What does it mean if one of the main reason I want to get married is for sex?

Talk about anything in here.

What does it mean if one of the main reason I want to get married is for sex?

Postby dothackzero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm just starting to wonder if that really is just the main reason I want to get married. I mean would that just mean I just think of women as sex toys or something like that? I mean I do love the thought of having constant companionship and never being alone(most of the time), having someone to talk to. But I do think there is a part of me that wants sex more than the other stuff. Basically, I'm wondering if that's wrong. Well I'm also worried that I won't be to treat a woman right, but that's a diffrent topic and I want to take care of this part 1st.
dothackzero

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:54 pm

It's not a good idea
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Atria35 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:58 pm

It's a very bad thing. My parents got married mainly for that reason, and to say that their marriage is bad now is an understatement. It also means that you're young and hormonal- having the urge is perfectly normal. Wanting to devote your life to someone mainly so you can have it? Terrible, terrible idea.
Atria35

Postby Xeno » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:04 pm

It's not a good idea in the slightest. If that's what is driving the relationship then there really is no bond between the two of you and when you grown bored of each other, because you will if that's the only reason you marry a woman, what are you going to do then? You need to allow yourself some time to mature, and I'm not trying to be condescending when I say this, but you need to allow yourself to grow up a bit more and get past this before you try to start a relationship, because if you don't you're going to hurt yourself and her both very badly.
Xeno

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Bad idea, as the others have stated. Plus if you do get married just for sake of having a means to release your sexual urges, what's gonna happen when you or the lady doesn't want it anymore? One of you will look for someone else. Not a good foundation for a relationship, let alone marriage.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Wanting sex is normal and not necessarily wrong. But I have to echo everyone else here: Don't get married just for the sex.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:11 pm

If you marry for sex and the person who you end up marrying turns out to be an idiot, then you'll have an unhappy marriage. When you truly love someone, you will have a stronger sexual desire for them (shouldn't this be moved to TD?).
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Sex is an important part of marriage.

Sex is not, however, the most important part of marriage.

You have to live with the person you marry outside of the bedroom/couch/shower too you know. There's more to life than just getting some, and sexual desire is not a strong foundation for a relationship. That's like tenth grade "I want her to be my girlfriend 'cuz she's got a nice rack!" stuff. It's childish.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Well said, Nate!

I won't lie. One reason I wanted to marry my husband was for us to have sex without guilt. But I mean it when I say it wasn't the only reason. It takes more than just love (or sex) to make a marriage work and last as long as it can.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Nate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Right. It's not a bad thing to want to have sex with the person you want to marry. That's normal, and healthy. But it IS a bad thing to marry a person just so you can get in their pants.

Nate

Postby dothackzero » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:49 pm

Actually, I am waiting till I'm married for sex. I was just worried for a sec if it really was the main reason I wanted to get married.
dothackzero

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Well, looks like you got the answer to your original question answered 10 times over. Question you should be asking in light of it is this: What are you gonna do now?

K. Ayato

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 pm

dothackzero (post: 1512634) wrote:Actually, I am waiting till I'm married for sex. I was just worried for a sec if it really was the main reason I wanted to get married.

Shouldn't that be a question you'd ask yourself not a forum?
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Nate (post: 1512620) wrote:Sex is an important part of marriage.

Sex is not, however, the most important part of marriage.

You have to live with the person you marry outside of the bedroom/couch/shower too you know. There's more to life than just getting some, and sexual desire is not a strong foundation for a relationship. That's like tenth grade "I want her to be my girlfriend 'cuz she's got a nice rack!" stuff. It's childish.

Very well said.

Also, I would agree with Grubb on this. Don't get me wrong - I do think it's good to turn the users on this forum, as well as other Christians you may know, when you need advice and such. However, in a situation like this, the only way to really know the answer would be to look into your heart to see your intention. We don't know you as well as you know yourself, as we can't look into your heart. Only two people can do that: you and God. So, in a case like this, I think the only way to know for sure would be to closely examine your heart's intention and pray about it.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:42 pm

dothackzero wrote:Actually, I am waiting till I'm married for sex. I was just worried for a sec if it really was the main reason I wanted to get married.

And again, I repeat myself. If sex is the main reason you want to get married, then you're not mature enough to get married.

TIME FOR BAD ANALOGY.

Sex in a marriage is the icing on the cake. Icing is usually pretty important to a cake, but not the most important part of the cake. The important part of the cake is...well, the cake. If you want to get married just to have sex it's like eating just a bunch of icing. It may taste really great at first and you might enjoy it! But it's not filling. You're not going to be satisfied just eating a bunch of icing. And eventually you're gonna get sick of that icing and want something more...but you know, maybe there isn't more. You went for the mountain of frosting and found there was no cake underneath it.

You gotta get the cake first, man. THEN get the icing.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Comparing human beings to food makes for a bad analogy. But it's all I can think of.

Nate

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Not to mention a creepy one.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:30 pm

He makes a good point, though. Sex is only a part, not the whole.

K. Ayato

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Guys, I think this topic isn't suited for the general discussion. So I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. I'm not saying that it's not important to ask this question, but it does seem like the OP got his questions answered.

If anyone else has any further comments feel free to pm. And in the mean time, please refrain from making threads such as these in the General thread. Areas such as The Mature Prayer Topics thread is a good place to put this.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Return to General