Enter Golden_Griff's World

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

It's been a while

Postby Golden_Griff » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:04 pm

Griff the Unusual wrote:I'm still working on a little something that I've been doing for several weeks now. I want it all done before I show anything

Well, this is part of that "something" that I've been working on ]http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=354207#post354207[/url]
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:17 pm

aww man griff! all these are so great!!!!!
Mr. SmartyPants

Amber Paper Doll!

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:40 pm

Thanks for stopping by Sir Intelligent Trousers :)

Grrr....typed up a big long description last night only to find that my attachments wouldn't load!

So, cut to the chase:

Experiment in oversized apparel
Ended up with anime-ish Amber
Looked cute and doll-like
Made several more outfits
Hair maybe darker than I intended to be
Scan with weird spots
May have been able to make better choice in colors
Over 6 hours of work total :eh:...x_x

EDIT: Okay, I added the other picture that was missing.

I should probably mention that the blue and gold outfit in picture number four is a Chun-Li cosplay outfit (so Amber can cosplay as her favorite character :grin: )

Oh and the clown outfit in picture 2 is modeled after another one of my characters.

Amber is wearing the outfit she's normally seen in (sort of like the Mario Bros. wear overalls).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Some cornbread induced quickies

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:30 pm

Two of four quick drawings I did within a 30 minute time frame (I think).
I was in a very light-hearted mood :jump: Trying to release creative surge.

#1--Griff and Legato playing jump rope
#2--Kitty versions of Legato and Griff

Random Guy: :eyebrow:...just say no Griff. Just say no.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden_Griff

Postby christianfriend » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:10 pm

Ooh!! Those are REALY good griff! I like the jump rope one!
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:30 pm

Ahh nice to see you stop by again C-friend :) Haven't seen you around in a while.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I can sew? :angel:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=18053

Golden_Griff

Umm...question?

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 pm

I...really didn't know where to post this so I figured why not just post it in my own thread :sweat:

Anyway, I was checking out the attachments that I have on CAA and I notice where it says "5 downloads" under the name of the attachment. I was wondering, what exactly does that mean? :stressed:

And sorry I don't have new pictures with me. The library that I go to to scan my work is closed over the entire weekend :shady:...

Golden_Griff

back with some self-portraits

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:38 pm

Hey guys, I'm back on the drawing scene :)

Just some pictures I did of myself (some derived from boredom). Please don't laugh at the westernized pic (I hate the pose I'm doing >_<). If it was in color you'll see my lame attempts to give Legato different attire.

I'll color these some other day.

Golden_Griff

hmm...that's interesting

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:43 pm

Since when did 3 become the max number of files? :stressed:

Oh well, here's the rest:

EDIT: OH BLOOMINGS! I just realized that I forgot Legato's spikes! ><

Golden_Griff

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:51 pm

Lack of spikes notwithstanding, nice pics. :D

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:53 pm

Whoa! A surprise visitor at this hour? :) Thanks for stopping by :grin:

Golden_Griff

Postby Golden_Griff » Wed May 04, 2005 4:09 pm

Golden_Griff

Postby Golden_Griff » Wed May 18, 2005 6:39 pm

A wallpaper I recently completed:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=20692

There was suppose to be a third pic but oh well I was too lazy to fix it up :p

#1--This first started out as a doodle but after I played around with the image it looks pretty cool (and no, the caption is as in "I'm okay" rather than boasting :eyeroll: ).

#2--This is an anime-ish sketch of my fashionista cousin. I'm still debating on whether to take the risk to ink it or not.

Golden_Griff

Postby Puguni » Wed May 18, 2005 6:48 pm

Ink the picture! Ink the picture!
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby mechana2015 » Thu May 19, 2005 12:40 am

I like the leaning griffie shot.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat May 21, 2005 9:48 pm

New pic in the gallery :evil: :http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?threadid=20795

I was studying my sailor scouts idea and I was trying to figure out who to make "Sailor Moon" and "Sailor Venus." Well, after much contemplation I decided to let Sephi be "Sailor Meteor"--uh I meant "Sailor Moon"--and Sesshy to be "Sailor Venus." My decision was based upon who I thought was more like the person they're cosplaying in more ways than one.

Anyway, about this comic. The first describes the situation above and well, one thing led to another :eyeroll: Sorry for the lack of color but I couldnt wait to show it any longer! :lol:

(please see the following post for the rest)

Golden_Griff

continuation...

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat May 21, 2005 9:49 pm

and the last two frames...

