Dash Cameras

Talk about anything in here.

Dash Cameras

Postby ashfire » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 am

If anyone seen the video of what a falling space rock did in Russia, most of this was done with private owned dash cameras. Many of them are used for insurance reasons to show the insurance company what happen in a accident to prevent fraud.
Dash cameras are on the market for truckers, public safety and government agencies. Some cameras only operate when sudden braking or movement cause the camera to activate. The ones on the market are a continuous recording design for certain amount of hours before down loading or start recording over old info.
I wonder if anyone would buy one just to record their travels and to spot that unusual scene on the road.
If I had had one day it would shown a situation I seen.
Sitting at a stop light, a person on a scooter passes by sitting on a commercial floor buffer tied down on the seat of the scooter traveling down the street. :wow!:
If my fire company had had one mounted front and rear in one of our fire company's chief vehicles it would show the hit and run accident on that vehicle and could have gotten the tag number of the vehicle that struck it.
ashfire

Re: Dash Cameras

Postby shooraijin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:23 am

I use a mount for an HD camera, but it needs a bit of setup. On the other hand, you get some incredible stills off it.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to General