Miracle stories

Talk about anything in here.

Miracle stories

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:48 pm

I was wondering what's your favorite miracle story? And not fictional ones, but true stories, whether it'd be somebody's amazing testimony or an article you read in a Christian magazine. In this thread, discuss your favorite miracle story and how it inspires you.

There was an article I read in Adventist World that was entitled "The Hiroshima Miracle" about how in WW2, when the atomic bomb hit, the members of the Hiroshima SDA church all survived, completely unharmed, even though most of them were in a radius they should of either burned to death or had radiation poisoning. (A few of them are still alive today!)
It was inspiring because considering the low percentage of Christian in Japan, to see how God protected them. Plus I didn't even know there was a church in Hiroshima at the time! To know that all the members did not die in the blast is definantly MIRACULOUS! It reminds me of when Daniel's friends were thrown in the furnace but did not burn. God is truly amazing! He can protect us, even though logically and scientifically it's impossible. Because with God, NOTHING is impossible!

What amazing stories of God's miracles or blessing of someone else has inspired you?
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby TheMewster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:00 am

Godvine.com

This site is chock full of them, but I especially enjoy when babies turn out perfectly healthy even though they were premies or were born with severe birth defects. That is my favorite miracle.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Sheenar » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:32 am

One of my friends had a brain tumor (showed on MRI) and some of the older people in his church laid hands on him and prayed. At his next check-up, the tumor was gone--and the doctors could not come up with any possible explanation.

Similar thing happened to another friend who fell off a horse and fractured some vertebrae in her neck --fracture showed up on x-ray in local hospital, but when she was life-flighted to a major hospital and they did another x-ray, the fracture was healed.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TheMewster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:33 am

God does amazing things dosen't He???

Wait, when I mentioned miracles why did I not remember Jesus's miracles---including the one that saved us all (His Resurrection.)?
TheMewster

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:39 am

AnimeGirl (post: 1505214) wrote:I was wondering what's your favorite miracle story? And not fictional ones, but true stories, whether it'd be somebody's amazing testimony or an article you read in a Christian magazine. In this thread, discuss your favorite miracle story and how it inspires you.

There was an article I read in Adventist World that was entitled "The Hiroshima Miracle" about how in WW2, when the atomic bomb hit, the members of the Hiroshima SDA church all survived, completely unharmed, even though most of them were in a radius they should of either burned to death or had radiation poisoning. (A few of them are still alive today!)
It was inspiring because considering the low percentage of Christian in Japan, to see how God protected them. Plus I didn't even know there was a church in Hiroshima at the time! To know that all the members did not die in the blast is definantly MIRACULOUS! It reminds me of when Daniel's friends were thrown in the furnace but did not burn. God is truly amazing! He can protect us, even though logically and scientifically it's impossible. Because with God, NOTHING is impossible!

What amazing stories of God's miracles or blessing of someone else has inspired you?

Wow, Really??? :o That is amazing! Reminds me of when God sent all those plauges to the Egyptians while Israelites was in slavery, and God protected the Israelites.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:16 pm

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Xeno » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Diamond Dragon (post: 1505326) wrote:Wow, Really??? :o That is amazing! Reminds me of when God sent all those plauges to the Egyptians while Israelites was in slavery, and God protected the Israelites.

Buuuuuuuuuuurn.

Anyway, I've heard a lot of stories about miracles happening, never really seen one. I fought my way through cancer, as did my mother, with the help of medicine. Which I believe God has given humans the ability to understand and create, so maybe that was a miracle in itself.
Xeno

Postby TheMewster » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:52 pm

I didn't know you were a cancer survivor! Congratulations!!! God bless!
TheMewster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:28 pm

At a church we went to a while ago, there was a family with a baby boy who sometimes had bad coughing fits. The mother (or older sister?) once mentioned an occasion when he was coughing really badly and couldn't seem to stop. The whole family laid their hands on him and prayed, and the coughing stopped.

Other than personal stories of how a couple people barely survived 9/11, that's the only one I know.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Return to General