What browser do you use?

Talk about anything in here.

What browser do you use?

Internet Explorer
22%
Firefox (or Firefox dependent such as Pale Moon, etc.)
44%
Chrome (or Chromium based browsers such as Opera, etc.)
22%
Other (Please specify)
11%

Total votes: 18

What browser do you use?

Postby drill » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:04 pm

So, I like to experiment with different browsers, and I right now I'm trying out Comodo Dragon (Chromium based browser).

I was just wondering what browser everyone else uses.
drill

Re: What browser do you use?

Postby Midori » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Firefox, primarily because I can get vertical tabs with an extension, and also because when the browser restarts it doesn't load old tabs until you click on them. I'm a real tabbing beast (current tab count: 364, highest recorded: 1821), so these features are a must for me. Plus I kind of like Mozilla as a company. They're always pushing for a free and open web.
Midori

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Firefox; changed to it from IE years ago, it was cleaner faster and more stable. It's still stable but it's not quite as clean as it was (partially my fault), an it allows me to run my little "Blocktoberfest" of addons.

For secondary browsers I have IE, Dragon(chrome), and Ice Dragon(firefox), which I use from time to time to make sure I'm not screwing things up by not properly white listing a page's shinnies.

@Midori Wow, that's crazy man I rarely get up above the 20-50 range for active tabs. On the other hand I do have over 500 items in Read it Later Pocket (an addon to store tabs to read later) and over 100 in Bamboo (feed manager).

What's you opinion on Shumway?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Xeno » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Safari. I'm an Apple junkie and Safari just works well for me since its preinstalled and syncs between all my devices.
Xeno

Postby FourFourSeven » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:02 am

Firefox all the way!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:21 am

FourFourSeven wrote:Firefox all the way!

You beat me to this comment. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby anlptgtsg » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:00 am

I use google chrome. Seems fast for me.
anlptgtsg

Postby DecooPunk » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:44 am

IE. Yus you heard me. >_>
DecooPunk

Postby CalebFishy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:49 am

I use Explorer. :D
It just seems the best to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i30WR3Ahnig
ClaecElric4God wrote:I've learned to appreciate things that I didn't before, because my primary desire is to see the Lord praised and glorified, by whatever means, as long as He approves of it.
CalebFishy

Postby shooraijin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Firefox (either "real" Firefox or TenFourFox). I don't trust Google Chrome, and I use an old Power Mac at my house anyway.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Internet Explorer. I'm actually surprised at how many use this, considering how much negativity I've heard about it. Honestly, I don't prefer it over anything else, I'm just too lazy to try other stuff. Though I do genuinely dislike Chrome. I don't like the feel of it or how it runs.
Atm, however, IE is being weird on me, so I might start experimenting with other stuff.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby shooraijin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:46 pm

IE's improved a lot from the bad old days, I must admit.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby FourFourSeven » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:00 am

shooraijin wrote:IE's improved a lot from the bad old days, I must admit.

Maybe MS is having a waking, perhaps acute, moment of sanity?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

FourFourSeven

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:49 am

Firefox! I like it's addons, it feels safer to me for web-browsing, and it's just what I've been using for a long time now, so I'm just kinda used to it. Oh! And foxes are cute!
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby PandaPop » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 am

IE is beating Chrome Crazyness!! I still mostly use IE.
I never understood you Firefox people, clicking on that sketchy little fox that looks like a virus waiting to happen buttt.....then I used Linux, and I can safely say my virtual box is virus free ;)
PandaPop

Postby FourFourSeven » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:32 pm

PandaPop wrote:IE is beating Chrome Crazyness!! I still mostly use IE.
I never understood you Firefox people, clicking on that sketchy little fox that looks like a virus waiting to happen buttt.....then I used Linux, and I can safely say my virtual box is virus free ;)

If only you knew the power....of the FOSS side (Free & Open Source Software)!
-Napoleon Bonaparte

FourFourSeven

Postby PandaPop » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:58 pm

This makes me sad I WANT TO KNOW THE POWER! I'm still a total noob in the computer world, but I'm currently working that.
PandaPop

Postby drill » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Just happened to stumble across another chromium based browser called Baidu. So far, I really like it, especially since it pops out youtube videos and even downloads them as built in features.
drill

Postby Jonathan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:31 pm

I used to use Internet Explorer but now I use Firefox.
"And Jesus said unto him, 'Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God."-Mark 10:18

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the son, but the father."-Mark 13:32

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."-John 14:28
Jonathan

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:45 am

Opera 12 (the old school one which hasn't had updates in a while). It has all the good features that aren't implemented in Opera Next yet.... the features that actually make it Opera, rather than Chrome.
I'm a bit concerned with the Opera company - they haven't updated version 12 in 7 or 8 months, and I don't know if they do plan to have any further updates. This is sad, because it sometimes crashes repeatably. They haven't given any details about their roadmap for the Chromium/Blink Next version, and specifically the time frame for when they'll implement all the good features which are currently missing.

Midori wrote:Firefox, primarily because I can get vertical tabs with an extension, and also because when the browser restarts it doesn't load old tabs until you click on them. I'm a real tabbing beast (current tab count: 364, highest recorded: 1821), so these features are a must for me. Plus I kind of like Mozilla as a company. They're always pushing for a free and open web.

Um, wow... I like having a lot of tabs too, but I feel a bit dirty having more than 100 open, and everyone seems stunned that I have more than 20 open. I'm surprised Firefox handles that many. I haven't generally found Firefox or Chrome to handle lots of tabs as well as Opera (in resources), as well as being easier to manage for the user in Opera.. but I haven't explored Firefox extensions very far.
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Return to General