Steve Jobs has died

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Vii » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:37 pm

I've never owned an Apple product, but I've been saving up for an iPod Touch (32gig) and I was waiting until they announced the next gen so I could get the 4th gen when the price drops (I watched it happen last year, the prices of previous gen iPods drop for a little while when the new gens come out. but that's beside the point). Anyway, I'd been checking apple.com awaiting this years release, and last night I checked it only to find a full page picture of Steve Jobs with the words "Steve Jobs 1955-2011". I immediately thought "He died? Didn't he just resign as CEO and stuff? 0.o"

What's surprising is that I didn't find out about his death from Yahoo (where I usually get news) but directly from the apple site.

Anyway,
R.I.P Steve Jobs =[
Vii

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 am

This is indeed a terrible shame, though in least he is not in pain anymore and hopefully with God now. R.I.P. Steve Jobs. I may have never owned an apple product, but you were indeed a brilliant man.
TopazRaven

Postby akorecki1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:32 am

He was brilliant he was an amazing smart man! It is sad he is no longer with his family and no longer with us but do you think who ever becomes the new CEO will continue making apple products? I think Steve would want that. R.I.P Steve Jobs 1955-2011.
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby Xeno » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:39 am

akorecki1 (post: 1509169) wrote:He was brilliant he was an amazing smart man! It is sad he is no longer with his family and no longer with us but do you think who ever becomes the new CEO will continue making apple products? I think Steve would want that. R.I.P Steve Jobs 1955-2011.

Tim Cook took over the company as CEO last month and has effectively been running the company since last year. Apple is still very much a viable company, it will continue making products, and Steve's vision for at least the next generation of iOS devices are already on the drawing pad. So they aren't going anywhere.
Xeno

Postby akorecki1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:15 am

Well that is good.
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:22 am

I am sorry Xeno I am so jealous of your sig. That is a amazing quote by an amazing man.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Previous

Return to General