A Friend

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

A Friend

Postby John_Smith » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:25 am

I’ve mentioned a friend twice now in the prayer area of the forum.

Have you ever heard a sermon about how people should be able to see the Holy Spirit in us? That the love of God should have an outward affect which others would notice?

I have, lots of times. But never once did I actually see what this was like. Until I met this guy. There’s a genuineness in his faith, something that crosses over. Faith wasn’t just about following rules for him, nor mere fanaticism. He’s the kind of person who would hold a Bible study at five in the morning, and would come running at eleven at night if you called. The kind of person who would go two miles when you only asked him to go one.

Obviously, I have a lot of respect for him, and right now he could use some prayer. His mother has terminal cancer, one of those kinds that we won’t know if she'll last a year or two months. She was set to be released from the hospital yesterday (she’s been in and out for a while now) but instead of that happening, his father was admitted because he fell after having low blood pressure. When they tested his father, it turns out his kidney isn’t working properly and his heart has muscle damage. Last I heard, he was doing better, but they’re monitoring him.

So, the run down is, he has both parents in the hospital for different reasons. While this is going on, he’s also newly married (about three years) and has two kids to keep track of.

Now, thankfully, both his parents are saved. Spiritually, where they’re going isn’t a question. But obviously this family is going through lot right now. Please take a moment to pray for them. Thank-you.
John_Smith

Re: A Friend

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:32 am

A terrible thing has happened to him (and to you, because you are his friend) indeed :( . But I'm sure that with God's help, his parents
will be back on their feet in no time. Have faith in that! :thumb:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby John_Smith » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:01 am

I have happy news to report: His dad is back home! It seems everything was caused by medication which was prescribed way higher than it should have been.
Thank-you, Chocolategamer (also, welcome to the forum!) , and thanks anyone else.

Update: seriously, as I finished writing this, my friend texted me and said they were going to pick up his mom!

Chocolategamer, I dub thou a prophet.
John_Smith

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:22 am

No problem. I'm no prophet, that was just faith :) Oh and congrats to your friend John :thumb:
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 06, 2016 5:33 am

Sorry I missed this while things were going on. And I know what kind of person you mean. Often it seems like those people are the ones who go through the most, as well. I will continue praying for him.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby John_Smith » Sat May 14, 2016 11:41 pm

Thank-you guys. Unfortunately, I learned that the mother passed away this week. Please keep this family in your prayers.
John_Smith

Postby IPv4 » Sun May 15, 2016 4:19 am

I think its common that people who die having cancer feels "better" for a short period just before they die. There is an explanation for it, not sure what it was.
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun May 15, 2016 8:29 am

IPv4 wrote:I think its common that people who die having cancer feels "better" for a short period just before they die. There is an explanation for it, not sure what it was.

I think she will feel better for all eternity (if only she has accepted Christ as our Saviour of our sins) . Let's hope it's that :)

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby IPv4 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:38 am

TheChocolateGamer wrote:
IPv4 wrote:I think its common that people who die having cancer feels "better" for a short period just before they die. There is an explanation for it, not sure what it was.

I think she will feel better for all eternity (if only she has accepted Christ as our Saviour of our sins) . Let's hope it's that :)

After re-reading what John wrote, I couldnt see that the mother felt better, I must have assumed it based on context. A possibility is that the mother didn't want to spent the last time of her life in a hospital.
IPv4

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun May 15, 2016 10:19 am

IPv4 wrote:
TheChocolateGamer wrote:

After re-reading what John wrote, I couldnt see that the mother felt better, I must have assumed it based on context. A possibility is that the mother didn't want to spent the last time of her life in a hospital.

It's most probably due to old age, we must remember that every person has an appointed time of death. An illness cannot increase nor decrease the length of how much would anyone live.

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby IPv4 » Sun May 15, 2016 11:00 am

TheChocolateGamer wrote:It's most probably due to old age, we must remember that every person has an appointed time of death. An illness cannot increase nor decrease the length of how much would anyone live.

It was clearly mentioned that the mother had terminal cancer. I dont think God wants people to die (Ezekiel 18:23 "Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?").
Last edited by IPv4 on Sun May 15, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IPv4

Postby K. Ayato » Sun May 15, 2016 12:04 pm

Hang on a minute. The important thing is this friend's mother has and is experiencing the ultimate healing. She is forever with the Lord, free of any pain and difficulty.

It's rude to presume why God decided to call her home when He did. Also to assume you know what she was thinking or feeling before she went home.
K. Ayato

Postby IPv4 » Sun May 15, 2016 2:38 pm

K. Ayato wrote:It's rude to presume why God decided to call her home when He did.

I havent presumed anything about God.
IPv4

Postby John_Smith » Sun May 15, 2016 3:36 pm

I think you all have right points, you’re just missing each other.
It’s true that God knows the very hour that each of us will die—that sort of goes with omniscience; though it is also true that He doesn’t desire any of us to suffer. That sort of goes with Love. Though this leads us to aground to metaphysical/spiritual versus the physical… which maybe there's a time to discuss that, for now let's leave God to sort it.

It’s interesting, because I hesitated to add the word “Unfortunate,” in my previous post. This woman did have terminal cancer, and in a sense we were waiting for her to die. She was suffering and in pain, yet still showed a remarkable level of enthusiasm the entire time. She was the kind of woman determined to glorify God with each and every passing second.
To give a better idea of what this family is like, when I first asked my friend how he and everyone else was, he said they were good, and that his mother would be mad at them if they weren’t.

I am aware of this phenomenon, though I believe it refers to a period of an hour or even just a few minutes before death. Her coming of the hospital had nothing to do with it. She had been in and out for the past year, depending on her chemotherapy rounds and how strong she was at the time.

Take note, the father also has a terminal illness... though for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. I think Huntington's (this is why he was on medication). So again, if you guys could just pray for this family, that joy (I mean the Biblical joy) doesn't leave them during this time, and they continue to grow closer to God.

EDIT: It's Parkinson’s.
Last edited by John_Smith on Thu May 19, 2016 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
John_Smith

Postby K. Ayato » Sun May 15, 2016 4:05 pm

You got it, buddy. I'll also pray the impact she had on those around her in life is not forgotten.
K. Ayato

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 17, 2016 2:22 am

Continuing to pray. Truly sorry to hear about your friend's loss, but it's awesome and encouraging to see God being glorified even in this hard time, and that the mother was given the grace to handle it with a joyful spirit. It sounds like she was truly a strong woman. I look forward to meeting her someday. :)
Definitely praying for the rest of the family.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Prayer Room