Wiggin's destructions of real artists' artwork

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Wiggin's destructions of real artists' artwork

Postby wiggins » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:13 am

OK... so i said i would try and improve my drawing by drawing some fan art. Here's the thread in which i endeavour to mimic good artwork from real artists. I know they look nothing like the real thing, but comment anyway please with lots and lots of constructive criticism because those are really helpful. My first fan art is Zero Enna and Kizna Towryk from Yukiru Sugisaki's Candidate for goddess. I copied a reference pic which is on the 7th page from the cover page of Volume 2 of Candidate for goddess, wihthout tracing. It was alot harder than i thought it would be... and alot more time consuming than ithought it would be. I know the positions of Zero and Kizna aren't the same, but i was getting really tired of it after drawing Kizna's hair again for the i don't know what number-th time; so i just drew the rest and modified as i saw fit. Thanks! God bless you all,
Jonathan

EDIT: OK... my file is too large. I'll post it when i figure out how to get around this.
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby kaji » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:22 am

Bummer! Talk about a climax killer.
I was all excited to see Wiggins new fan art and there wasn’t anything there. :(

Well, I’ll be ready when it does arrive. ;)

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby wiggins » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:27 am

Sorry Kaji... >_<
I think this should do it... there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby kaji » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:43 am

What!?!? Where is this destruction and chaos we were promised!?!?

I guess Im not a steller artist, but I think you did a good job. :thumb:

Perhaps its hard for me to judge for you since I have no idea who those characters are. :lol:

But you know what you can do if people say; "Hey! That doesnt look anything like Zero Enna and Kizna Towryk!"
You just say; "Yah, thats right! I made these characters up on my own, thats Bob and Sally!"
And boy, will they be impressed then!

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Esoteric » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:14 am

Yes! Very nice, Wiggins!

I copied a reference pic which is on the 7th page from the cover page of Volume 2 of Candidate for goddess, wihthout tracing. It was alot harder than i thought it would be... and alot more time consuming than ithought it would be.

Yup, because you were forced to study what you were drawing carefully.

I know the positions of Zero and Kizna aren't the same, but i was getting really tired of it after drawing Kizna's hair again for the i don't know what number-th time; so i just drew the rest and modified as i saw fit.

See, you're already starting to invent. Although I haven't seen the cover, so I wouldn't know what modifications you made, it looks very nice. Awesome job. Keep practicing and you'll get better than the rest of us who don't have time to practice <looks at watch disdainfully>.
Esoteric

Postby wiggins » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:56 am

Time? I have time? *looks behind him at an impending avalanche of undone homework*
wiggins

Postby Esoteric » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:14 pm

Homework huh? Then... take an art class. That way, you'll be drawing AND doing homework at the same time! That's just brilliant! :grin:

Haha, no seriously, since I have problems with motiviation, the few times in my life when I've really been able to concerntrate on improving my drawing, were when taking art classes.
Esoteric

Postby skynes » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:20 am

Then... take an art class. That way, you'll be drawing AND doing homework at the same time!

!? Have you ever DONE an art class? It's 90% writing and 10% drawing!!! You spend more time writing up reports and explanations for your drawings than you do actually drawing it! :P
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby Esoteric » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:26 pm

That would be an art history class, or an art theory class. No, I'm talkin' about hands on drawing training. Intro to Drawing, Intro to Illustration, Life Drawing, etc. at a community college or something. Those are the art classes I"m talkin about. I only had to do, one measly report in each of those... just because the school required it. 98% was drawing.

Trust me, Skynes, you've just had the wrong classes. Sadly though, that's the way many art programs at universities are getting nowadays. It's outrageous... they won't even teach you how to hold a paint brush!
Esoteric

Postby VELyuki_26 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:43 pm

There is definitely talent bursting through that picture. All you need to do is improve your anatomical skills and placement. Thay will save you alot of time. I agree with Esoteric. You should take a beginners art class. Thay teach you how to break up the picture into shapes. You could go anywhere form there. You will only improve! GOD BLESS. Keep drawing!

(My my my. Such encouragement.)
VELyuki_26

Postby skynes » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:16 am

That would be an art history class, or an art theory class. No, I'm talkin' about hands on drawing training. Intro to Drawing, Intro to Illustration, Life Drawing, etc. at a community college or something. Those are the art classes I"m talkin about. I only had to do, one measly report in each of those... just because the school required it. 98% was drawing.

Trust me, Skynes, you've just had the wrong classes. Sadly though, that's the way many art programs at universities are getting nowadays. It's outrageous... they won't even teach you how to hold a paint brush!

I wasn't referring to university art, I was referring to everywhere else (i.e. high school).
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:31 am

whoa that is so good! i have that pic on my desktop! i love pilot candidate it's what got me hooked for life!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Little T-chan » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:28 pm

Wow....You consider that "destruction"???? I personally think it's beautiful! ^^ I'm constantly getting surprised with more great artists at CAA that I never knew about!!!! Draw and post some more Mr. Wiggins!!
[SIZE="6"][color="Pink"]♥ [font="Impact"]t-chan[/font]![/color][/SIZE]

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="Pink"]Everyday, it's You i live for!
Everyday, i'll follow after You!
Everyday, i'll walk with You, my Lord![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Little T-chan

Postby wiggins » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:39 am

Destruction... yeah... I originally wanted to put corruption. The OG looks soooo much better. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I will draw again as soon as i wade out...of ... this marshy bog of college applications, college essays and homework.
wiggins

Return to Art Corner