSonic » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:30 pm

Really great art, Krescent :thumb: Personally I don't know about the red pants idea but other than that I like the suggested colors in that last pic.
JediSonic

Postby KrescentMoon » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:35 pm

thank you! hmm....i thought i should scratch out the red too. so, for the top, gray and orange. that cloth you see hanging like the sleeves of a jacket, is a scarf actually- indigo blue. so what color should i use for the pants, shoes, and cap? *goes off to make a little toll thing*

hmm....how about a paler orange for the pants? and for the cap, white with a blue? it'll go with the shoes........i hope......ya....meeeh~ *is braindead right now.....* :hits_self

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby ThaKladd » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:17 am

Yes, he looks 14...

great drawings... I don't know about the coloring.. the best way is to download the pic and try a little myself... but I haven't time...

You have so great skills, so I dont think it's anything wrong with your color picking ;) Probably you'r much better in that than me...
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Vampi » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:53 am

I think we should leave the orange jacket. Afterall, that complements his eyes very nicely but don't make it too bright or it will overpower his eye color. I didn't like the red pants idea.......cos I saw a bunch of guys wearing 'em on wacky tacky day and man did they look BAD. Since his scarf has changed to an idigo blue, make his pants a more turquoisy color and make those shaded parts of his jacket a blue. I dont' know about the hat........i don't know how all of that will actually look, but it might look ok because I'm trying to use split-complementary colors.

(Pst...why'd his hair grow longer? I thought his hair wasn't suppose to reach that length until he hits 15/16. If this keeps up by the time he reaches 18 his hair will at his mid back..............)
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:50 am

(pst...that's just his bangs....i drew a little profile thingy *for fun* showing how his hair will look at every age. i'll see if i can draw it on PS7....)

alright~! i'll test out the colors in a bit. i must experiment with the pants....i vill show you ze results ya? XD now........the hat......what to do with the hat~!? T-T
KrescentMoon

Postby EireWolf » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:04 pm

I like the orange for the shirt. Nix the red though. Maybe make the pants a dark bluish-gray? My husband has pants that color and I like 'em. ^_^
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby KrescentMoon » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:55 pm

and i was sick and busy thus the page is still not updated...=_____= we should get a mailing list shouldn't we, vampi? anyway, i forgot i had this....excuse the choppiness.

KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:41 am

"Voila...like?"
Answer:".....no."

The shades of blue are too similar....
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:23 am

¬¬ fine ms.vampi, i'll send it to your inbox for YOU to color......have fun~

KrescentMoon

Postby Retten » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:37 am

Awsome character your sketch is so clean great job!

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Return to Art Corner