Why did you choose your avatar?

Talk about anything in here.

Why did you choose your avatar?

Postby Kaori » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:00 am

This is different from the other thread.

Recently, I was thinking about the reasons why I chose my avatar, and it occurred to me that there could possibly be many different rationales for choosing any given avatar—for example, someone might choose an avatar of a particular character because they like the character, or because the character’s personality is similar to theirs, or purely because the image looks cool. When I chose mine, it was for none of those reasons but because I felt that the mood and expression of this image give a fair indication of my personality and harmonize well with the way I want to present myself.

So why did you choose the avatar you did?
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:04 am

I chose mine because I thought it was funny and it tied into my username.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby aliveinHim » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:11 am

I chose mine because I'm obsessed with Renji Abarai from Bleach and I can't wait to get my Renji cosplay.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:50 am

I chose my avatar in honor of a recent event that was going on in the US, which I'm not at liberty to discuss publicly to avoid argument. The event is since over, though, and I should change it to something else, but I'm lazy.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:00 am

I just remembered seeing the Lion King II movie where Simba makes that flirty smile and I just knew it had to be my new avatar.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:00 am

I have my current avatar because I thought the image was kinda funny and because I'm obsessed with Gundam.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Winry » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:02 am

I chose my avatar first because of my name and second because I generally don't get enough sleep.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:20 am

No real reason behind mine other then the fact I really like Austria from Axis Powers Hetalia and decided I wanted an avatar of him and his 'wife.' :lol:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Vii » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:22 am

I browsed my pictures folder for some anime screenshots, liked this Edward Elric one the best, then cropped it and scaled it.
So basically, I had no real reason other than FMA being one my favorite anime. ^_^
(I wonder how weird this post would look if I changed my avatar....)
Vii

Postby TheMewster » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:30 am

I thought the kitty was so adorables!!!! God bless!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:33 am

I choose mine because CAA needs more of Hazama.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Agloval » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:46 am

I tend to switch mine pretty frequently, but my general principles are (1) it should be either (a) funny or (b) cool and (2) it should have some connection to something I'm watching or reading at the moment.

My current avatar is Paul von Oberstein and his famous dog from Legend of the Galactic Heroes. (Some wag drew a bunch of pictures of the show's cast in this style, and they turned up on /m/ at some point. Here's another example.)
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby Xeno » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:05 pm

My avatar is me in Gran Turismo 5 "world" and he objects to dirty racing.
Xeno

Postby Wallachia » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:21 pm

I chose mine because Astro Fighter Sunred is an underrated comedy that deserves more love and attention.

The character in mine, General Vamp, is the main villain of the series and leader of the Florsheim division in Kawasaki City. His entire group of monsters (and all of Florsheim's, actually) are incredibly polite and easy-going. If anything, he's the exact opposite of evil but is still trying to take over the world.

Wallachia

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:31 pm

I chose mine because it is a delicious mfw and I hope you guys don't do this meme.

And it's George. You can't go wrong with George.
Yamamaya

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:33 pm

I chose mine because it's beautiful and sounds kind of conceited. Just like me ;)
PrincessZelda

Postby Tenchi » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:39 pm

I chose mine because one piece is one of my most favorite adventure anime, and because I always like it when Luffy and Naruto express such willpower towards what they're trying to become. (The Pirate King and Hokage) I want to push towards my dreams with that kind of willpower. I just picked the google-found image of Luffy that seemed to express this the best. :P
One Piece teaches me to strive for my dreams with all my might.

Clannad teaches me the importance of love and family.

So live strong and realize your dreams, but don't forsake those around you. :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tenchi

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:44 pm

I chose mine because (X '_________')
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby CrystalChalice » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:54 pm

I chose my avatar just because I like Sawako and Kazehaya, both individually and as a couple.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:57 pm

[color="Plum"]I choose my avatar because I love the anime/manga and character Sailor Moon and we somewhat have the same personality.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Edward » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:15 pm

I chose mine because I think Soul Eater looks really cool in a pinstripe suit. No other reason.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:21 pm

I chose/made mine because I liked the anime, the character (I really, really liked this character XD), and thought the source picture was pretty.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:35 pm

I chose mine because of the East Japan Earthquake. A Japanese friend of mine posted it on his facebook; it was something a friend of his made, and of all the "pray for Japan" images floating around, I liked this one the best.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, guys, don't forget to pray for Japan. /offtopic
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:45 pm

I chose mine because; I like the comic it's from, and it was ... January, so it seemed to fit.

I've been meaning to change it since I've had it for month now, and it's summer.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:56 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1490104) wrote:I chose/made mine because I liked the anime, the character (I really, really liked this character XD), and thought the source picture was pretty.
Would you find it creepy if every time I saw one of your posts I stopped to stare at your avatar.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Princess Kairi » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:59 pm

It's Kurapika from HunterXHunter and he is amazing! Enough said.
Princess Kairi

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 pm

I chose mine because....I drew it as a symbol of my username....or an animated self with a phantom mask. :3
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:14 pm

It's Adrien Brody. Do I need a reason?
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Darth_Kirby » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Just because of my name. Besides... KIRBY IS JUST SO CUDDLY!!! XD
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Princess Kairi wrote:he

Wait, that's a dude?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Next

Return to General