Influenza

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Influenza

Postby Kaori » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:28 am

I feel a bit sheepish about posting a self-centered prayer request like this, but , well, anyways:

We’ve been having several students come down with fevers and/or influenza recently—usually just a few at a time, but it just keeps circulating around and has been for a while.

I also just came down with influenza and will need to stay away from school for the next 4-5 days until I’m no longer contagious. For one thing, for me as a teacher to miss school actually creates a lot of additional work for me: beforehand, preparing lessons that a sub can do with the kids, and grading afterwards. The sub plans for tomorrow are ready to go, but I didn’t initially anticipate I would be out for 4-5 days, so I’ll need to come up with something for the rest of the week, preferably with as little as possible of me going to school to do prep work as possible because, you know, “going to school and working” is not “staying at home and resting.”

Also, it’s just not particularly good for the students.

Finally, in almost exactly a month I’ll be missing another (4-day) week of school to take some of our students to a mission trip in Cambodia. That’s a lot of me being gone in a short space of time, which is problematical for the reasons above (lots of extra work for me, potentially troublesome to the students depending on how they feel about me as a teacher I guess).

Praises in this situation:

- We’ve only had a few kids per class out at a time with illnesses, not, say, half a class (this has happened before).
- Some co-workers (my supervisors, actually) were able and willing to drive me to the hospital when my fever went over 103 F.
- The doctor and I were able to understand each other, with just a few difficult spots (and she was super-nice :3).
- After we arrived at the hospital, we were able to get in and out within 2 hours, as opposed to the 4-6 hours I’m told it usually takes at that particular place.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Re: Influenza

Postby Atria35 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:55 pm

I know where you're coming from - I'm living with my aunt, she's a schoolteacher, and even though she was vaccinated for the flu not enough of her kids were to create the critical mass for keeping it from running rampant and taking out half of her kids... PLUS her since not enough were vaccinated to keep the vaccinated from getting it >.>" She ended up out for a day but thankfully it was not as bad as it could have been.

I got to see the pandemonium it created in the kid's schoolwork firsthand (I got to help with grading it).

Praying it all goes over as smoothly as possible!
Atria35

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:14 am

Praying for a quick recovery and that all things school-related go smoothly.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby shooraijin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 am

Ugh! I hope you are recovering.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Kaori » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 am

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers; I appreciate it.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Return to Prayer Room