First female chibi sketch.

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

First female chibi sketch.

Postby Uriah » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:46 pm

I'm considering doing a webcomic, just for the fun of it, using this format of drawing, mainly because it's the only form of drawing I'm really that good at yet... The type of comic, I'm sorta thinking a Sci-fi/Realistic one, I hav'int really seen a serious comic with mainly semi-chibi characters, so it might be interesting. I don't however, mean to get anyone's hopes up, this is still just an idea.

Anyways, this is the first female I have drawn in this format, and I was wondering if you guys would mind giving me a little C+C. Does she look ok, or female, even? what do you guys think I would change?(Besides the fact that her eyes need to be more lashy.) Tell me what you guys think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uriah

Postby AngelSakura » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:12 pm

All I wanna say is she sort of looks hunched over... like she's a female version of Quasimodo.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby emoanimechild » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:15 pm

I think she looks like a she. and I think you did a great job with the hair. I also think a little more shading in the clothes might help a little though. but I think you did a good job on creating her I usely just draw characters from shows. :sweat:
emoanimechild

Postby Esoteric » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:27 pm

AngelSakura is right, her proportions are scrunched.

When in doubt, it's better to draw someone too tall and skinny than short and stubby. Both may be physically incorrect, (ever notice how long the necks of some anime character are?) but stretched proportions are more asthetically pleasing than stubby ones.

Try stretching her out. But you did a good job with making her look female!
Esoteric

Postby Uriah » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:36 pm

Yea.. She does seem a tad fat, I need to make a few adjustments..
Uriah

Postby Uriah » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:58 pm

Made some adjustments, and did a side and 3/4 view. The 3/4 veiw doesnt look quite right to me.. Anyone else have any tips on how I might improve it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uriah

Postby Riku777 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:04 pm

well... in the three quarter veiw, she still looks like her head is leaning forward, and her breast area looks a little too big for her body on the 3/4. that's all i hve to say but I love the hair and face
Adopted by Sammy-chu ^-^ *Wishes Sam*ron would come and visit sometimes*

Proud Owner of a limited edition Kaemmerite (AKA Nate) Plushi!!!

Mary had a little lamb.... AND THEN I ATE IT >:D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
Locke wrote:When life gives you lemons, make it into a blog and get comments. =/

Nate wrote:[color=black]Screw TNT: CAA Knows Drama.
[/color]
[color=#ffa500]"Thank you for killing this thread...
dragging it's poor comatose body into
the freeway....and allowing the trucks
of rabbits trails of offtopicness drive it
into the pavement. Please, feel free to
spit on it's skid mark remains.
You monster."
-Ark

[/color]
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
[color=lime](> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination... [/color]Or I'll eat you, all up. Mwahahahahaha
@_@All my base are belong to bunny@_@
[color=mediumturquoise]猿]
Riku777

Location: Where we live in Igloos, it's below freezing ALL the time and where we talk about the Hockey Lockout

Return to Art Corner