Anyone gonna see the new matrix

Talk about anything in here.

Will you be seeing revolutions

Total votes: 0

Postby SenseiPenPen » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:25 am

The Zion scene is long enough to take up a whole chapter. I hope it will... It'd be nice to just hit >| ans skip back to something that actually conveys plot.
"How can I ever save the world /on cup-o-soup and student loans?" - Five Iron Frenzy, "Where the Zero Meets the Fifteen"
SenseiPenPen

Postby Michael » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:59 pm

<On a side note, that drumbeat is really annoying. Especially when you aren't watching.>

Hahaha! That's so true! I was like >_< and it almost made me deaf.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Saint » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:05 pm

What's sad is they prolly thought they needed that scene to bring in more people. Some people out there i'm sure wanted a needless part like that. How sad, when the first one did so well without it.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:08 pm

It saddens me greatly when things are added to a movie merely to get it an R rating. This wasn't the case with the Matrix, but it does happen. If only our society didn't value it...
uc pseudonym

Postby otaku » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:30 pm

well dont get me wrong I dont mind scenes like that much its just i dont care to watch with other people particularly women makes me uncomfy and well orgys are just wrong to so it was to far. i will rent and fwd or something yeah i heard it was a let down though.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
otaku

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:17 pm

I might go see Revolutions. But like someone else said, it BETTER be spectacular. I don't have high hopes though ^^;; I'd rather see Return of the King, but that's another thread...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Saint » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:31 pm

I saw the extended preview tonight when my friends and I went to see "the rundown." I need to see the next matrix. oh yes. oh, yes.
Saint

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:47 pm

When the first "revolutions" preview came out, I waited through the single longest set of credits I'd ever seen, at the end of reloaded... I'm guessing the repeated the credits about 7 or 8 times just to annoy people who were waiting ever-so-patiently for the preview they were promised... I wanted to see it even then, but especially after seeing the new preview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:10 am

From what I've seen there will definitely be positive elements, though it was that way for Reloaded as well. We'll just have to see.

I wonder, however, if they'll end the series with a normal happy-happy ending or if they'll do something really bizarre. You know, a huge dream, a matrix within a matrix, etc.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:34 pm

From what I've seen, I don't expect a happy ending... I'm thinking "Jacob's Ladder" maybe? I mean, not that EXACT ending but following that pattern.

One of my aquaintances saw an advanced screening of it... He's not telling me anything, though... (he may if he were a FRIEND and not just an aquaintance... :bang: )

Of course, now that I think about it, [spoiler="lain spoiler"]Lain Had a sorta Happy ending, and I always sorta connected these two (particularly with how I know Christians could take all sorts of analogies out of Lain if they wanted to...)[/spoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby SenseiPenPen » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:22 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:From what I've seen, I don't expect a happy ending... I'm thinking "Jacob's Ladder" maybe?

Jacob's Ladder?

I don't think it's going to have a normal, happy ending. Actually, right now, I'm thinking they're not even going to destroy the Matrix... I think it's more likely that they're gonna come to a truce of some sort with the machines...

Besides, they can't free everyone from the Matrix. "We usually don't free a mind once it's reached a certain age."
"How can I ever save the world /on cup-o-soup and student loans?" - Five Iron Frenzy, "Where the Zero Meets the Fifteen"
SenseiPenPen

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:00 pm

SenseiPenPen wrote:Besides, they can't free everyone from the Matrix.

Forgive me if I'm missing something important. I've only seen the second movie once, but this is the definite impression I got from it.
[SPOILER=Reloaded Viewers Only]Isnt this completely irrelevant? Because Neo chose the other door, doesnt that mean that every single being jacked into the Matrix is now dead? Which means the only people alive are the crew of the ship Neo is now on, and apparently the people still in Zion (from the previews of Revolutions). [/SPOILER]

As a side note, that puts a rather grim cap on Agent's Smith's ability.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:02 pm

Hmm... I didn't even think about that... That is true unless something big changes in the final movie...

I don't know why I didn't even think of that...

As for Smith, I'm not understanding the whole [spoiler="smith"]invasion thing[/spoiler] anyhow...
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:07 pm

SenseiPenPen wrote:Jacob's Ladder?

Jacobs ladder is a movie from the late 80's, I think... It's got the guy from Shawshank Redemption and, well, to understand my statement you'd have to had seen it. Please only see it if you're like over 18... I'm not gonna be responsible for telling a minor to see it... It's rated R and it's a little disturbing... And besides that, I've only seen the edited version on TV, I don't know what they may have cut out (by disturbing I'm not talking violence, language and sex... there is a lot more disturbing things than that...)
Bobtheduck

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:35 pm

It's a horrifying movie to boot. I love Smith. He's the best written Matrix character and the actor is really good.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Rashiir » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:05 pm

Yah he is. That voice is the awesomest thing ever.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:37 am

There's this administrator at my school who looks freakishly like Hugo Weaving. Plus, he wears glasses almost exactly like Agent Smith's. We'd love to ask him to say "Hello, Mr. Anderson" but we're all too afraid (he's exceptionally mean).
uc pseudonym

Postby SenseiPenPen » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:54 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Forgive me if I'm missing something important. I've only seen the second movie once, but this is the definite impression I got from it.
[SPOILER=Reloaded Viewers Only]Isnt this completely irrelevant? Because Neo chose the other door, doesnt that mean that every single being jacked into the Matrix is now dead? Which means the only people alive are the crew of the ship Neo is now on, and apparently the people still in Zion (from the previews of Revolutions). [/SPOILER]

As a side note, that puts a rather grim cap on Agent's Smith's ability.

