Kireihana's sketch/WiP corner~

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Kireihana's sketch/WiP corner~

Postby Kireihana » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:09 pm

I finally decided to make a thread here. I am one of those people who draws a ton of stuff and only finishes about a fourth of them... so I thought I'd upload some of the sketches and works in progresses (WiPs) here. :)

Pics:

1. Inspired by Mave's renditions of Shatterheart and UC's avatars, I decided to try my own in a human form...

2. and the colored version!

3. Aayla Secura; my favorite Jedi. The lineart's not completely done but I started on the coloring anyway. I think I'm gonna start over on the colors though, because they bother me >_>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kireihana

Postby Kireihana » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:17 pm

More! :eh:

1. Naruto with eggs. A pic I did last Easter but never colored... OpenCanvas is definitely my favorite program for doing lineart. Too bad my free trial ran out. XD

2. (Mave's Lineart) Ah, this I was coloring for last month's coloring contest but didn't have time to finish. *ashamed*. I WILL finish it though, and when I do, I'll send it to ya, Mave.

3. Um, I might have posted this sketch in the gallery but I don't remember. It was originally for Narutofan.com's Christmas art contest (I have issues with finishing art in time for contests) but I kind of lost interest in it. Maybe I'll upload the half-colored version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kireihana

Postby ninjaduckofdoom » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:32 pm

Wow, I really like your art! Your coloring is really good!
ninjaduckofdoom

Postby HikariChan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:04 pm

Man, so many ppl here can color! I wish to color this good!
Great job:thumb:

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby mai » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:18 am

0_o those are so good! What did you use to color the guy with and dolphin?
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Retten » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:41 am

Wow your really good I love the work you have shown so far! Lets see some more :D Do you mind if I ask how long you have been drawing and were you self taught or did you take class?

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Mr. Rogers » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:04 am

nice work. love the naruto ones ^O^
Mr. Rogers

Postby Kireihana » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:23 pm

Mai wrote: 0_o those are so good! What did you use to color the guy with and dolphin?

I do all my computer coloring (and usually lineart as well) using Corel Painter 8 and a Wacom Graphire3 tablet. :)

WhiteBlaze wrote:Wow your really good I love the work you have shown so far! Lets see some more :D Do you mind if I ask how long you have been drawing and were you self taught or did you take class?

Yeah it's cliché, but I really have been drawing forever... even in preschool my parents said I was already drawing full figures and not stick people. My elementary school provided art classes for everyone and now I am taking art in high school, but most of my techniques come from observation and trial and error. I've never had a formal lesson.

Edit: WhiteBlaze as of this moment we have the same post count! Rock on! :rock:

sldr4Christ1985 wrote:nice work. love the naruto ones ^O^

I love Naruto so much! XD 90% of my fanart consists of Naruto. :eh:

Thank you all so much for the comments. I'm running out of scraps on my computer... let me see if I can dig up something...

Ah, ok. These next three are a bit more realism. The first two are animal watercolors done for school; the tiger was supposed to have a body and everything but my teacher lost it and I didn't find it again until we cleaned out at the end of the year. :shady: The third is of course Harry Potter digital realism practice in Painter 8... there are some errors and he looks kind of evil but other than that I think I succeeded in the style I was trying to accomplish.
Kireihana

Postby Danyasaur » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:06 pm

I allways LOVE your stuff Kireihana! ^_^ you're an awesome artist, and I really like the tiger and the horse *^5s* great job!
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Mave » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:06 pm

Very impressive, Kireihana. X333 I look forward to more from you! You color very well, IMO.
Mave

Postby Retten » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:28 pm

Kireihana wrote:Edit: WhiteBlaze as of this moment we have the same post count! Rock on! :rock:

0_o wow we do how cool! Oh and thanks so much for answering my question :)
I totally love all of your work xD Keep it up!

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Kireihana » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:53 pm

Head shot of an unfinished digi sketch I did tonight...
Kireihana

Postby Kireihana » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:44 pm

Yet another sketch (I just haven't had time to do anything worthwhile or complete recently!! *exasperation*)

THIS IS A SCENE FROM THE NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK. Do not view if you are afraid of spoilers!

But it's only a scene from like, the second chapter... so if you've already started reading the book than it's unlikely to be much of a spoiler. And even if you haven't started the book, it's still doesn't really give anything important away. I really want to color this when I get back from soccer camp.
Kireihana

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:02 pm

Kyaa! I love the sketch you did from the Harry Potter book! ^o^ Very beautiful work you have here!
Ren_sama

Postby Retten » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:22 pm

*sets up base camp* I just stay here and watch all of your artistic goodness xD Awesome new scketches I wish I had skills like you lol

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Kireihana » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:29 pm

Ok I've done some more work on the HP pic... I hope you can see the differences XD. I resized the heads because they were too big (proportions bug me) and got started on the lineart. You can still see the sketch in the background, though.

The second pictures is old (as you can probably tell). Maybe a year or so old. I get a lot of "I wish I could draw like you," etc. so I thought I'd post this... If I can improve in a year than anyone can :lol:. And there are still tons of artists that I aspire to, but now I know that with time I can work towards their level.
Kireihana

Postby Mave » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:37 pm

You are fast becoming one of my favourite artists. ^_~ Awesome, I'm inspired to go draw more.
Mave

Postby Kireihana » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:36 am

Haha, I'm getting Mave back for her inspiring me... every time I read Kingdom Come it's like "Must... draw... manga!" I've actually never really attempted a comic though....

Thanks for the comments you guys. :sweat:

Ok.

First pic: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (that means SPOILER if you haven't gotten past the second chapter). I'm on to the coloring now.

Second pic: Me, my cousin Christiana, and our friend Hiroko. A quick sketchbook thing. (Hiroko taught me how to write our names in Japanese :grin: )

Third pic: Genis and Presea from Tales of Symphonia. I really don't like Presea's coloring (I'm not too good with pencils I guess XD) so I might color Genis on the computer when (if) he's finished. Tools used: Mechanical pencil, .01 and .02 Sakura Micron inkpens, Prismacolor pencils.
Kireihana

Postby Retten » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:51 pm

Wow they all look great and the little girl witht the axe is so kawaii ^^

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:46 pm

Oh wow! The colouring in the first pic is awesome! I've never seen anything quite like it!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby HikariChan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:22 pm

Your coloring makes me cry of jealousy!!
great job:P

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Return to Art Corner