Anyone gonna see the new matrix

Talk about anything in here.

Will you be seeing revolutions

Total votes: 0

Postby glitch1501 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:32 pm

there is a book, not sure if anybody read it, called "The Matrix and Theology"...its got some pretty interesting comparisons about the different religions...i thought it was good, well im going to see it in the theaters...hopefully it will be better than the 2nd one...reloaded was good..but not like the first....x2 was better...

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:41 am

Where I lived in Northern Cal, a lot of people were obsessed with finding Christian analogies in movies... Especially in Matrix and Lord of the Rings... Many were greatly disappointed with reloaded, but still try to do it with LotR even though tolkien SPECIFICALLY spoke out against this... He said he just wanted to make a good story... I guess it's ok to find things that remind you of a biblical point, but it's another thing when people put it almost at a place of worship.

as for being disappointed with reloaded:

My friend, a total matrix freak, said you're not a true matrix fan if you didn't like reloaded. He said that Matrix is following the rule of trilogies. The second one has to have a sudden stop, has to be the least liked in the trilogy, has to have the least plot (movie 1: build up, learn all about, movie 2: Whicked cool action scenes save plot and set up scene for, Movie 3: finish plot and everything settles and everyone's happy)

He says the same thing about "The Silence of the Lambs" and a few other trilogies that people complained about the second movie. Although, I didn't think that lambs was supposed to be a trilogy, but I guess I never read the book(s) I'll have to get it(or them) I said I never watched hannibal because I was told it was more gore than suspense, and he said "Of course it's gory... People had gotten to LIKE hannibal after the first movie, and this movie needed to establish that he IS the bad guy, we're NOT supposed to like him..." So, basically, the second movie of a trilogy needs to be like that, and if done right will always disappoint those who were fans of the first because they are not accepting it as a single production, but rather as just a sequal...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby SenseiPenPen » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:15 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Where I lived in Northern Cal, a lot of people were obsessed with finding Christian analogies in movies... Especially in Matrix and Lord of the Rings... Many were greatly disappointed with reloaded, but still try to do it with LotR even though tolkien SPECIFICALLY spoke out against this... He said he just wanted to make a good story... I guess it's ok to find things that remind you of a biblical point, but it's another thing when people put it almost at a place of worship.

as for being disappointed with reloaded:

My friend, a total matrix freak, said you're not a true matrix fan if you didn't like reloaded. He said that Matrix is following the rule of trilogies. The second one has to have a sudden stop, has to be the least liked in the trilogy, has to have the least plot (movie 1: build up, learn all about, movie 2: Whicked cool action scenes save plot and set up scene for, Movie 3: finish plot and everything settles and everyone's happy)

About Tolkien: I think what he was speaking out against was looking for symbolism in his books] are angelic in origin [/Spoiler]

As for second movies in trilogies: Empire Strikes back is my favorite SW movie... It's so dark and awful, I love it. :) But from what I here, critics thought Lucas had gone crazy when it came out....

Makes one wonder if episodes 1 and 2 will be redeemed in the end, ne?
"How can I ever save the world /on cup-o-soup and student loans?" - Five Iron Frenzy, "Where the Zero Meets the Fifteen"
SenseiPenPen

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:23 pm

Well, pseudo-angelic. Not really.

But the Silmarillion isn't a finished book. What reason do we have to believe Tolkien wouldn't have changed it before publishing it? For that matter, can't something be vaguely Christian looking without being Christian? Of course, I saw the same thing in the Silmarillion too.
uc pseudonym

Postby Michael » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:44 pm

As for the Smith Vs. Neo fight scene; They did say that they were going to make fight scenes nobody could copy.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Straylight » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:20 am

I personally liked the Matrix Reloaded, the storyline wasn't quite what I expected. We stayed to watch the trailer for the third movie, and I'm definatly gonna be watching that too.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:35 am

I've heard from a decent source that [SPOILER=Not much of one]Neos powers from the Matrix have carried over to the real world, and that the final fight takes place in the real world. Nifty, eh?[/SPOILER]
uc pseudonym

Postby Straylight » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:37 am

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. He does have implants that might allow him to "hack in" to the machine network while he is doing things in real life. [spoiler="spoiler"]like what happened with that Sentinal that attacked him in reloaded[/spoiler]
[align=center]
Straylight

Postby Michael » Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:57 pm

I think the 'real world' is still the Matrix.
Michael

Postby Straylight » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:17 pm

If the "real world" was actually the "Matrix", how would the viewer be able to trust this? The machines might be playing a complex trick, a double bluff, to make the humans think they were fooled about the so called "real world" that exists in the future.

The idea of a multi layered matrix is interesting though.. what if the ruined futuristic world was a second matrix?
[align=center]
Straylight

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:27 am

hmm... Interesting... We'll just have to wait till november...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby EireWolf » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:01 pm

[quote="Michael"]As for the Smith Vs. Neo fight scene]

IMHO, that's a lame reason to make an overdone fight scene. :drool: It's kinda' like people making art with shock value... JUST for the shock value. :shake:
EireWolf

Postby Michael » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:27 pm

I agree with you that it was overdone, that's just what my dad says.
Michael

Postby Saint » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:35 pm

i like the crazy fights... create a world that is so unreal.. thats what i say. ;) super strong, fast and stylish. (or is that the little boy in me?)
Also i heard from a friend that the first showing is at 8 a.m.??? that seems like a strange time, i will check it out...
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Straylight » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:39 pm

what's the chocolate cake scene? I've seen reloaded.

(use spoiler brackets!)

edit Nevermind, I just remembered.
[align=center]
Straylight

Postby Saint » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:57 pm

From what i have found it will be an early morning movie. in my area fandango gave me an 8 am showtime. some random states/zipcodes gave me 9am and 10am. thats all i got from AL, AZ, MD, RI -- and CA gave me nothing...

info. provided for you 27% CAAer's already in line. :brow:
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:37 am

This has no basis whatsoever, but it would be an extremely cool ending to the Matrix series. I've had this in my head for a while, but I figure it might amuse you people.

What if the "real world" is a matrix created in 21XX by the creators of the artificial intelligence? To see the ramifications of their creation, they created a matrix in which they went through with the project. So, just when Neo and co win and everyone is happy, the screen will pan out, and we'll see some scientists watching it on a computer screen.

Scientist 1: So... that is what would happen.
Scientist 2: Whoever would have imagined creating an artificial intelligence would cause so much damage?
Scientist 1: It will have to go, I'm afraid.
Scientist 2: Yes, I guess it will.
Onscreen (in green style computer letters):
Project: Artificial Intelligence... *here the cursor blinks a few times, pausing* deleted.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:13 pm

haha... That would be stinking funny, actually.
Bobtheduck

Previous

Return to General