[SPOILER=Yay spoiler button!]I thought they would not die for a while, because Neo is part of a control to keep errors from acumulating.... I think, since he chose the other door the errors will now just be all over the place, and eventually the people in the Matrix will die. On the other hand, it would be pretty cool if the Matrix was now populated entirely by Agent Smith.[/SPOILER]
SenseiPenPen

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:26 am

Very possibly. And I find that thought rather disturbing. But...
[SPOILER=Dismal Proposition]I think at one point this Architect says: If you chose the other door, every man, woman and child in the Matrix will die. Not sure, but if he does, that means theyre gone. Then again, your theory might be correct.[/SPOILER]
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:54 pm

Well, for the happy bright cheery end to that [spoiler="Saccharin prediction"]Maybe neo figures out a way to free EVERYONE! Hmm... it is possible...[/spoiler]
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:58 pm

[SPOILER=Ah, yes.]And then maybe the machines all become friendly and Agent Smith decides to give up and be nice and they all dance around in a circle and sing Kum By Yah! Yay!
Actually, depends on your theory. *If* everyone isnt already dead, thats what Id bet happens.
[/SPOILER]
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:36 am

Ashley wrote:I'll definately be seeing it. I'd like to think I'm old enough to handle what hollywood can throw at me dirty scene wise and just ignore it.

Hmmm. I do hope that idea comes with limits somewhere.

EireWolf wrote:Hmm... First I will say that I was sorely disappointed in the Matrix Reloaded. Not just because of the gratuitous sex scene, but also the gratuitous fight scene -- the one where Neo fights Agents Smith for....ev.....er...... It just dragged on and on. Yeah, the fighting was cool, but after a while they (the choreographers) were just showing off, and it began to bore me. The whole movie was sadly inferior to the first one. I guess my expectations were too high, because I liked the first one so much.

Yeah, I completely zoned out during the huge Neo and Smith fight. As for expectations being set too high ... that's my story as well.

Will I go see the 3rd one in theaters? If the word is that it's worse than the second one, I doubt it. If I have to go get popcorn again (like I did for the first one) one trip to the concession stand is sort of my limit. We'll see, though.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby madphilb » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:11 pm

You can just stay tuned here Gypsy... .I plan on seeing it the opening weekend, I'll give you all the scoop on it ;)

BTW, saw the trailer off of whatisthematrix.com.... if it's half as good as the trailer :D

PHIL
madphilb

Postby MasterDias » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:31 pm

I've seen most of the first Matrix. Haven't seen Reloaded but I am dissapointed they threw in a pointless sex scene.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Shinja » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:14 pm

ive had many disgutions about the matrix reloaded and what it means and what the creators may or may not have been smoking at the time. in the end ive come to believe that reloaded's bigest problem is that it was a rush job in both the story and grafics department,
i mean they were being pushed to put out 2 movies out in one year and both had high expectations rideing on them. they should have taken thier time left out the sex/orgie, and shortened the smith stuff cause smith is cool and all but hes not that cool. after awhile i just got tired of him.

but i think scerif was awsome and i hope he does some serious action in the next matrix film.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:58 pm

I agree that Seraph was awesome. He recieves a few seconds time in the Revolutions preview that played after Reloaded, and it was near the words "he fights for us?" so I can only hope. I'd like to see Neo teaming up with some programs.
uc pseudonym

Postby Saint » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:56 pm

Seraph has some cool moves in the video game too. he prolly gets as much screen time in the game as in the movie.
Saint

Postby Saint » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:38 pm

Also as for everyone who wondered how the scenes would be split up on the dvd. Well, you can skip a lot of the neo+trinity/"party" but not all. the scene titled "Celebrating Humanity" starts right at the finish of Morpheus' speech and covers most of the "celebration/N+T scene. If you skip it, you will still see neo and trinity in bed and slowly panning out. :rolls_eye
Still you have a better chance of skipping the scene with a dvd than VHS. well... think i will go finish watching it. :thumb:
Saint

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:53 pm

The people of Zion: Hey! There's not many of us free humans left in the world, let's make more!

Sorry, had to say that. If anyone ever MSTK3's "The Matrix Revolutions", they will just have to make fun of that scene with something like that.

I'm a big Matrix fan, but I found that scene off-putting. I do plan to go see the third movie. I really, really hope it's better than Revolutions. Revolutions not only had that pointless scene, it had a lot of stuff that I found cliche'd.

I never saw The Matrix as religious allegory. Certainly, I picked up on little refrences, but I never thought it was a Chrsitian or allegorical movie in the least. I see Neo as a "cyber-messiah", but only in a way like the archetypical mystic hero that appears in science fiction, fantasy, and mythology the world over. It's kind of like Star Wars - the creators included all kinds of things from mythology and religion around the world to create their own mythology for their story. I mean... I got annoyed at Neo in the first movie because he killed a lot of people - and they weren't necessarily evil people. The people he shot up were either people who were temporarily possessed by Agents or poor police and security workers who had no idea that they were just tools for the Machines. I just don't see how people can draw a parallel to Christ at all from a person who kills innocent people, even for a "greater good". Neo's just a freedom-fighter, and that's all - a typical sci-fi epic hero.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:41 pm

there are many biblical things in the matrix I wonder if anyone knows what they are???....SERPH IS SUPER GREAT AWESOMELY GREAT i wish I could dress like that and FIGHT LIKE THAT...the NEO VS SMITH SENCE WAS SO GREAT so was the music to it
Solid Ronin

Previous Next

Return to General