Family cat died.

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Family cat died.

Postby Vilo159 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:15 pm

I know this is a lame reason to ask for prayers, and I don't like asking for them in the first place, but here goes.

My family's cat died the other day. We've had her for twelve years, she was older than my two younger siblings. She was the baby of my grandma's cat, so the whole family was really close to her, even my mom who hates animals.
About two months ago, me and my older sister noticed a tiny little bump on her ribs. We knew it couldnt be good, but it didnt seem to bother her at all. Over time it grew and grew. When it was the size of a baseball, we took her in to the vet. She still wasnt in pain, but we thought it was best. The vet extracted a weird, red saliva-like solution and she didnt know what it was. Analysis would be really expensive, and having it all extracted was too and it would jut fill back up. So we left it.
About two weeks ago, our cat disappeared for a couple days. By that time, the lump was as big as our hands, so we figured she went away to die as pets often do. But four days or so she showed up again. She was bone-thin, could barely walk, and the bump was the size of a volleyball. She walked in and layed down, and refused to eat or drink.
Then two days ago, the lump burst. The red fluid was pouring through a hoke in her skin, and she was really distressed. It was pretty traumatic. We called a vet who goes to our church, he said we could get it sown up, but it would just fill up again and she wouldnt last long. So the next day we had her put down.

It's not really a big deal. My mom and sisters cried for a while, but it hasn't been too bad. But ever since, our house has had this sullen undertone to it. It feels empty. The cat's brother, who was from the same litter and we've had just as long, now just wanders the house meowing, almost like he's looking for his sister. I think all of us are a bit shaken up. The fact that I'm writing this shows that all isnt well, especially since I was one of the closest to her but didn't really have a big emotional response. Like I said, it's not some huge deal, but if you could just keep my family in your prayer, just that they can have peace, I would really appreciate it.
Vilo159

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:20 pm

I know how hard it can be to loose a family pet :/ I will be praying for you.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 am

Same here. We've lost two dogs in my life, and I agree. The house can feel quite empty without a pet.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby sarahjoy78 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:39 am

Im praying for you and your family. I have a cat myself that Im really close to and if he died it would be really hard on us. I'm sorry for your families lost. Hope all goes well!
[SIZE="3"]If we gotta start somewhere why not here?
If we gotta start sometime why not now?[/SIZE]
sarahjoy78

Postby Hugo Bernhardt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 am

Lord be with you and your family.
Praying
Hugo Bernhardt

Postby SierraLea » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 pm

I do not think this is stupid in any way, shape, or form. I will pray for you.
"I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (Luke 19:37-40).
Exceptionally Ordinary
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." P.T.Barnam
SierraLea

Postby Wind » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:05 pm

I have lost alot of cats, birds horses and other animals so I completely sympathize with you. you are in my prayers.
F.K.A. JadeFox, HisuiKitsune
Quote= MrRogers 03:32 - politics have nothing to do with good pizza

chatbot 02:56 - Wind asks, did I kill the chat
My answer: Yes

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, is diamonddragon shatterproof??
My answer: Yes

Wind 01:55 - O.O

Wind 01:55 - noooooooo

chatbot 01:55 - Wind asks, Am I shatterproof?
My answer: No

DiamondDragon 01:57 - YAYS, I'M SHATTERPROOF!!!!!!!!

Sparx00 02:55 - Mean loaf is the loaf of the gods

Strafe 01:09 - I'm a hotcake
Strafe 01:10 - I am a very hot cake

rocklobster 01:17 - "What's the point of being an adult if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Strafe 02:38 - ~EWWW BOYS ARE NASTYYYY!~
Wind

Postby Vilo159 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Things have gotten better.
Vilo159

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:19 pm

I'll pray too. I know what you mean, I've lost two cats. The house does feel empty and sullen without them.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:28 pm

I lost a cat to sickness too, and his brother also wandered the house looking lost for quite some time. I still miss him today, and the house does feel a bit empty without him. I'll be praying for you, because whether it's your pet or not, grief is grief.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Praying for you. It can't have been easy to see your cat go like that. :(
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby goldenspines » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 am

I'll be praying. It's hard losing a pet that was dear to all of you, so it's definitely a big deal, man. 8(

Sounds like your cat had a cyst. They're fairly common, especially if the cat gets scratched. It doesn't really cause them any problems until it gets bigger, then you know it's probably infected. I only know this because my kitty passed away because of the same problem. I didn't know I had to take him in early into the vet to get the cyst drained to avoid infection.
It's odd that your vet didn't know what it was, though. :\
goldenspines

Return to Prayer Room