theology

Talk about anything in here.

theology

Postby snowyangel » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 am

ok someone please explain to me what this is

I walk into a Christian bookstore and see a whole section on theology...what is theology???
:lol: :dance: :hug:
snowyangel

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:44 am

According to Webster, Theology is the study of God and religious beliefs. Like politics, a debate about this can become hostile. Does that help? :jump:
Link Antilles

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:30 am

I don't necessarily see this as the start of a debate; I see it as merely an innocent question of curiosity. In a nutshell, and much like Link said, theology is basically a general study of God's Word, the Bible. The theology section of a bookstore would probably have all kinds of books about different Biblical topics. Hope this helps you out too. ^_^
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby snowyangel » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:45 am

Thank you!...and I don't want to start a debate I was just asking what it meant...I want to learn more about it..since I don't understand all I want to
:lol: :dance: :hug:
snowyangel

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:48 am

snowyangel wrote:Thank you!...and I don't want to start a debate I was just asking what it meant

Hehe, sorry, I was referring to a debate on a topic of theology not the definition if it. :)
Link Antilles

Return to General