My first Manga/Anime pic!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

My first Manga/Anime pic!

Postby Sgt_Fox » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:22 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sgt_Fox

Postby Sgt_Fox » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:36 pm

Lol sorry for low res pic i dont have a scanner -_-
Sgt_Fox

Postby Esoteric » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am

Not bad, Sgt_Fox!
Esoteric

Postby c.t.,girl » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:01 pm

that's cool. :thumb:
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby b0redx3 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:46 pm

hm, not bad.. but the arm(his right arm) looks deformed.. or not placed correctly, anatomy-wise.
but overall.. looks nice =] >.> kinda have the kenshin feel to it.. hehe
"Hopeless romantics are the idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative, and the fanciful. They give the world its once-upon-a-times and happily-ever-afters. Hopeless romantics may have their feet on the ground, but their souls fly somewhere over the rainbow."
b0redx3

Postby Sgt_Fox » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:18 am

Thanx everybody, Yeah his right arm is in a strange position it looks deformed. Lol today i have drawn almost 5 other pics ill post them in later today.( I just learned how to draw manga in 20 mins yesterday @ http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial/tutorial.html )
Sgt_Fox

Postby soul alive » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:13 pm

wow. great job for your first time! don't worry that much about proportions, they will get better as you draw more. can't wait to see more.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Archan » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:59 pm

Very nice,
Though, I wouldn't blame the proportions on you but rather the pressure you might have felt trying to fit your figure onto the page..... don't feel pressured to do so, if the figure gets cut off, so be it, I don't let it phase me. But still, very good job for your first attempt. With time I have no doubt that you will learn to master the anime style.....keep practicing :thumb:

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Return to Art Corner