Important: Please Pray For Me

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Important: Please Pray For Me

Postby Lluvia » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:53 pm

I realize I am new here, but this is exceptionally vital. I haven't eaten in days, my stomach is in knots, and tears continuously pour from my eyes.... Why? Because I feel far away from God...and sometimes doubt His existence. I keep recollecting my precedent years as a non-Christian. All I do is pray, and read the Word, and it does restore confidence within me, but nevertheless... Anguish throbs my spirit; I can't eat, and have become paranoid and implausibly scared. I feel fruitless, but my faith is still clutching hold of Him. I fear death more than anything...nay, I fear God more than anything. Everyone, please pray for me. I necessitate all the prayer I can get. Thank you, and God bless. (Pardon the disorderly sentences.)

- Lluvia
"In time of trouble...He shall set me upon a rock." - Psalms 24:5
Lluvia

Postby LillyAngel » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:05 pm

Will do... You must eat something. I remember being like that... I'm just getting over not thinking He's really there. Believe me, He is. I will pray for you.

Do not fear death, but fear the un-lived life. -Some one from: Lord of the Rings.

IGFE, (In God Forever)
Liana
LillyAngel

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:10 pm

I can't say that I understand what you're going through, but I'll pray for you anyway. (At least, I'll try to remember.)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Matthew » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:39 am

I to am going through something like that my self(Tho, maybe not as bad as you)
You indeed have my prayers.
"To all our brothers and sisters in Africa and around the world who are being persecuted and put to death for thier faith, I have something to say to you and to you the meaning will not be lost, 'Love Wins!'"

[font=Verdana]Belong. Become. Be Used.[/font]
Matthew

Postby shooraijin » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:25 am

Will do. (Disorderly sentences? Not in the slightest.)

A spiritual void is the hardest thing to conquer, but an important step in God's transformation of us. I have days like this, too.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:13 am

I'll definitely be holding you up in prayer.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Shinja » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:46 am

hey just to let you know ive been in simillar situations before and i will be praying, and please eat somthing.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby LillyAngel » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:09 pm

I agree, you must eat. I too have been in similar situations, but you have to eat. Please. And I shall pray for you.
Liana
LillyAngel

Postby Spiritsword » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:04 pm

Lluvia, you know I'll be praying for you.

Spiritsword
Spiritsword

Postby Mimichan » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:32 pm

I will definitely pray for you, Lluvia. I just went through the same thing not long ago, so I understand. But you really do need to eat something, okay? ^^

"Why do people not notice until they lose it?
What it is that's truly important...
Although I can't afford to forgive even myself,
Because you were there,
I was able to be myself (Natural).
I want to be honest...I want to be kind...
I want to be the adult I once (in my childhood) longed to be.
I go on fighting against the heart to run away...
I go on fighting against that invisible something!"
---

True Navigation: Two MIX
Mimichan

Postby Spencer » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:35 pm

LillyAngel wrote:Do not fear death, but fear the un-lived life. -Some one from: Lord of the Rings.

I think some guy said that in Tuck Everlasting...

But on subject. I was reading my bible, and came across this passage, cause I was kinda questioning my own faith (and I'll try to to goof up this time...)

Man, I can't find it...I need to mark these, or something. Argh...Well, I think it was a gospel, but then again, I'm not too good at remembering things. Anyway, I'll recall what I can about the passage.

It was about Jesus and I think it was Peter. Jesus asked Peter to walk to him across the water, and Peter did. But midway, Peter lost faith, and was scared of falling, so naturally he did. But Jesus caught him, even if his faith did leave for a moment. Jesus is there, whether you believe it or not.

I can't believe I'm saying this, it's not the kind of thing I usually do...Hope that was of some help.
:)
Spencer

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:48 pm

You'll be in my prayers! Hang in there!
Link Antilles

Postby Rashiir » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:11 pm

I'll pray for you.

Have you ever read The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis? VIII in particular:
[God] wants [us] to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there He is pleased even with [our] stumbles...[The Devil's] cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do [God's] will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why [she] has been forsaken, and still obeys.

Basically, our faith is going to undulate, but the tough times are where we really learn to do God's will. Remember, even Jesus asked "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

P.S. Eat. And if you can't eat, at least drink water or juice.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Saint » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:25 pm

I am praying for you Lluvia.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby MillyFan » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:43 am

LOL, I'm there right now (see the thread I'm going to post in a few minutes or maybe tomorrow). I don't have any problem eating or anything like that, I look somewhat normal on the outside (because in my family, I must), but I totally understand the feeling.

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Turbocat » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:25 pm

I pray for you, Lluvia, that you will cling to the faith you have, even in the midst of this crisis when it seems that God is not hearing your cries. Even David, a man after God's own heart, had these empty feelings. He cried out to God 'Answer me when I call to you!' and 'Listen to my cry for help!' Although your enemies are internal rather than external like David's, you still experience desperation to be delivered from them. God, hear your child's cry and pour out Your love and mercy!

I once struggled with being surrounded by 'internal' enemies-my own personal doubts, fears (of death bigtime, of being unloveable even by God) and demons. I didn't read much of the Bible during that time, but when I did, I read the Psalms, and they actually helped a little...esp. Psalm 4-6, 22, 31, 38 and 42. It was a little comforting to know that someone like David went through what I was going through...

May the LORD answer you when you are in distress;
may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May he send you help from the sanctuary
and grant you support from Zion.
May he remember all your sacrifices
and accept your burnt offerings.
May he give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.
and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the LORD grant all your requests.

--Psalm 20:1-5
In Christ,

Turbo =^.^=
Turbocat

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:57 pm

Isaiah 57:15-19
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:35 pm

You will be in our prayers. As another human, thought, I must ask you to PLEASE eat. If for no other reason, than this: Any decision you make without proper fuel WILL be mared by the fact that you do not have all the elements at your disposel to make a coherent decision!
Mithrandir

Postby firestorm » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:19 pm

I will also pray for you. infact not just for you but for all of you who are going through similar ordeals, because I am as well (but not as bad)
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Return to Prayer Room