Vash is a Plant's art-ness or lack there of..

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Vash is a Plant's art-ness or lack there of..

Postby Vash is a plant » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:01 am

wow! Yea for scaners! Constructive criticism (however you spell that o.O) requested! ^ ^;

1st picture, this is the main character for a story/some-day-manga. This took awhile to draw because of the sheets, but it turned out almost exactly the way I planed. Yea! Edit: For reference, the guy has his knee bent.

2nd picture, this is the other main character for the same story/some-day-manga. If I decide to continue posting pictures, this guy and the guy in the picture above will be to two you'll probably see the most. His arm, obviously, is messed up, but aside from that, it turned out pretty much how I wanted it to!

3rd picture, this is The Shade from the book Eragon. I love this dude because he's just like Vegeta! The skin didn't turn out the way I planned, but it's starting to grow on me... O.o

That's all for now folks!
-Vash
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13 :thumb:
:dance: :jump: :hug: :comp: :poke: :drool:
I have a Deviant Art! http://keiko-mukisune.deviantart.com/
Vash is a plant

Postby olorc » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:10 am

Hello, I haven't met you yet, I'm olorc, glad to meet you,
good job on the whole.
Some slight things:
1st pic.: That streched arm looks maybe a little incorrect anatomically. Maybe check an anatomy book like Dynamic Anatomy. Also, ummm, it may appear to some people that cause of the strech marks in the sheet in the middle of the bed may be caused by some other part of the body then you were intending?(perhaps?)
2nd pic: The arm on the top seems like it can't really bend that way and have the hand be in that position.
liked the 3rd pic a lot.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Vash is a plant » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:20 am

Nice to meet you! ^.^

With the first picture, the guy has his knee bent. Thinking about it now... I see what you're saying...-_-;

Yeah, on the second one, I'm not sure how that ended up going through the inking process without me noticeing that arm... o.O;

The 3rd one was drawn yesterday! Woot!

Thanks for commenting!! ^_^
"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13 :thumb:
Vash is a plant

Postby b0redx3 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:42 pm

nice!

The sheet for the first dude seems weird, with the stretch marks and all. Maybe you can identify the leg fold but the color of the sheet. A little lighter or just give it some contrast so that it looks like that sheet on the knee is higher than the rest of the sheet.

The second dude seems sooo stiff, especially the legs. Like you said, the arm need to be corrected due to the off-anatomy.

No critiques for the third one.. its nice =]

Continue with the creativities xD
"Hopeless romantics are the idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative, and the fanciful. They give the world its once-upon-a-times and happily-ever-afters. Hopeless romantics may have their feet on the ground, but their souls fly somewhere over the rainbow."
b0redx3

Postby Vash is a plant » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:09 am

Hey, thanks! I see what you're saying. Peace!
Vash is a plant

Postby Archan » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:41 am

Hey!

You know, your art is very dirty....and for some reason I like it even moer because of that xD I guess for me when i see all the little nooks and cranny's of a piece it allows me to see how passionate the artist was bringing the piece around.

Anyways, off to critique.

Uh, yeah, pretty much agree with the other comments, don't worry though thats just basic anatomy and proportions, no one gets it right off hand. Took me a few months just to master the completixy of the human sceletal system, it truly is God's unltimate work of art. Oh, anyways just keep practicing and everything should be groovey.

One thing though, you surprised me with how well you understand the nature of cloth. The bed pick was what caught my eye, you were able to capture how cloth drapes from the mass under it efficiently from a birds eye view. Thats alot of complexity and you pulled it off, I applaud you. Cloth is just about as hard to master as the human form, it's nautre tends to be very erratic. Not only this, one must account for what type of cloth is being effected as well, being different types of cloth fold differently under different situations. But you did it, I would like to see more pics with cloth, be it a cape or rope or scarf, I just wanna see more. O.O

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Vash is a plant » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:06 am

Archan wrote:
Hey!

You know, your art is very dirty....and for some reason I like it even moer because of that xD I guess for me when i see all the little nooks and cranny's of a piece it allows me to see how passionate the artist was bringing the piece around.

Dirty? Oro? :drool:

Archan wrote:
One thing though, you surprised me with how well you understand the nature of cloth. The bed pick was what caught my eye, you were able to capture how cloth drapes from the mass under it efficiently from a birds eye view. Thats alot of complexity and you pulled it off, I applaud you. Cloth is just about as hard to master as the human form, it's nautre tends to be very erratic. Not only this, one must account for what type of cloth is being effected as well, being different types of cloth fold differently under different situations. But you did it, I would like to see more pics with cloth, be it a cape or rope or scarf, I just wanna see more. O.O

God Bless,
Archan

Oh wow... thank you... I love cloth. I love putting scarves and sashes and robes on characters. It's amazing to me how... just how lovely cloth is. Although sometimes when I draw pictures with cloth, it's the only thing that turns out good. :sweat:
Vash is a plant

Postby Archan » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:49 am

*Laughs*

Don't worry, I mean dirty in a good way. It's mainly refrencing to how I can see all the smudge marks and pencil rubs and all that other stuff, that's what I mean by dirty, but it gives your drawings more life strangely, so, yeah........there you have it :sweat: :thumbsup:

Your cloth is very good. If you had no trouble mastering cloth, anatomy shouldn't be too tough for you then ;)

I'll await more of your art....
God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

More Art! YEA!

Postby Vash is a plant » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:47 pm

Yea! Finally another picture to post! This was supposed to be up like a couple days ago, but I didn't have time to get it up until now. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll post a picture I found in an older art book....

Thank you guys for having commented on the other pictures! ^__^

-Vash :dance: <- this is the absolute coolest smiley ever! :rock: ^___________^ :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vash is a plant

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:54 pm

Ooh, I like that picture. Your others are also good. The first one with the dude under the sheets was pretty cool!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Archan » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:05 pm

Oh.....

I like your newest addition Vash is a plant, in particular the BG. It's very soft and solemn, yur character looks good as well. The only thing is, the green foreground doesn't look like it belongs. It's like, Dark solemn character, with a cool errie soft BG, sandwich-ing a bright green freshly cut lawn.....O.O You might wanna try darkening the lawn or adding a few elements, berhaps some other people walking in shadow which you could smudge to make them feel more lik ethe envirnoment, leaving your original character the only one focused keeping him the subject of the piece. Just some thoughts....either way I like it :thumbsup:

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Return to Art Corner