So I have a question about using evil figures in Christian media

The purpose of the forum is to allow people to post spiritual questions for which they would like answers from their fellow board members.

So I have a question about using evil figures in Christian media

Postby Never thirsty! » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:56 pm

To elaborate, I am in the process at the very early stages of making my first cartoon in blender(now that I have much experience animating) which is a 3d model that i modeled after myself loosely and he fights people modeled after representations of demons to the track"Make War" By tedashii and he wins in the end it is a visual metaphor for me to look back on and say these chains can't hold me. Also hopefully an inspiration to others
Never thirsty!

Re: So I have a question about using evil figures in Christian media

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Yes.
Rusty Claymore

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:50 pm

gr8 question m8 i r8 8/8

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:08 am

Never thirsty, I think you should be more exact about what your precise question is.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Never thirsty! » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:15 pm

shooraijin wrote:Never thirsty, I think you should be more exact about what your precise question is.

Fair enough my question is whether or not that would be stepping out of the boundaries of what is Christian inspiration and straight up demonic or if that is OK I mean my goal is not to make a model that is resemblant of the a demon as the world perceives i want to make them more humanoid(mostly for rigging purposes) but still resemble a being bent on sabotaging any hope of salvation. So I guess how dark of a look is too far if you need reference art I am working on it right now I literally just started it 2 days ago and all I currently have is a choreography and a very basic plot. Yo Mullet Death are you suffering from a case of the crazy 8's?
Never thirsty!

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Never thirsty! wrote:
shooraijin wrote:Never thirsty, I think you should be more exact about what your precise question is.

Fair enough my question is whether or not that would be stepping out of the boundaries of what is Christian inspiration and straight up demonic or if that is OK I mean my goal is not to make a model that is resemblant of the a demon as the world perceives i want to make them more humanoid(mostly for rigging purposes) but still resemble a being bent on sabotaging any hope of salvation. So I guess how dark of a look is too far if you need reference art I am working on it right now I literally just started it 2 days ago and all I currently have is a choreography and a very basic plot. Yo Mullet Death are you suffering from a case of the crazy 8's?

The one thing I learned in life that makes me more willing to have the fullest faith in God is this: If we have NEVER seen evil and the effects of evil, God's Glory would never be full. Why? If we have never seen pain, sorrow and tragedy in live, we would never know that GOD IS THE ONLY WAY. That is why God allows evil, so that evil would defeat itself by it's own wickedness.

In conclusion my answer to your question is: Yes, make evil the main character to make it the worst ever. :thumbsup:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby Never thirsty! » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:25 pm

TheChocolateGamer wrote:
Never thirsty! wrote:

The one thing I learned in life that makes me more willing to have the fullest faith in God is this: If we have NEVER seen evil and the effects of evil, God's Glory would never be full. Why? If we have never seen pain, sorrow and tragedy in live, we would never know that GOD IS THE ONLY WAY. That is why God allows evil, so that evil would defeat itself by it's own wickedness.

In conclusion my answer to your question is: Yes, make evil the main character to make it the worst ever. :thumbsup:

Good point. That is what I will do
Never thirsty!

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:11 pm

I remember the first time I saw Evil. After fighting through the prison planet he was in charge of that was full of elevator music, lawyers and evil snowmen, I finally faced him down and killed him nine times, since cats have nine lives and all.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to Christian Growth Q&A