Favorite comicbook superhero

Talk about anything in here.

Favorite comicbook superhero

Postby firestorm » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:05 pm

hey guys I just want to know is there any other people who like comicbooks out there. What is your favorite comicbook superhero? Mine is Wolverine of the X-Men. "snikt"!!!
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Definately Wolverine

Postby Negotiatrix » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:54 pm

Wolverine would be my favorite, with the Owl guy in The Watchmen a close second. What is his name??? It's been so long I can't remember, but I really liked his character. Very humble.
Negotiatrix

Postby firestorm » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:22 pm

Negotiatrix wrote:Wolverine would be my favorite, with the Owl guy in The Watchmen a close second. What is his name??? It's been so long I can't remember, but I really liked his character. Very humble.

never really read the watchmen myself is it good?
firestorm

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Lightbringer » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:34 pm

stupid thing, just sent itself before i started. ok, now to my responce. my favorite superhero..... SPIDERMAN!!! he is completely awsome. cool powers, smart sarcastic coments, and an interesting personal life. how can you beat that?

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Saint » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:34 pm

At one time i did read a bunch of comics... who did i like.... based on 'character' i liked spider-man- a good guy.
based on power i liked "Eternal Warrior"
based on art style i liked Jim Lee's "WildC.A.T.s"
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby freeze » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:51 am

um... iceman! :thumb: lol
freeze

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:32 am

Martian Manhunter. He's green. He has psychic powers that he actually worked to get. Most of the time he doesn't do too much talking while fighting.
uc pseudonym

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:53 am

Jughead from Archie. Anyone that can eat that much and not gain weight has to have superhuman powers.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Shinja » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:42 am

im going to have to say jay gerrick the golden age flash. love those old 60's and 70's commics
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby MyrrhLynn » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:38 pm

Although I have never really read comics I am a big superhero fan. I guess anyone who looked at my E-mail could tell I am a big Batman fan. :dizzy: And I think he is still my favorite, but Nightwing has a close second.

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Spencer » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:41 pm

Gambit from X-Men! Go Gambit! How cool is a guy that throws playing cards at people? I mean, he's awesome. Colosso or whatever that big silver robot metal guy's name was I liked, kind of, not as much as Gambit, but he was decent enough.
:)
Spencer

Postby firestorm » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:33 pm

Spencer wrote:Gambit from X-Men! Go Gambit! How cool is a guy that throws playing cards at people? I mean, he's awesome. Colosso or whatever that big silver robot metal guy's name was I liked, kind of, not as much as Gambit, but he was decent enough.

Do you mean Colossus, yeah he's pretty cool. Gambit is probably one of my favorite X-Men besides Wolvie and Nightcrawler. but third place really belongs to Green latern. He could probably kill everybody if He just thought about it.probably even Magneto, if he can hold onto to his ring long enough.
firestorm

Postby Razgriz » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:39 pm

Captain America, because he is Captain America :)

Then there is Iron Man, because of his awesome suit.
Razgriz

Postby Lyger » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:10 am

right on Freeze...However a close second would have to be Backlash from Stormwatch(image comics) and he'd be followed by Ironman
Lyger

Postby Gypsy » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:34 am

I've hardly read any Western style comics, but I used to faithfully read Sonic the Hedgehog. So ... I guess mine would be either Knuckles or Tails. Judging from other comic characters that I've seen on covers and such, I always thought that the Green Lantern looked pretty neat.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Retten » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:51 pm

Spencer wrote:Gambit from X-Men! Go Gambit! How cool is a guy that throws playing cards at people? I mean, he's awesome. Colosso or whatever that big silver robot metal guy's name was I liked, kind of, not as much as Gambit, but he was decent enough.

WOW! one of my friends likes the exact same characters :thumb:

im just going to list the top 3 i like to many :sweat:
lets see my favorites are
1. Spiderman (since i was little)
2.Iron Man! just look at the pic i mean come on how can you not like the guy
3. Green Lantern i could go for a ring like his (side note in one of the series DC made to kill off some of the extra heros and start their hole line of super heros up again Green lantern destroyed the universe and tryed to recreate it i think they might have made him a bit to powerfull but i was an awsome series)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:20 pm

I like Batman and Superman.... BUT Which ones better???? SUPERMAN... because he is a superhero and Batman is a human and can die unlike SUPERMAN! BUT thats only me okay

I like X-Men too.
Dominique

Revelation 22:12- Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

Paper cranes are my friend... so is pastel stars

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:42 pm

I like Batman and Superman.... BUT Which ones better????

