Any Blizzard WoW players?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Any Blizzard WoW players?

Postby Anirac » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:01 pm

After many years in free private servers, my husband and I were thinking of going Blizzard for the genuine WoW experience. However, we heard rumours about bad economy, unwelcoming community or non-existent community in some realms. We have been doing our research as to which realm we should join, but I would like an insider's point of view...

Some specifications:
1. US realms only
2. Alliance, but a balanced population is also important
2. Either PvP or PvE realm, RP is our last option
3. We are on UTC -08:00; time difference limit is 3 hours ahead and/or behind

Thanks in advance :)
Anirac

Re: Any Blizzard WoW players?

Postby Anirac » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Well so many views but no replies, I guess not many, eh?

Anyways, we have joined Darkspear. High population, economy flows smoothly, mostly Alliance. We are starter accounts right now, so there's a big limitation to what we can and cannot do. However, if anyone would like a hand with a quest, a quick info on the game, or just someone to chat with while waiting for a dungeon or bg, PM me and we'll arrange for a meeting!
Anirac

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:44 pm

I used to play since vanilla as alliance on Uldum, and I was in my prime during Cata. I was constantly running heroics to gear up for raids with dedicated guildies and stuff. I then got MoP and tinkered around a bit but never got into it. So I have an arcane mage that's stuck at level 87 right now. Haven't played in maybe a year or two. Always been thinking about returning but my guild has very little activity at the moment. Plus life keeps me super busy and all. I dunno though. Maybe one day...
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Anirac » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:46 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I used to play since vanilla as alliance on Uldum, and I was in my prime during Cata. I was constantly running heroics to gear up for raids with dedicated guildies and stuff. I then got MoP and tinkered around a bit but never got into it. So I have an arcane mage that's stuck at level 87 right now. Haven't played in maybe a year or two. Always been thinking about returning but my guild has very little activity at the moment. Plus life keeps me super busy and all. I dunno though. Maybe one day...

Well, this life is a priority :) Check out when Warlords of Draenor comes out! That's what got my husband and I playing again. We too played since vanilla through Cataclysm. When MoP came out we were kind of... weirded out by the panda thing. I know there are pandaren in the lore, but... I think it was too perfectly timed with a trend of China on everything (Chinese movies, Chinese economy, Chinese glamour, kung fu panda, and all things China; not that we don't like China, quite the opposite, but when things become a trend, they lose their sparkle. Yes, much hipster.) and a rising trend of cute, so it all helped us not like MoP that much. I like the concept of a neutral faction though; and from what I've seen in-game and in streams, monks are quite OP. With a starter edition account I can't create a monk, but I definitely look forward to trying it!
Anirac

Postby Anirac » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:12 am

If there is anyone that is interested in playing WoW and would like to stay within a Christian environment, there is one Christian guild in Darkspear, named SALT. Here is their website: http://saltdarkspear.guildlaunch.com/

They are all super friendly and super helpful and do both PvE and PvP. I'm online every once in a while, look for me if you need help. My main characters are Anirac and Maffe. Alliance only, of course :P
Anirac

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews