We Might Need to Build An Ark

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

We Might Need to Build An Ark

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:28 am

So, I don't know how many of you are aware, but down here in Texas - at least in the southern part - we've been having some freakishly heavy rain. Like, monsoon amounts of it, and it was coming down hard. A lot of people have been forced to deal with being flooded, including my dojang (I haven't even been able to get to work - thank heaven they closed for the weather) and then that one night we had ginormous hail stones pounding on our house - I thought for sure one of the windows would break, and I sleep near one so....ahhh.

Anyway. So yeah, one rainy day/night later, roads are underwater and houses are flooded. And get this.
It just started bloody raining again. And judging by the unforgiving sky it doesn't want to let up any time soon.

I'd like to ask for your prayers, not just for those already suffering damage, but also especially for those in risk. Myself and my family included...those creeks are freaking filling up fast.

Thanks in advance.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Re: We Might Need to Build An Ark

Postby Sheenar » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:46 am

I'm in the Houston area (north side) and it's pretty bad here.

I'm safe and my apartment complex is on higher elevation, so we're okay here --but many other people aren't faring so well.

Please pray for our area. Watching the news and seeing places I know under water is heartbreaking.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby LecktheTech » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Ouch! I'll be praying and hope that you don't get much more rain.
BTW, any real cause of the rain?
♪The sword is sharp, the spear is long.

The arrow swift, the gate is strong

The heart is bold, that looks on gold

The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.♪
LecktheTech

Postby Wolfsong » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:20 pm

...besides just natural? I dunno. Its just coming down.

Either way, it just rained again. -.-
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Kaori » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:43 pm

Praying.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby LecktheTech » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Wolfsong wrote:...besides just natural? I dunno. Its just coming down.

Either way, it just rained again. -.-

Ah. I thought that it might be from the El Nino effect.

LecktheTech

Postby Sheenar » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:17 pm

It was raining pretty hard while we were driving from home to A&M in College Station to take my cat to the vet teaching hospital there. Like, dumping buckets.

Thankfully, it cleared up after about half an hour or so, though it remained kind of drizzly off and on.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby John_Smith » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:55 pm

Over in California, we'd gladly take some of that rain. Actually, all of it. We'd take all of it.
Nonetheless, praying. Wolfsong, Sheenar, you other Texans out there, remember the rainbow.
John_Smith

Postby LecktheTech » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:33 pm

John_Smith wrote:Over in California, we'd gladly take some of that rain. Actually, all of it. We'd take all of it.
Nonetheless, praying. Wolfsong, Sheenar, you other Texans out there, remember the rainbow.

If we could send rain where ever we wanted, we would be sending it everywhere.

LecktheTech

Postby Sheenar » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:54 pm

A friend's parents' house flooded and they spent the past few days tearing up floorboards, putting holes in walls for air flow, etc. The clean-up is going to take a good while. Please pray for clarity and wisdom for them in how to best proceed from here.

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 06, 2016 5:03 am

What's the situation now? Has it calmed down for you guys at all?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Fri May 06, 2016 8:43 am

It has somewhat. People are still doing repairs to homes. We've had a lot of sunny days this week (though it rained a good bit last week), so hopefully the bayous and rivers will start going down (many were still at flood stage at the beginning of this week).

Sheenar

Return to Prayer Room