Bah! As if there is any question! Superman just got lucky in the gene pool! Batman, not only has his own butler, but had to work for those muscles baby!
Ashley

Postby Saint » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:25 pm

and since Batman was given the kryptonite ring by superman to stop him if he ever went insane. hehe. :)
Rouge has some skills being able to drain others powers.
Maybe we could name a character we like by company: Marvel, DC, Image, Valiant... anymore?
Saint

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:09 pm

I got bored with superman quite easy, on the one hand its cool how he's all super super powerful. But .... that dosn't give much of a challenge. I like the superman cartoon thats on "Riseing Sun" on Cartoon network, it used to be part of toonami when i first started watching. I like that one, cause it gives limits to superman, and he got thrown around and stuff. Pluss Darkside ripped up on him that was cool. Anyway. Batman , he was pretty good, but somethings about him bothered me too. I mean, even if he is super rich, the government keeps track of your money, so really he'd get busted pretty quick, wich brings me to the other thing that bugs me. Vigalantie'ism is a crime. Why do the cops dont mind whats going? Like a city would really rely on superman, or have a batsignal. anyway thats all for now.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Saint » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:25 pm

hehe, ya know... i learned my lesson about Vigalantie'ism a long time ago... it was a painful lesson. when all my frineds ran off, i didn't do so well agianst the gang. (thinking back i should have ran, and just called the cops.)
Saint

Postby BrianC » Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:41 am

Here are some of my favorites.

The Thing from Fantastic Four: Not too much on powers, but he has that attitude going, looks cool, and has the awesome catch phrases like "It's clobberin' time".

Plastic Man: Odd choice, but there is just something cool about a superhero who can stretch like rubber.

Spider-Man: Very cool character who is good at wisecracks and one of the first superheros with everyday personal problems.

Silver Surfer: Has an ultra cool origin story and is just plain cool.

The Mighty Thor: I haven't seen too many comics with him, but the ancient dialect and the viking garb rate very high on the coolness scale.
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Postby shooraijin » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:19 am

Did anyone here see the movie "Mystery Men"? After all, if you have superheroes in a city, you've got to have wannabes.

I rather liked the Hulk myself (recalling Saturday morning Hulk cartoons but I'm probably dating myself, a-*gain*).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:15 pm

shooraijin wrote:Did anyone here see the movie "Mystery Men"? After all, if you have superheroes in a city, you've got to have wannabes.

Blue Raja. It's all about the forks.

I think by large that people are too rough on Superman. I mean, sure he gets his powers automatically, but it's not like that's his fault. A common trait is to subconsciously dislike the pure superhero, as everyone seems to go for the anti-hero. Though I like Batman.
uc pseudonym

Postby Saint » Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:53 pm

Mystery Men??? how about "Waffle Man" i love his little intro. :)
one of my favorite old cartoons was the spiderman/x-men show. back then my favorite was iceman. cool. ;)
Saint

Postby MasterDias » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:40 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I think by large that people are too rough on Superman. I mean, sure he gets his powers automatically, but it's not like that's his fault. A common trait is to subconsciously dislike the pure superhero, as everyone seems to go for the anti-hero. Though I like Batman.

Even though Superman was technically stronger than Batman, I always considered it rather balanced. Whereas most of the villians Batman fought were basically normal humans, the ones Superman fought tended to be more sci-fi like Darkseid and Brainiac, an alien warlord and an advanced super computer respectively. Even the ones who were(or used to be) human like Livewire and Parasite proved more than a match for Superman.
I never really read comics much myself but I enjoy watching the TV shows. Personally, Batman is one of my favorites. I like Gambit and Wolverine on the X-Men pretty well too.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby shooraijin » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:22 am

> Mystery Men??? how about "Waffle Man" i love his little intro.

Nah, it's all about Ballerina Man.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:56 am

:forehead:
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Return to General