My first manga-toned piece!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

My first manga-toned piece!

Postby Uriah » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:17 pm

This is the first drawing that I have actually toned and inked manga style. Anyways.. Does the hair and pants look ok? C+C is welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uriah

Postby RoyalWing » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:30 pm

I think the hair and pants look good! But how about using some light gray to shade the skin? ^v^
RoyalWing

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:56 am

As a reader (not an artist) I can say that it looks okay, and I think you used toning/inking to your advantage. The skin does look pretty blank, however.
uc pseudonym

Postby Archan » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:57 pm

Hum......

Pants look fine, the inking looks fine as well, so does the highlights in the hair.

Something to note though, highlights (particularily in hair) are very sharp and usually a solid white in BW manga, though I like yours alot too it's more artistic with a natural stroke feel, so whichever way you choose to go would be fine.

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Return to Art Corner