Anime Banners

Talk about anything in here.

Anime Banners

Postby DuelShocker3 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:22 pm

I saw that lots of people on the boards here have little anime banners in their signitures. I want to add one too, but I can't find any. Whats a good place to find them?
DuelShocker3

Postby darkoon » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:49 am

Im as lost as you, but even worse. How CAN I put a little picture thingy like yours under my name???

Darkoon
darkoon

Postby Master Kenzo » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:51 am

djnoz was making these for the members of CAA, but he...stopped.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:41 am

Well once you find a banner to but in your signature you can ask really nicely and one of the admins/mods might upload it to this server for you. ;)

As to finding some banners...

There is a Daydream site where most of the people here got their avatars from. However, I don't remember the address and I don't know if they have banners for using in signatures. :red: But there are lots of graphic sites out there with good banners for you to use. All you have to do is look for them. :)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby DuelShocker3 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:08 am

Well I do have one, but I changed some things to it and saved it in my files, but I can't find anything to use to upload it. Can I not upload something from my files?
DuelShocker3

Postby Spencer » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:18 am

MyrrhLynn wrote:There is a Daydream site where most of the people here got their avatars from. However, I don't remember the address and I don't know if they have banners for using in signatures. :red: But there are lots of graphic sites out there with good banners for you to use. All you have to do is look for them. :)

The Daydream site you are thinking of is http://www.daydreamgraphics.com

And as for sig pics, it's simple. If you are talking about the picture I am. (IE: The picture under this post that has Ivan and says Spencer in lavender text) Click the User CP button up top, and it should give you a couple of things to edit, avatar, signature, profile, etc. I think. But not sure, haven't been there. Click Edit Signature, and then type in

[ img src="url of picture here" ]

I think. But make sure to remove those spaces. Again, haven't tried it in awhile, but I think it works. Crummy part, you have to upload it to your own server, or get someone nice to upload it to theirs (Thank you Inky!). I think that's what your aiming for....
:)
Spencer

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:51 am

DuelShocker3 wrote:Well I do have one, but I changed some things to it and saved it in my files, but I can't find anything to use to upload it. Can I not upload something from my files?

You CAN upload an avatar but you CAN'T upload a signature banner. If no admins/mods reply to them try PMing them asking them nicely if they can host it on this server for you. Otherwise you can e-mail me (batgirlwi@yahoo.com) the banner and I will put it on my server for you. :thumb:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:57 am

There are others of us who can host your signature, also, so just ask.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby DuelShocker3 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:49 pm

Well, noz or whatever his name is (The webmaster) uploaded my file for me, and told me to put the code in my signiture area. I did that, but now as you can see, all I have is a giant X. Did I do something wrong?
DuelShocker3

Postby inkhana » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:39 pm

Could you paste your sig code here? Someone will take a look at it for you.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby DuelShocker3 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:17 pm

[img]http://www.christiananime.net/images/pikablue.jpg[/img]

Only without the spaces.
DuelShocker3

Postby inkhana » Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:33 pm

Hmmm, not sure...it looks ok to me, so I'm not sure why it's not working. The only diff I can see between yours and mine is that my image tags are in lowercase [img] I don't know if they're case sensitive or not...

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Ashley » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:06 pm

The file name on the server didn't match the one in your sig url. I.e.:
pikablue.jpg instead of PikaBlue.jpg

All better!
Ashley

Postby DuelShocker3 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:01 am

you were right ink, it was case sensitive. Thanks everyone so much! :)
DuelShocker3

Return to General