How Are You Different From When You First Joined CAA?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:24 am

I've been here for nearly a decade now and that mostly makes me feel old and I've come to realize that I don't actually like most anime/manga.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Lynna » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:28 am

I'm more open-minded and I don't abuse so many exclamation marks and All Caps.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:49 am

I have to agree with Panda here. It really fills like a community here. I never had that before with a message board. It's the reason I keep so many people here in my prayers.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Also, I do believe my comebacks have improved since I started posting in the Goof-Off section.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:30 pm

^I have to argee with Rocky. This is honestly the first place I ever felt welcomed, and ever felt that I could make some honest friends here. I love this place with all my heart.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:40 pm

I want to love this place with all my heart but my left ventricle is just so bitter.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Nate (post: 1592892) wrote:I don't want CAA to be like a family because if it is then I'm the creepy uncle and I don't want to be the creepy uncle.

you ARE the creepy uncle...

not only that, you ARE the Weakest Link, goodbye. :P
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Wow, I've definitely changed a lot since I first joined this sight back in 09. For one I started college, got my second job, then my third job which I am currently at.

I switched my major once, and started dating my girlfriend. I've gone through a variety of theological changes and some of my beliefs haven't changed at all. Some of my views, especially political, have only gotten stronger with the passage of time.

I definitely have more confidence in myself and I don't feel the need to show off to express myself. Nor do I feel a desire to emphasize my interests to distinguish myself.

Sometimes, I look at posts from younger people and I chuckle a bit. But I realize how wrong that is because I used to be like them. It's not fair to them.

I also reconnected with one of my friends who is now my best friend and I found a whole lot of new friends.
Yamamaya

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:47 pm

When I first joined I pretty much just posted awful art and hoped people would like it. Eventually I stopped coming at all, but when I came to Japan as a missionary, I was starved for contact with other English-speaking Christians, so I came back. CAA helped me through that terribly lonely time of my life.

Now I've got family and friends here in Japan and I'm not so lonely anymore, but I do love this community.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Tigerchu » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 pm

I stopped moving as much. Which means ..... I stopped moving as much^^U
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Peanut » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:02 pm

I laugh more when I'm on this site then when I first joined.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:25 am

Peanut wrote:I laugh more when I'm on this site then when I first joined.

I wish I could say that but I dunno Jon Clement and Tundrawolf gave me some pretty heavy laughing fits back in the day.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby sarahjoy78 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 pm

I joined... When DID I join? Last November? December? I love CAA because I have made a lot of new friends that I have enjoyed spending time with, talking to, roleplaying and playing fun games and stuff with them. It's nice to have a site where there are christians and nothing improper on here. I have come closer to God through the daily devotions and I have a WAY longer list of prayer requests from my friends now! Everyone here welcomed me with open arms and it's ALL because of Ally-Ann who told me about this site! Thanks Ally! I owe you one! Long story short, I'm glad I joined! :D
[SIZE="3"]If we gotta start somewhere why not here?
If we gotta start sometime why not now?[/SIZE]
sarahjoy78

Postby Peanut » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:19 pm

Nate (post: 1595386) wrote:I wish I could say that but I dunno Jon Clement and Tundrawolf gave me some pretty heavy laughing fits back in the day.

No one will ever beat toonman.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:46 pm

Peanut (post: 1595471) wrote:No one will ever beat toonman.

Toonman is a goldarned national treasure.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:37 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]I joined on March 13, 2005. When I look back at myself then as compared to now, I can't be nothing but thankful to God that He matured me from what I was then into the person I am now. Not saying that I'm perfect now by any means, but I like to think that I'm a great deal better now than I was back then. Back around the time I joined, I was dealing with a lot both outwardly and inwardly. My sister had passed the year before, my nephew was living with us at the time, and I was still confused about myself on so many levels. I became extremely self-centered, short-tempered with regards to my nephew, and I was, in hindsight, really hurting after losing my sister. At the time, I was keeping a Live Journal, and when I read just how much hatred I had...it was like reading someone ELSE'S journal and not mine own. [I have since deleted it: I wouldn't want anyone else reading about those low parts in my life] Thankfully, with time and prayer, I started to mature and have since left that part of my past in the past.

With regards to how I've changed here on the forums, again, I feel I've matured a great deal. Back when I first joined, I was so eager to try and fit in. I was trying to be noticed and be involved and to that end, some of my old posts are a little...shall we say...crazy? However, as I matured online, I grew to realize that I didn't need to try and fit in--I just had to be myself!

Granted, I'm not around CAA nowhere near as much as I was back in the day; what with work and some other projects [SHAMELESS PLUG: Check out my blog "The Cajun Samurai" by clicking the link in my signature! You won't be sorry!], but I still like to think of CAA as being a place that I just have to visit every once in a while--even if I never post anything. It just feels right. [/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby agasfas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:36 pm

I joined back in 2004 when I was 19 years old. Back then I was in my second year of college and worked as a cashier at a grocery store. Years later (now) I am happily married with a baby on the way. I currently work as a special education teacher and I am attending graduate school to receive a masters in accounting.

Also, I used to be able to sit down and watch a whole anime series in a week. Today I still enjoy watching anime, however I do not spend nearly the fraction of time watching anime then what I used to. Maybe an episode every week... If I am lucky. One thing has remained the same: my passion for the Lord.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Previous

Return to General