Prayer for Police and for Deputy's Family

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayer for Police and for Deputy's Family

Postby Sheenar » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:35 am

This is not intended to be a political post. I know this is a very heated issue in the U.S. currently. I'm not here to discuss that.

Today in Houston was the funeral for Deputy Goforth who was killed while filling up his patrol car at a gas station one week ago. He left behind a wife and 2 children (9 and 5 years old).

Please pray for his family and for the community as well. His family, especially. I cannot imagine.

One of my good friends from college is a cop in Houston. He has a wife and 2 young children. It terrifies me to think that this could have been him. And the heartbreak his wife (also a good friend) and children would experience.

So this hits a bit close to home. So heartbreaking.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Prayer for Police and for Deputy's Family

Postby Kaori » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:48 pm

Praying.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Return to Prayer Room