Visual Novel games

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Visual Novel games

Postby Zeke365 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:39 am

I watch a lot of anime over the years and would like to play a anime style game, though I not looking for a visual novel with mature elements more of all age one. My question is since this quite new to me and I have never played a visual novel with the exception of Professor Layton series, and flash game which are quite fun in general. I would like to know is it worth it or stay far away the one I m looking at is Tokyo School Life. I would like to hear your options on it?
Zeke365

Re: Visual Novel games

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Well, I don't think I would call the Professor Layton games visual novels (definitely good games with good stories, but I'd say they were puzzle games), but yes, there are some good visual novels that are worth playing. Since I can't speak for Tokyo School Life one way or another, I'll point you to the Visual Novel Fans thread in the Book Corner subforum, if you haven't found your way there already. You'll find some good recommendations there.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews