Health-related prayer requests

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Re: Health-related prayer requests

Postby Sheenar » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:06 pm

The appointments with my dysautonomia team (neurologist and cardiologist) went well! I'm actually doing much better than the last time they saw me and they are very happy with the progress! I'll be continuing on my medication regimen. One med, the dose has been bumped up a little, but I have seen a LOT of improvement since starting it a few months ago.

And there has been an answer to prayer! We finally found a place where I can go do aquatherapy that accepts my insurance! Yay! I'll be going for my eval on Wed. this week, then will likely be starting therapy sometime in January. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Kraavdran » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:41 pm

Great to hear some good news for your health journey, I will continue praying!
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby anlptgtsg » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:31 am

Praise God. Will pray for continued improvement.
anlptgtsg

Postby Kaori » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi Sheenar,

I don’t think I have ever stopped in here before, but I am praying for you regularly, and I’m very happy to hear your good news. :)
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Sheenar » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Thank you, you guys!! Your prayers mean so much to me!

Something cool! : I met the lady I will be doing aquatherapy with at the sports medicine center and she has a few other dysautonomia patients, so she is familiar with it! Yay for having someone who I don't have to explain what my disorder is, but who has experience with it! :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:46 am

Hey, Sheena. Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you, and I hope all is going well.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:13 pm

I meet with anesthesia tomorrow morning in preparation for a minor outpatient surgery on 2/1. I'm currently in week 2 of battling some type of bug that I picked up somewhere. I'm hoping it will resolve before surgery --cause having surgery while sick isn't good and most likely my surgery would be rescheduled --which I just want it done and over with.

I'm hanging in there. Feeling super melancholy this week. I don't do being sick well. And my poor dog is going stir crazy.

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:03 am

I had my outpatient procedure on Monday. Everything went well. The staff was amazing at the hospital downtown. I had a bit of trouble waking up fully from anesthesia (it took a long time), but I did and was discharged later that day. Pain is not bad at all and I follow up with my ENT on Tuesday for my one-week post-op appointment.

I've been doing aquatherapy once a week --I missed a couple of weeks --one due to being sick and one due to a medical transportation issue. I went on Wednesday and it was fun, but kicked my behind. I've been sore all over and wiped out since then. I'll be going once a week for the next 4-5 weeks at least. Please pray that this will help me get stronger, have better core strength (and thus be more stable when sitting/standing/walking and have less subluxations and rotations of my joints), and that my body will adjust to the requirements of therapy.

I have had to step down from my part-time job due to medical issues (I've missed a lot of work) and the increased workload which I can no longer keep up with. The Lord will provide! Things will be tighter, but it will be okay. God will continue to meet my needs as He always has. It's a bit tough emotionally to have to stop working after 2 1/2 years at my job --that's the longest I've ever worked somewhere. My body just cannot keep up with the demands anymore. This will open up new opportunities, though! I'll now have more flexibility and who knows what the Lord will bring in the future!

One last thing: I have an appeal hearing coming up on March 7th. It is for a state program to help with community supports and habilitation to help people continue to live independently in their community. I came off the wait list, but was denied. My service coordinator and others who work with me feel I would really benefit from this program and that there is a great need for it in my life. So they are working to present my case at the hearing in hopes that we will win the appeal and I would be granted access to this program. Please pray for favor in this situation. It is my goal to be able to continue to live in my own apartment for as long as I can. I just need to learn new skills for daily life activities since my abilities have changed.

Sheenar

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:27 pm

Praying Sheena! We love you around here, by the way. :) You should definitely be allowed to retain independence and live in a home of your own, so let's keep things that way. Sorry you had to step down from that job, but I am happy you're optimistic about it.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Sheenar » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks, Mullet! I really needed that reminder that I am loved. That made me smile today. :)

Sheenar

Postby Kaori » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi Sheenar,

Thanks for the recent updates. Glad to hear the procedure went well, and I hope that despite the setbacks that you are having in terms of your job and so on that God will bring you something better than what you could have imagined. :)

Wanted to mention again that although I don't comment in here very often, you are in my prayers every day.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.

MAL
Kaori

Postby Sheenar » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:01 am

Thank you, Kaori. That really does mean a lot!

My follow-up appointment went well --I see my ENT again in 3 months to see if the holes in my eardrums close by then. I'm having an issue with my right hand from them putting the IV in --my primary care doc thinks they hit a nerve or something and it's just really irritated. So am on a course of steroids with instructions to come and see my PCP again in about 3 weeks. It's my dominant hand, so it's a bit annoying to not have full grip strength and to have trouble holding things as well as the pain. Hopefully it is minor and will get better in a week or so. Doc seemed confident that it would get better.

I'm doing pretty decently otherwise. I was able to make it to church on Sunday and to the Super Bowl party that night with my ABF class. And made it to both of my weekly CR meetings this week.

Sheenar

Postby Kraavdran » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:57 am

Glad to hear some good news, although I imagine that irritated nerve in the hand is quite frustrating. Praying that you continue to get good (or better) news!
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby Sheenar » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:01 pm

I had a bad fall last week on Thursday night. I was leaving a meeting at church and was walking to my friend's truck --and didn't see the concrete stopper thing (the things that stop the vehicles when they park) and I went down hard, landing on my hands and knees.

I have been in a lot of pain since then. My pelvis is rotated and my joints got pretty jostled up. Nothing broken, thankfully, but some soft tissue injury is suspected. I go to get x-rays of my pelvis and left knee (the same knee I had surgery on 10 years ago) on Wednesday next week. If x rays come back good and further imaging isn't warranted (may need MRI depending on results), I' was given a referral to physical therapy and will start that if imaging comes back okay.

Please pray. The pain is really getting to me. It's not well controlled at all. My doctor that I saw didn't prescribe anything for pain. I am using some medication left over from my surgery in February --taking one at night to help with the pain enough that I can sleep some. It's really painful to sit up, to stand, to walk, to lie down.

Sheenar

Postby Kaori » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Image Praying, Sheenar.

MAL
Kaori

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:12 am

Praying for you, Sheena. Sorry I haven't kept up with this recently. I really hope you get some relief.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Previous

Return to Prayer Room