Why did you choose your avatar?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Selenite (post: 1515407) wrote:[color="Plum"]I chose this avatar because Mamoru/Prince/King Endymion and Usagi/Princess/Neo Queen Serenity are my first favorite anime couple and because this is their wedding portrait.[/color]

That's soooo AWESOME!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and soooo romantic!!!! :XD:

I chose my avatar... while I do like Shizou as a character, mostly because I like how he's drawn... and he has an awesome, epic, totally cool vest!!! XD
This

Seto_Sora

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:13 pm

I chose my new avatar (little Chihaya from Chihayafuru) because I love her hair.

And because I didn't realize until after I set it up how out-of-place the image looked next to many of my posts.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby CrystalChalice » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:30 am

I chose this avatar because I like the Natsu Dragneel/Lucy Heartfilia pairing in Fairy Tail. It's also a possible indication about what's gonna happen in the manga's upcoming movie, if its source is correct.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby alma » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:11 pm

It is Christmas season, so I decide for a temporary avatar of one of my favorite animes, Ouran, with the words Merry Christmas. But those words can hardly be seen.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:22 pm

I wanted something random-ish. I'm starting to think I want a different one, though. . . Maybe a Christmas one.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:28 pm

I don't know how I didn't post here, but... I've felt a certain affinity for Artemis for a long time. And the avatar blinks. It looks alive, while other animated gifs involving people doing crazy movements don't. It's because blinking is supposed to be constant and it's subtle, while most of the animated avatars couldn't happen in real life since they wouldn't be able to keep it going indefinitely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mike123123 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:04 pm

ummmm because i like baka to test? :D
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
-John 3:16
Mike123123

Postby Vii » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Yuki Nagato, because she's wearing a Christmas party hat and holding a snowflake.
Vii

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Because it's Steampunk, Christmas and Fluttershy, which are all my favorite things.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Furen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Because I have an unhealthy obsession for Marvel super heroes, and spider-man and black cat are my fav partner pairing in the universe, it just made sense to me.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Well, I love the colors, I love gingerbread men and coffee, it's kind of Christmassy, and it's really cute and semi-romantic, which suits me fine at this point in my life. :)
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Twister980 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:28 pm

I chose mine because I think the ponified version of me is pretty accurate.
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Postby akorecki1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:07 am

I changed mine recently mine is Nimmy from Surface. I choose it because Everyone loves Nimmy.
You can die at any time living takes real courage. - Someone of FMA

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.

Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.:rock:
akorecki1

Postby Voltage » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 pm

I chose mine because I think Russia is adorable.
KOLKOLKOLKOLKOLKOL
Call me Russia, da?

MLIAWESOME.
Voltage

Postby Neko-Hime » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Right now, it's one of my dolls! It's pretty old though, I should change it! xD
Neko-Hime

Postby Vii » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Now mine's Edward Elric with a Santa hat I drew on. For Christmas of course.
Vii

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 am

You drew that? Nice! :thumb:
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby muzik_gurl » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:20 am

Because Big Bang is my favorite band and G Dragon from Big Bang is my current biggest crush!
[color="Magenta"]I confess...I sing along to foreign songs that I dont understand at all. They're usually Korean.[/color]
muzik_gurl

Postby RandomBurrito » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:11 pm

I chose mine because Len is my favorite vocaloid, but I've had it on for a very long time and I believe it's time for a change.
[SIZE="5"][color="White"]Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! [/color][/SIZE]

[color="DarkOrchid"]@[/color][color="Green"])}~`,~[/color] [color="Yellow"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators.[/color]
:hug:
RandomBurrito

Postby Vii » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:30 pm

And now I changed mine to Ed and Winry. Mainly because it's past Christmas so my one with Ed in a Santa hat is now irrelevant.
I was also browsing through my folder of avatars I've gotten from various sites and thought this one was cute.
Vii

Postby alma » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Another temporary avatar. From Soul Eater. Becase she is a good partner to her Meister and a sharp knife in battle, literally...she becomes a knife :). Also she is caring without using a lot of words. She is not a mummy, she is a nurse and a teacher.
alma

Postby gimin1294 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Mine's Urahara Kisuke wearing Char's mask and a red-striped hat..Since I couldn't find a good male avatar to represent myself..I'd usually put a female one but I don't know if that's ok nowadays.

Not much meaning to it other than a male avatar but I just thought of doing parodies back then when I used to do vectors. To relate myself with a bleach character I'd be more close to Mayuri than Kisuke.
gimin1294

Postby Neane » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 pm

This site needs more Legend of the Galactic Heroes avatars. Plus, Magica Madoka is a good show.
Neane

Postby ChefHedgie » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:37 pm

'Cause I'm a stay-at-home chef, and I like anime.

.... hokey smoke, Bullwinkle is that ever simple!
ChefHedgie

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:47 pm

It was so hilarious, I couldn't resist making it my avatar XD

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Sai-Chan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Cuz It's Aaya Sohma. THAT is why.
Sai-Chan

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:48 pm

Hikari is one of my favorite anime characters. Plus, I thought this was the best pic of her.

SincerelyAnomymous

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:29 pm

This was the only good pic of Ayato that I could find that I also liked. If I find another, I may change it.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby sandalwood » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:52 pm

I chose mine because I LOVE the Valentine's Day episode of EEnE! This was just a cute image from that episode XD
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby CrystalChalice » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:56 pm

There was an artist in this convention I attended yesterday, and she drew an anime portrait of me there. I think she did a really great job here.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Previous Next

Return to General