Art stuff

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby CobaltAngel » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:34 pm

Wow, thats beauitful! nice coloring job, the colors you chose are wonderful! ^_^
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:38 pm

Well everyone, it's been nice being able to get comments on my art in here and such. As of tomorrow (the 10th of June) I will be moving home for the summer. This means that I will have plenty of time to work on drawings for charachters and coloring and Photoshop! Yay! Unfortunately it also means that I will have no reliable way to post those pictures (or anything else, for that matter) due to an utter and complete lack of an internet connection in my house. So until September (late september at that) expect few updates. I shall return though, and thank you for all the commentary over the last 10 months!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:21 pm

Mwa hahahahhahahahaha!!!! I have purchased a brand spankin' new computer, meaning my old compy went to the Law Office as the new net computer. (More about the computers in live journal, I dont feel like saying it all here) this means that I have full access to all of my pictures for uploading! I was working on techniqe, so there arn't all that many right now, but the capeability is there, and so... more and better updates. It's venus, w/ choco pocky, and a bad attitude.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Angelchick » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:02 pm

hehe cool, i like it. looks good.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Archan » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:28 pm

Hi,

I like some of the techinques you used for your female character with the glasses, I like the strokes you used for the hair and the texture you used for the shirt....very creative. The only thing is you might not want to give her such a golden tan, I'd tone it down a bit....either give her more of a natural tan or a darker mocha color of skin, something more earthy to replicate a natural shade of skin.

As for your other pic, it has a very graphic style to it, I'd consider developing this style a little further in curiosity to where it might lead....

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:20 pm

Thank you for the commentary! I do still need to work on her skin coloring, (first pic on this page) as shes supposed to have a dark tone, but I'm a little off still... hmmm, I may do another picture of her once I get Photoshop CS and Painter 8 for my new computer.
Picture styling on the second pic was due to my need for a faster way of coloring things... It's semi inspired by Ian's style from Machall (what he calls no line) but I'm still playing with it, and may try to use more shading gradiation/blurring and other applications on it to improve the look.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Jaltus-bot » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:27 am

Mechana, I always get such enjoyment from looking at your art.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:09 pm

a sketch... needs cleaning... I'll fix it when i get photoshop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Little T-chan » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:57 pm

Wow!! You're a great artist!! I never knew that you drew!! That's fantastical!! So detailed!! And that's sucha complicated pose, but it looks like you're getting it!! ^^ Are those wings on her back?
[SIZE="6"][color="Pink"]♥ [font="Impact"]t-chan[/font]![/color][/SIZE]

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="Pink"]Everyday, it's You i live for!
Everyday, i'll follow after You!
Everyday, i'll walk with You, my Lord![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Little T-chan

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:48 pm

She does sprout wings out of that thing on her back... it isn't wings in that picture, just a cybernetic modificationl. You can see the wings extended in a n earlier drawing in this thread.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Archan » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:38 pm

Hi there Mechana!

Wow, your newest pic definately has a lot of detail to say the least. I really like the cut off Inuyasha poster in the left side of your piece. I was racking my brain to see if I could recognize the 1st person shooter game she was playing, but couldn't put two and two together. Aw well.

Anyways I like the cybernetics and such you put on your main character. Also, I like the pose, it was a very good shot at such an advanced pose. There are a few things that do need tweaking, put overall it's a very good job.

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:21 pm

Archan wrote:

I was racking my brain to see if I could recognize the 1st person shooter game she was playing, but couldn't put two and two together. Aw well.

Thats because in this case 2 and 2 equals 5. Check out the cleaned up version and the commentary on deviant art to see what I mean.
http://animetedskier.deviantart.com

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Jaltus-bot » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:29 pm

mechana2015 wrote:heres the first part of a series showing the sequence I use in making a drawing.1. scan of pencil work
2. Inked in photo shop
3. background added

These, especially the last one, are some of my favs of your work.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Archan » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:37 pm

Half Life and Doom huh? It all falls together now....he he he :sweat:
Speaking of Half Life, ya think they'll ever release 2?

