Please Pray for Me

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Please Pray for Me

Postby EventualDay » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:17 am

Hi all,

My significant other of four years just ended things yesterday. I am devastated. We had been talking about marriage for a while before this.

If you can pray for peace for me, and for his heart to soften--I genuinely believe God allowed us to meet and be with each other. We did not break up for any "issues" except he believes we are not compatible and do not make each other happy. It was an intercultural relationship, so there were always difficulties, but this is not true; I know he is going through a hard time right now and this is the only thing he can really control.

So please pray God's best on both of us. And please pray that his best is for us to get back together. I've just lost my best friend.
EventualDay

Re: Please Pray for Me

Postby PrincessNineTales » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm praying for you right now.

Heavenly Father, I lift up EventualDay into Your hands regarding her best friend/boyfriend. I pray for peace, comfort, wisdom, and discernment regarding marriage and their personal issues. If it's in Your Will for them to reunite then so be it, if it isn't, then it's because You have something better in store for both of them that they can't comprehend at this time. I pray above all else that they would continually pursue a closer relationship with You through this trial. In Jesus name, amen.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=67516 (It Will Get Better)
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=67529 (My Season of Loneliness and Isolation)
viewtopic.php?f=30&p=1650989#p1650989 (Appreciating How God Made You)
viewtopic.php?f=30&p=1650906#p1650906 (Gratitude)
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=67562 (Reading The Bible When You Don't Feel Like It)
PrincessNineTales

Postby EventualDay » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Thank you.

Things are not better, but they are different than they were a few weeks ago. I started attending a small group at church, partly to fill the now-empty time, partly to be part of a community. I have days where I'm okay, and then days where I can hardly breathe. To be honest, I'm not really sure what it looks like to trust God through this, but I'm doing my best.
EventualDay

Postby SierraLea » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:10 pm

I'm praying for you.
I know it hurts right now, but nothing happens without a reason, and God has a hand in everything. As solace, I offer this. It got me through a really hard time last year, and I will always return to this when I need help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCR_Fa8YV2U
SierraLea

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:52 am

Praying for you, EventualDay. I can't pretend that I can relate, but I know how hard it is to lose, or feel like you've lost, what you truly believed was best for your life. I pray that God's will be done in this situation, and I truly hope things work out in the way you're hoping they will. If not, I pray that God will give you the patience and faith to get through it, and show you that He has something far more awesome planned.
Also praying for your SO specifically, because I'm sure that even if you can't be with him you're worried about him and wanting what's best for him.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Prayer Room