My first one *shudders*

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

My first one *shudders*

Postby Syreth » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:55 pm

This comes from an attempt to figure out GIMP. I'm way new at this "digital art" stuff. I know the little twinklies at the bottom kinda clash with the sloppy feel of the rest of the pic, but i figured, "hey, they're twinklies... cool!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Syreth

Postby Sam*ron » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:03 pm

Syreth wrote:This comes from an attempt to figure out GIMP. I'm way new at this "digital art" stuff. I know the little twinklies at the bottom kinda clash with the sloppy feel of the rest of the pic, but i figured, "hey, they're twinklies... cool!"

Hey thats cool! My friend Omega Amen uses GIMP maybe you could ask him for some tips.

Good job!
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby Archan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:53 pm

LOL :lol:

You said twinkles...he he he Oh sorry, I'm easily ammused. :sweat:

GIMP, never heard of that program. Must look into it. As for your art it's a very good start. I have no doubt that you'll comtinue to learn more techinques and drawing styles in Due time. and the twinkles at the bottom do give it this strange appeal.....OOOOOoooohhhh, twinkles... @@

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:26 am

Neat-O :thumb: Like Archan said, I like the twinkles. It's like he's saying "Bye for now" as he's disappearing to another dimension or something. :grin:
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby jonman » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:49 pm

WoW....cool i like it
MY webpage!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
MY BAND!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
Knight of C.A.A

"To Protect, To Serve, To Anime!"
jonman

here's another

Postby Syreth » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:59 pm

I made this with GIMP 2. Still trying to get things figured out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Syreth

Postby Angelchick » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:01 pm

cool, thats pretty good.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Sam*ron » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:10 pm

Good job! :thumb:
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby kirakira » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:51 pm

Cool! *thumbs up* I too am a GIMP-er(?) GIMP-ee(?), GIMP-user. *lol* We *GIMP and I* have a love\hate relationship. ^___^ Those are really good. I really like the shine on the hair in the first one. (And yeah, twinklies rock! I totally over-use 'em ^^) I like how the second one looks soft. And the eyes are nice. I like eyes. ^_______^ So, keep it up and post more! :thumb:
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Mave » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:53 pm

I've never used GIMP but I dare say, for a first time, you did pretty well. ^^

I suggest trying to achieve more solid outlines and avoid color bleed (the eyes, in this case). Keep it up! (refer to the first pic)
Mave

Postby Syreth » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:17 am

well, I guess this thread is now inappropriately titled, as this is try #3. I spent some time on it, except for the background. I just sorta threw something together and it turned out like a cheesy 80's backdrop that you see in photos from when you were like in 3rd grade, but oh well.
Syreth

Postby Archan » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:28 pm

I LOVE the 80's!

Oh, but anyways. This is alot beter then your last. The coloring is very noce, and your sense of shading is good as well. Hum, would you consider playing with the line weight. What I mean is, using a thinner line for the hair then what you used for the face and the body. Also, don't feel obligated to outline your hair, draw some strand marks to show more of the flow of the hair.

BTW, in case you didn't get the hint, totally keep the BG, I luv it :sweat: :thumbsup:

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby kirakira » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:46 pm

*claps* I like it much! That's your third, and you're already doing really well! I also compliment your shading. It's nice. heh, and I like the bg too. I wasn't around for much of the 80's *lol*, but it looks neat. :thumb: Keep it up!!
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Syreth » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:06 pm

Well, I finally got my scanner today. (yay!) So I figured I would upload some sketches. They are extremely dirty looking cause I've been trying to fill up my old notebook that I've been using since about 5th grade, and all the drawings rub on each other. The guy with the sword is Claude from Star Ocean EX, the guy in the suit is the guitarist from Rock n' Roll Worship Circus (I just figured that the guy looked like he belonged in an anime). And the guy with the guitar is my friend, Adam. I redid his senior picture in anime just for fun.
Syreth

Postby Betafish » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:45 pm

That's cool! I like the twinklies too! and the close-up of the face looks pretty neat too! ;)
Betafish

Postby HikariChan » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:15 pm

i agree with betafish:thumb:

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Syreth » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:52 pm

Here's another one I made on the compy with GIMP 2. Don't let him scare you... :wow!:
Syreth

Postby Jaltus-bot » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:55 pm

Good pics! :) Please keep up the good work and continue to post.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Angelchick » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:26 pm

nice, i like his hair and the background is cool.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Vash is a plant » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:47 pm

Wow. I like your sketch-book drawings! I like how in the first pic you didn't draw out every single line, letting a persons mind fill in the blank spots, that's really cool! The positions that you have them in are also really cool!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13 :thumb:
:dance: :jump: :hug: :comp: :poke: :drool:
I have a Deviant Art! http://keiko-mukisune.deviantart.com/
Vash is a plant

Postby Jaltus-bot » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:36 pm

1. I can't believe I never posted here, but then it took me a while to relize this clearly labled forum was here.

2. Do more. Do more.

Syreth wrote:well, I guess this thread is now inappropriately titled, as this is try #3. I spent some time on it, except for the background. I just sorta threw something together and it turned out like a cheesy 80's backdrop that you see in photos from when you were like in 3rd grade, but oh well.

:P

4. I have the GIMP but I've never done much with it.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby c-girl » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:14 pm

AH! >O.O<!! >^.^< Tee-hee! I'm kidding! I'm kidding! wow! that's amazing for a first time! that's really good! >OO<
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby Riku777 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:32 pm

loks. great! i like ur last drawing with gimp (i guess u wouldn't call it a "drawing" really would u? 0.o) lol. i'll just call it ca (comp art) i love the last ca cause of the hair and ur backgrounds r always kool. ur scketches too i could never do anything like that. :thumb: gr8 job :hug:
Adopted by Sammy-chu ^-^ *Wishes Sam*ron would come and visit sometimes*

Proud Owner of a limited edition Kaemmerite (AKA Nate) Plushi!!!

Mary had a little lamb.... AND THEN I ATE IT >:D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
Locke wrote:When life gives you lemons, make it into a blog and get comments. =/

Nate wrote:[color=black]Screw TNT: CAA Knows Drama.
[/color]
[color=#ffa500]"Thank you for killing this thread...
dragging it's poor comatose body into
the freeway....and allowing the trucks
of rabbits trails of offtopicness drive it
into the pavement. Please, feel free to
spit on it's skid mark remains.
You monster."
-Ark

[/color]
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
[color=lime](> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination... [/color]Or I'll eat you, all up. Mwahahahahaha
@_@All my base are belong to bunny@_@
[color=mediumturquoise]猿]
Riku777

Location: Where we live in Igloos, it's below freezing ALL the time and where we talk about the Hockey Lockout

Postby c.t.,girl » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:33 pm

i really like the way you draw it's really cool!! :thumb: :thumb: 2 thumbs up!!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Return to Art Corner