Esuteru's lil gallery

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Esuteru's lil gallery

Postby esuteru » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:16 am

I wanted post some of my art here too - well those ones I haven't yet put on my web site^^

The first one is some experiment with skin coloring,
The second one is an autumn mood painting,and the third one is a sketch for one christian magazine - just try to guess what symbolism I was asked to draw;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
esuteru

Postby JediSonic » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:24 am

cool!

As for your skin coloring, I'd stay away from that hot pink if I was you ;)

I like how the dragons in that last one look like a hand.. very cool :thumb:
JediSonic

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:26 am

Very good... esuteru. Personally I cant draw worth squat, but I have the gift of writing so that makes up for that short coming. Lets see, I would guess that is the white rider from the four horsemen of the apocalypse (man that is a tough group of words to type :drool: ) and the and the anti- Christ of Revelations. Do you have a head wound in one of the heads, because that is a symbolism that of a assassination attempt? Ive read the Left Behind series, very good books.
Lochaber Axe

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:38 pm

Hey, I like those pics ^_^ I also liked the stuff on your website :D
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:40 pm

cool!!!
Shao Feng-Li

Postby jesse benishek » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:03 pm

yeah, I can't really draw either, but it is always worth tyring. And as my profile says I am untalented so, nothing really makes up for it... heh. I like the pink skin, it fits. Do they have names?
"I saw the angel in the marble, I carved until I set him free" Michelangelo
jesse benishek

Postby esuteru » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:50 am

Danke für Eure Kommis!

Lochaber Axe wrote:Lets see, I would guess that is the white rider from the four horsemen of the apocalypse (man that is a tough group of words to type :drool: ) and the and the anti- Christ of Revelations. Do you have a head wound in one of the heads, because that is a symbolism that of a assassination attempt? Ive read the Left Behind series, very good books.

Yep,you got it right^^ ,but well,I can always say that the wonded head can't be seen right now,the other heads kinda cover it B-)(from Esuteru's "what to reply when someone notices that you have forgotten something from your drawing")

JediSonic wrote:cool!

As for your skin coloring, I'd stay away from that hot pink if I was you ]

Hohhoo,I will just find a better way to use that pink^^
and...they look like a hand?congratulations,you just invented a new dimension to my drawing^^b

jesse benishek wrote:yeah, I can't really draw either, but it is always worth tyring. And as my profile says I am untalented so, nothing really makes up for it... heh. I like the pink skin, it fits. Do they have names?

Nope,The autumn lady is just an anonymous autumn lady,althought last year I drew an autumn drawing and I drew the same lady in there too...maybe I should name her,some autumn like name,she is the autumn lady after all.
The other girl doesn't have a name too,but I imagined her to be a "girl from country side".

And yes,just keep drawing,drawing is so much fun and even without noticing it,you just keep getting better as you draw.
I'll post a colored version of that sketch when I get it colored=painted.
esuteru

Postby EireWolf » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:15 pm

Nice! I like the Autumn painting especially. As for names, you could name her... Autumn. :sweat: I knew a girl named Autumn, and it fit her very well... she was a redhead.
EireWolf

Postby esuteru » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:28 pm

anonymous: hoo,I certainly need to work on my animals,since I don't even draw animals - only very,very rarely(currently planning to draw a squirrel christmas card^^).

EireWolf: what a cute name(when I think that a real person has it),too bad the Finnish version really doesn't fit as a name(=syksy),but autumn is good,since I actually keep calling her "autumn lady" ,lady Autumn then?XD

But anyway,here's the colored version of that sketch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
esuteru

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:35 pm

Ooh cool! I love watercolorings! I bet you'd like chalk brushing too. Ever tried it?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:20 pm

That looks so whimsical and pretty, esuteru. What a beautiful pic. ^-^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Shinja » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:27 pm

thats very cool.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby esuteru » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:07 am

Thanks!^^ , and I was first worrying that it didn't turn out decent enough , being so excited about painting a picture to an actual magazine^^;

Gypsy wrote:Ooh cool! I love watercolorings! I bet you'd like chalk brushing too. Ever tried it?

Chalk brushing...?I'm not sure what you mean,but just a while ago,I did try some chalking thing,but I'm not sure if it's the same thing you're talking about(yeah,you got me curious^^).
Here's my pastel chalk "cat" :
[color=996666]
Whoever you are
I hope you'll be alright
I hope you'll let the good Lord
Fight your fights
No matter what you hear
Whispered in your ear
Just remember that you're loved tonight
Loved tonight
[/color][color=999999]
"You're loved tonight",Randy Stonehill
[/color]
esuteru

Postby inkhana » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:08 am

Oh, that's pretty! Pastels are fun but they sure are messy! :sweat: I love the colors, those are some of my fave colors, and I like cats, so...yours is a winner! :thumb:

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Archan » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:50 am

Hello!

I luv your kitty! I absolutely luv it. It was the first thing that caught my eye when I looked into your album. You have a good eye for color. Really, you do. I also like your other work, has a nice traditional organic feel to it and not so computerized.

I encourage you to develop your skills further and continuing mixing mediums, hope to see more.

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby esuteru » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:32 am

Thank you for your encouraging comments!^^

So I didn't end up making that squirrel christmas card after all,have to save that idea for later.Here are some christmas cards I have made for my friends,hope this encourages people to make cards by them selves,well,the next big card sending event is on valentine's day after all...;)
[color=996666]
Whoever you are
I hope you'll be alright
I hope you'll let the good Lord
Fight your fights
No matter what you hear
Whispered in your ear
Just remember that you're loved tonight
Loved tonight
[/color][color=999999]
"You're loved tonight",Randy Stonehill
[/color]
esuteru

Postby inkhana » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:54 am

Such pretty watercolor colors! My favorite is the little praying angel, she's cute...^^

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:29 am

I love all of them! Great job, and keep it up!
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Return to Art Corner