Golden_Griff

Postby Riku777 » Sun May 22, 2005 11:06 am

Oh you're a weird one, mr griff. *humming the tune of the grinch song* I know it's ms griff but... that's just wrong griffles XP lol :lol:
Adopted by Sammy-chu ^-^ *Wishes Sam*ron would come and visit sometimes*

Proud Owner of a limited edition Kaemmerite (AKA Nate) Plushi!!!

Mary had a little lamb.... AND THEN I ATE IT >:D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
Locke wrote:When life gives you lemons, make it into a blog and get comments. =/

Nate wrote:[color=black]Screw TNT: CAA Knows Drama.
[/color]
[color=#ffa500]"Thank you for killing this thread...
dragging it's poor comatose body into
the freeway....and allowing the trucks
of rabbits trails of offtopicness drive it
into the pavement. Please, feel free to
spit on it's skid mark remains.
You monster."
-Ark

[/color]
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
[color=lime](> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination... [/color]Or I'll eat you, all up. Mwahahahahaha
@_@All my base are belong to bunny@_@
[color=mediumturquoise]猿]
Riku777

Location: Where we live in Igloos, it's below freezing ALL the time and where we talk about the Hockey Lockout

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun May 22, 2005 6:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is fantastic, Griffie! :thumb: You are the awesomest!

I laughed so hard looking over those comics. Hehe, you're are extremely talented, young lady. ;)

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

More Luigi Fan Art

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri May 27, 2005 11:27 pm

Riku777 wrote:Oh you're a weird one, mr griff. *humming the tune of the grinch song* I know it's ms griff but... that's just wrong griffles XP lol

:eyeroll:

true_noir_chloe wrote: This is fantastic, Griffie! You are the awesomest!

I laughed so hard looking over those comics. Hehe, you're are extremely talented, young lady.

Thank you :) Glad that they have entertained you :P

NEW PICTURE!! :mutter:

A more detailed picture of Luigi in his room making a journal entry. He's really just looking at space; I didn't really intend for him to focus attention on the cross so no real symbolism there :sweat: I struggled with his hands holding the journal though :eh:

Golden_Griff

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:49 pm

Okay that comic is SOOOO hilarious!! Poor Sheshamourou! (sorry if thats spelled wrong) Awesome work!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Syreth » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:38 am

Hey Griff, good to see some of your artworks again. I think it's awesome how you always draw Mario stuff. Luigi is for sure my favorite Mario character of all time. Really nice pic.
Syreth

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:30 pm

*Staggers through 15 pages of artwork and things she wanted to comment on, only to arrive tired, hassled and with memory-loss of the things she wanted to remember, at page number 15* *falls over* *stretches up one hand imploringly* *hand goes limp*
O_O So many things I wanted to comment on... so many pics that I enjoyed and things I could relate too... however since there were just so many, I'll just try to let this shortened (hopefully shortened, though knowing my posts they quickly clock up a hefty word count! :sweat: ) post suffice.
I love your drawing style! I think I may have said that before, but if not, eh. I do. ^_^ As well as that, I really like the chibi-fied version you draw of yourself; so cute and I love the way you do the ponytail -very cool the way it swings around and has 'spiky' edges without looking too bushy... if that makes sense :lol: !
As well as that, one of the things I want to comment on is sometimes I look at things and come up with a picture too -one time I was staring at the water on a wet bathroom floor and saw a cool looking cat face I henceforth studied then went away to draw. Another time was when I was staring at this table my Mum made that she painted over to look like marble (it's really cool) and saw a design for a strange platapus-type creature. And often, when staring at wood, I'll see cool old-style Japanese ink drawings of houses, forests, landscapes and such.

I really love your drawings, Griff, and even if I don't reply every time you post something new up, I've subscribed and will be sure to keep an eye out for your next picture post. :thumb:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Scream

Postby Golden_Griff » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:40 am

Too much dumb stuff going on in my life at this time. So I decided to convey my feelings in a picture. It's 3:30am. I'm going to sleep (that is if I can :shady: ).

Golden_Griff

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:31 pm

nice expression, a very good way of conveying the emotional state.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:39 am

I'm sorry that you felt so bad when you drew this pic, Griff; I hope things start getting better for you really soon. If you like, you can PM me if you could use someone to talk to or just someone else to pray for you.

About the picture, though: I think it looks really cool. Again, I'm sad that you had to feel so bad to inspire it, but the way you captured your feelings is amazing; I love the expression and the hair and the pose... it all looks so cool. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Previous

Return to Art Corner