Discussion:What are dreams?

Talk about anything in here.

Discussion:What are dreams?

Postby LecktheTech » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:24 am

I was reading another post her, and then saw that TCG stated that he thinks dreams are mostly what you think about all day. I would disagree, because I have had dreams that had literally nothing to do with what I was thinking about all day. So, I thought I would start a thread on it.
What do you think shape the dreams we have?
(TCG, I wouldn't mind hearing more about what you think)
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Re: Discussion:What are dreams?

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 pm

Dreams can be shaped by our experiences throughout the day, but also can be influenced by other factors, such as our body's current state of being, our past, and our desires.

For example, I was in the Navy for six years, from 1998 to 2004. It has been 12 years since I've been in the Navy, yet I frequently continue to have dreams where I am either still in the Navy or have rejoined it. I rarely think about my time in the Navy during the day, but because it was a big part of my life, my brain obviously likes to continue using the Navy as a setting for dreams.

Likewise, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I've often had dreams where I'm in a restroom and there's toilets everywhere and I have to pee real bad, and I'll wake up and be like "Oh man I gotta go to the bathroom." I don't know that it's exactly a matter of my mind trying to tell me to wake up and go, but it could just be a situation where the body uses that feeling (even if we're not awake to experience it) of having to go really bad as a setting for a dream. Same thing with dreams where you're in a very hot location (because your body is feeling hot) or a cold location (because your body is feeling cold).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:26 am

Or your mind mulling over things you've read or seen.
K. Ayato

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:47 am

Your subconscious mind also effects dreams. If you dream highly desirable, your mind shapes the dream according to that desire. You may not have thought about it, but you have a subconscious thinking, too.
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:21 am

I think there are different kinds of dreams, which mean or come from different different things. I know people who love dreams and can't wait for the next, but I really dislike mine and what goes on in them.

To me it seems that dreams occur when a rift comes in between your soul and your mind, with an effect sort of like driving your car with your feet only. The mind starts working on things, but your rationality can only just interject upon what is happening, if even that. In that space or void, raw emotions, memories, and desires surface and you have to "reach through" those to operate. They could be part of who you really are, or rogue data, or another's interference. I don't like what any of those infer.

Environmental or condition based dream attributes are safe enough though. >_<
Rusty Claymore

Postby IPv4 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:06 pm

:eyebrow: :forehead: :eyebrow: There is a movie called inception that is about having dreams inside dreams
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:53 pm

IPv4 wrote::eyebrow: :forehead: :eyebrow: There is a movie called inception that is about having dreams inside dreams

I actually had a dream where I was in class and dreamt inside it. :lol:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby IPv4 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:43 pm

I once dreamt that I had a horror dream and then I woke up in the dream but gradually found out that the dream
happened in reality....! (In the dream)
IPv4

Postby Furen » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:28 pm

IPv4 wrote:I once dreamt that I had a horror dream and then I woke up in the dream but gradually found out that the dream
happened in reality....! (In the dream)

That's pretty trippy

I've had a looping dream, and one that was just kinda endless in progression. Neither were special. Though one was the only nightmare I ever remembered. In hindsight, it wasn't that creepy.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby LecktheTech » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:48 am

Rusty Claymore wrote:I know people who love dreams and can't wait for the next, but I really dislike mine and what goes on in them.

I fall into the first class. For a while, when I was little, I would have nightmares. But as I got older, I had less and less of them till they are forever gone.

One interesting thing about the sharpest, clearest, and most sensible of my dreams is that they are always set in a fantasy setting. Never anything else. It's always been that way. Not that it's a bad thing, just interesting.
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Return to General