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:52 pm

Eventually... I've played CS source and it looks promising and is slooooowwwwly expanding... so I have hopes. Dunno when though and dont really care considering I need to build a computer that runs windows before I can play it. Thanks Sheherezade! I'm working on more of the complicated stuff, and do have another drawing in the mix, it just needs a finished background, and will probably go up in DA, unless it miraculously fits here (highly doubtable).

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:03 pm

2 new pictures on deviant art http://animetedskier.deviantart.com/

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:03 pm

oops... double posted... ummm
I'm working on coloring that picture of the girl sitting at the computer if anyone wants to know. If a mod sees this and dosn't like it, delete this post not the one above it. (computer did somthing wierd and doubled up)
mechana2015

Postby soul alive » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:13 pm

great stuff mechana2015, especially the mechs, having done some simple mechanical studies and drawings, and studying to be an architect, i find those drawings very cool, and appreciate (at least partially) what goes into doing them.

the sketch of the girl at the computer is great, love all the detailing.

do you have any pics of the still-lifes you have been doing that you could post? you said something about them in my art thread, and i would like to see... ^^.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Angelchick » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:38 pm

cool stuff. they look very good. ^_^
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:06 pm

Uh oh time for me to visit DA again. :sweat: I like the Hunter x WereWolf one ^_~
Mave

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:55 pm

Actual thought follows: "Woah someone actually looked at my art thread!"

First off thank you Angelchick!

Thank you as well Soul Alive! I do not have the capeability to get my still lives up on the computer yet, since my scanner is a 9x11... and the drawings I did for class were ~24"x36". My teacher is taking pictures of them so maybe I can get a few pictures of them from her through e-mail and post them up later on. You may appreciate the perspective drawing we had to do... I dont know how well it will come out though in a picture. This is due to the fact tha I am a detail lunatic... I love detail in an image... too much for my own good I think. if you want to see all the drawings i cant fit on here do to my Deviant Art account. :link:

Thanks Mave... I'll put that up here too if i can fit it so other people can see it.

News Item... I'M DONE WITH MY FIRST REAL ART CLASS EVER AND I CAN CONFIDANTLY SAY I GOT AN A! WOOOOOOOOO! YEAAAHHHHH! HOOOAAHHH!
...k pictures dont wanna load off my computer... go look at DA please.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby soul alive » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:36 pm

i understand about obsession with details... my art teacher in high school gave up trying to confince me that everything didn't have to be exactly perfect. obsessive compulsion can be a pain sometimes, but it makes for great realistic art, lol.

the bottle drawings you have up on DA is awesome, great job.
soul alive

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:57 pm

Thanks.. got the stuff working...
100% digital charcoal drawing (used real techniques on the computer) of a bottle.
Monster hunter and a werewolf.
Crocodile that lives at my school.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Jasdero » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:26 pm

..I still can't believe that you get to have a crocodile at your school... That's so awesome... X3

Very nice, mechy, as usual. ^^ That charcoal drawing of a bottle looks really cool. :33
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:49 pm

A mech design...yahoo. Pencil, then pen, and way too much spare time during band. XP

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Jasdero » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:27 am

O.O .... that has.. a lot of detail... @_@ It looks awesome.. X333
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby soul alive » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:32 pm

awesome job on the mech. very cool.

o_O you have spare time in band? wow. i almost never do.
soul alive

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:49 pm

I play in a pep band for college... we were at basketball games, and we can't play while the game's going on...our team was winning by 20-somthing points so I had nothing to do. concert band has no spare time, and neither does pep practice, but the games do.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby soul alive » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:59 pm

ah, that explains it. ^^
the pep band at my college is the only group of people that cheers. the rest of the gym is almost totally quiet, so we keep pretty busy cheering.

looking forward to seeing more pics.
soul alive

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:12 pm

same here... we were shocked a game or two ago when the crowd actually began responding to one of our songs (hey/Dr. Who)... so much so that we actually stopped playing for a second.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner